Zorki 4k

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I got my self a new toy the Zorki 4k and I was wondering if anyone can help on-

The Synchronization scale index marker is this normally set to MF when taking normal shots and X for flash?

Thanks

Hi there - nice camera and yes, you are almost correct... from the manual:

Flash pictures can only be taken at a shutter speed of 1/30th of a second. (For bulbs) the synchroniser should be set to the dot adjacent to "M" for flash bulbs and "X" for electronic (in the case of the Zorki 4 the synchroniser control should be set to "15" for bulbs and to "0" for electronic.

Arthur

Thanks Lads, Looks like a sturdy little beast alright. Loaded my first film into it this morning so I hope to get to play with it today. The only thing do I need a light meter or guesstimate the metering. I have Sekonic L308s will probably use that if I can find the instructions.

You can use the sunny 16 rule... for example using ISO100 film on a sunny day set shutter speed to 100 (or nearest) and aperture to f/16. Therefore with the same rule, for ISO400 you would set speed 400 at f/16... it's a simple and very usable system and there are more in depth details via Google but basically you can go from the sunny @ f/16 to the cloudy @ f/8 to the inbetween @ f/11 and the downright dismal @ f/5 on the same shutter speed...

You can use the reciprocal of the film speed to drop a stop every 50%... so assuming ISO100 at 1/125 (nearest to 1/100) at f/16, for going down a stop to f/22 you need to half the shutter to 1/60... conversely to go up to f/11 you need to double the shutter to 1/250... get the idea? That lets you figure for dof considerations.

Arthur

Worked for me with the 4K last week!

Took it with me yesterday to the paddies day parade. What a beautifull sound the shutter makes. The frustration of waiting to see what the image is like.
As for sunny 16. In Ireland I think we last had sunshine at 3.15pm on the 2nd April 2009.

Took it with me yesterday to the paddies day parade. What a beautifull sound the shutter makes. The frustration of waiting to see what the image is like.
As for sunny 16. In Ireland I think we last had sunshine at 3.15pm on the 2nd April 2009.

CORRECTION: It was 4.13 & 23sec:LOL:

Back