Zorki-2C found in a cupboard.

Edit My Images
No
Hi guys,
My friend found this along with a FED 2 in his grandpa's cupboard.
He doesnt have a clue how they work so he came to me..
Unfortunatly I also have zero knowledge on these old-school rangefinders, so I thought I'd come on TP and ask you guys.
7346599788_99a7bfec75.jpg

7346600088_307215535b.jpg

A couple of questions from both my friend and me.
1. How much does it worth?

2. I'd quite like to play around with this, since I have never used a film camera before.. but while I was loading the film I couldnt find the exposed film winding thing(no idea what they are called) on the loader ( shown below on the picture).. can they be replaced? does it have to be a specific Zorki one? if they can be replaced, any idea where I can find one?

7346599936_fcc3d3cd81.jpg

7161391327_92a4b55279.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know about the 2C, but my 4K is worth only about thirty or so pounds. Not really worth selling, especially for what they are.

I don't quite know what you mean by the second question, but to rewind your film you use the little thing at the left hand side of the camera (where the engraving is). It pulls out. Up.

Depending on condition, both camera,s are worth similar amounts, that is between £30 to £50, but they must be complete and in working order. The Zorki has a Industar 50 lens, no photo of the Fed, but could also be with an Industar or a Fed lens.These two models are much more sort after then the later 4 and 4K.

The take up spool is missing and you can buy replacements on flea-bay search Zorki spool or take up spool, I think the spool for the 2C was a metal spool, not plastic, but you can check this with a bit of research.

Aha!
Now I'll just have to look for a ''take up spool''!

Thank you for your help guys!

I'd go for this one Metal Take-up spool for postwar cameras FED, it's from the Ukraine but nearly everything Zorki/FED has to be bought from that part of the world anyway.

Yes it's not worth a huge amount, medway's £30-50 guess is pretty spot on for either camera. I'd keep it rather than sell it. The FED-2 is probably the better camera overall (integrated viewfinder/rangefinder), but functionally there isn't much difference between this and the FED-2.

The only pain the arse about using this over the FED-2 is loading the film which is so much easier in the FED-2, this has to be loaded from the bottom and requires you cut longer film leader, there is a decent visual guide here at Zorkikat

They are interesting cameras to use, i have a couple of Zorki's myself (1 and 3M) and have owned a FED-2, you'll probably want a cheap little selenium light meter if you don't want to lug another camera to meter the scene, i use a Gossen Sixtino or a Weston Master V.

Have fun.

Back