Zorki 4

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a question for Arthur and those others who are the masters of the dark art of camera repair.

I have a Zorki 4 which I can only assume has had it's shutter jammed by someone altering the shutter speed without cocking the shutter.

Is this a tricky fix, if I open up the camera will springs and pins ping out all over my kitchen table rendering the whole thing an impossible mechanical jigsaw puzzle?

Or is it achievable for someone with dodgy eyesight and the touch of a hamfisted hod carrier?

****Or is it achievable for someone with dodgy eyesight and the touch of a hamfisted hod carrier?***

erm well if your hands don't shake then you might have a chance ;)

Well - it's not exactly a Hassy in terms of price is it. It's broken now, so what's the worst that could happen? This was my thoughts when I fixed the shutter curtain delamination on my FED-3 with fabric paint, and it worked! Not saying rebuilding a Zorki shutter will be an easy job, probably far from it, tbh! If you're putting a value on your time, then no, it's not worth it. If you're prepared to end up with a shelf camera and a little bag of leftover bits, go for it. If you just want a working camera, spend £30 on fleabay and get another one. Just remember, it's pretty widely accepted, that the first camera you attempt to repair will probably end up in the spare parts box. Being someone blessed with fists of ham and fingers of butter, I managed to get my third one working.:shrug:

Well, if you undo the silver screws around the edge of the case just above the black bit the top will come out - complete with everything shutter-wise - ready for you to get your paws on (I think if I remember correctly you also have to remove the screw mount (4 screws) and two more in the front of the body). At this point you may get yellow and put it back together again, or you might have a peek to see what's happened. If it's not obvious then it's not here. You will need to get into the top bit by taking the advance lever off, the speed knob (screw in the side) and then the three screws holding the cover on (one near VF on rear, one next to advance lever, one below *RF* window (one below VF window is RF adjust). Again, if it's not obvious, leave alone and send it to me ... but as has been said - they are not exactly pricey.

You could look at mine in the Classifieds you know :eek:

Well, if you undo the silver screws around the edge of the case just above the black bit the top will come out - complete with everything shutter-wise - ready for you to get your paws on (I think if I remember correctly you also have to remove the screw mount (4 screws) and two more in the front of the body). At this point you may get yellow and put it back together again, or you might have a peek to see what's happened. If it's not obvious then it's not here. You will need to get into the top bit by taking the advance lever off, the speed knob (screw in the side) and then the three screws holding the cover on (one near VF on rear, one next to advance lever, one below *RF* window (one below VF window is RF adjust). Again, if it's not obvious, leave alone and send it to me ... but as has been said - they are not exactly pricey.

You could look at mine in the Classifieds you know :eek:

Thanks for the advice Arthur (y)

I didn't know you had a Zorki 4 for sale I've just looked in your 'for sale' thread and couldn't see it, where is it?

Ah, I sold it :D sorry... went on Ebay

Back