Mick's 52 "Object" added

A tiny dog in a jacket, very stylish and very cute, fits the theme perfectly. I much prefer the coloured version too. A lovely capture ! :)

Mee too (y)

You have done well... I've tried taking shots of my mums dog before and my wifes parents and it's very tricky as they never stay still! Well done... Again if I was being critical im not sure it shouts style as an image but I know it was a tricky theme to shoot... and im not totally happy with my own shot either!

Lady luck was on my side mate, only took 3 shots & luckily one was ok.

I think the colour version of your "doggy style" photo is great, it doesnt look quite right. I wonder if it could take a little sharpening? But it could be my screen thats deceiving me. Well done.

I have sharpened it some already, but with much more it was looking weird :shrug:

Thanks for all the feedback,

Mick

Well, another week with little inspiration :bang:

This was more of a PP exercise for me :shrug:

Your comments please ;)

BananaOpen.jpg
[/IMG]

BananaOpen1.jpg
[/IMG]

Mick

Last edited:
Hiya Mick,

:LOL: love the way you have written on the bananas, brilliant idea.

I would have perhaps removed the sticker from the left banana though. Nice DOF and choice of colour. The bananas look like they are floating, how did you do that?

The image would benefit from a lighten, bit of a sharpen and a crop .... to get a more even background.

Excellent idea though.

Well done.

Cheers

Dawn :)

The bananas look like they are floating, how did you do that?

Magic of course :LOL:
A bit of string & clone stamp :D

Will have a play with the composition & colours.

Thanks Dawn

They all seem to last minute shots at the moment.

Mick

(y) not a bad idea matey..(y) I also like the writing on the bananas:LOL: Nice touch. They do look like there floating but I guess thats what you wanted..

Regards MD(y)

Cheers, MD

I did want them to appear as if floating. Did a similar thing with a shot of my son on a rope swing a while back.

I've been looking at your portrait pics, I'd love to get into this but work gets in the way :bonk:

I'm always looking at ideas & styles to help me take some good shots of my grandson (I'm too young) :help:

Cheers,

Mick

Hiya Mick,

:LOL: love the way you have written on the bananas, brilliant idea.

I would have perhaps removed the sticker from the left banana though. Nice DOF and choice of colour. The bananas look like they are floating, how did you do that?

The image would benefit from a lighten, bit of a sharpen and a crop .... to get a more even background.

Excellent idea though.

Well done.

Cheers

:agree:

Hiya Mick,

Much better (y)

The only thing now, that the crop seems to have emphasised, is the bit of 'colour run' around the edges of the bananas, especially the left banana. This must have been quite a challenge, and something I wouldn't mind trying to do myself at some stage.

Well done, I think you had a fantastic idea with this shot.

BTW I just noticed I haven't commented on your 'Style' pic, which I think is great too. Prefer the colour version, like the DOF, colours and the way you have caught the reflection of the cloudy sky in the eyes (y)

Cheers

Hiya Mick,

Much better (y)

The only thing now, that the crop seems to have emphasised, is the bit of 'colour run' around the edges of the bananas, especially the left banana.
You are a hard task master :LOL:

BTW I just noticed I haven't commented on your 'Style' pic, which I think is great too. Prefer the colour version, like the DOF, colours and the way you have caught the reflection of the cloudy sky in the eyes (y)

Just looked, managed to keep my big head out of the way (y)

Mick

You are a hard task master :LOL:

Have to keep some people in check, you know :bat:, otherwise I would be out of a job :D :LOL:

Just looked, managed to keep my big head out of the way (y)

Oh so is that the big fluffy cloud I see :p :LOL:

Cheers

Dawn :D

Hiya Mick,

I know what you mean about all the shots seem to be taken indoors, same here. The weather has not been very good to us lately, but there is hope that Spring and Summer will let us get more outdoor shots.

Well done on getting your photo done for week 5. I really like this as it is nice and simple and the background makes the subject stand out. The colours work well too. Only crit is the light reflection on the egg cup/saucer.

But otherwise I like this.

Well done

Cheers

Cheers Dawn,

Just looked properly at it now, left the "big" light on :bonk:

Was having a go with natural light from the window, at least with the light off it would have removed the cluster of three at the front.

Mick

Hiya Mick,

Oh well this is how we learn, so next time you might remember to turn the lights off ;)

Cheers

My effort for "clutter"

Tried a few different shots of all the junk in the garage but decided they had no focal point so settled for this :shrug:

Clutter.jpg
[/IMG]

I've tried to reduce to highlights on the can & orange bucket but not getting very good results, any tips?

Can't wait for some better weather to get out more.

C&C welcome.

Great idea to form the clutter image. I like the way the main idea is out of focus, cleaning up the image, and the point of focus is nicely positioned. The highlight on the tank doesn't bother me, but if its a real problem either clone it out in PP or use a multi exposure at different shutter speeds, to get a less well exposed tank and PS into the correct shot (if that makes sense). My only niggle, is that the point of focus doesn't make me think of clutter. As a picture it works very well, but I'm thinking more of lube than clutter. Maybe choosing a subject that links the background clutter and the theme would work if you ever choose to revisit the idea (like a jar of mixed screws etc...).

Anyway, great shot.

Thats a great image, certainly shows clutter well, I like the point of focus being on the oil can, rest of composition looks good also. Can't offer a solution for the highlight though, I had that trouoble on one my pictures I took this morning.

Thanks Michael

My only niggle, is that the point of focus doesn't make me think of clutter. As a picture it works very well, but I'm thinking more of lube than clutter. Maybe choosing a subject that links the background clutter and the theme would work if you ever choose to revisit the idea (like a jar of mixed screws etc...).

Anyway, great shot.

Cheers Adie.

Thats makes sense mate. I took a few & was getting weird looks from the neighbours for taking pics in the messy garage :LOL:

Mick

I thought I'd seen and commented on all the 52s...

#1, nice and simple. I'd prefer a closer crop and a different angle.
#2, second one for me, great idea and well executed. Slightly oof and I'd like to see the white lines on the base removed.
#3, again second one for me, nit my favourite of your set so far though. I'd like to have seen it shot from a lower angle.
#4, great idea and well executed. I'd rather just one banana and it looks like you rushed a bit with the selective colouting...
#5, people seem to like their eggs on here..;) Nice colours on the egg. I'd like to see a closer crop and it's unusual that you chose to removed the shell.
#6, Like it. Great idea, but I'd like to see a bit more dof so the contents were a bit more identifiable.

Cheers and keep up the great work.

I thought I'd seen and commented on all the 52s...

#1, nice and simple. I'd prefer a closer crop and a different angle.
#2, second one for me, great idea and well executed. Slightly oof and I'd like to see the white lines on the base removed.
#3, again second one for me, nit my favourite of your set so far though. I'd like to have seen it shot from a lower angle.
#4, great idea and well executed. I'd rather just one banana and it looks like you rushed a bit with the selective colouting...
#5, people seem to like their eggs on here..;) Nice colours on the egg. I'd like to see a closer crop and it's unusual that you chose to removed the shell.
#6, Like it. Great idea, but I'd like to see a bit more dof so the contents were a bit more identifiable.

Cheers and keep up the great work.

Thanks for the comments Andy,
#1 I took a few but this was the best imo
#2 I prefer the 2nd one & I like the lines as it leads through the shot :shrug:
#3 Not my dog and it was a little rushed, late on deadline day!
#4 No expert yet on the pp, always willing to learn (y)
#5 I did crop tighter but did not seem as good, 1st day basic mistake with the reflections :bonk:
#6 Again, I tried a few different dof shots but this seemed to work best.

Many thanks for the C&C mate.

Will take a look at yours.

Mick

Hiya Mick,

I like your photo for the week Clutter. I wish I could blurr the amount of clutter in my house so effectively, never mind the shed :LOL:

The lighting on the can of lube doesn't bother me too much, but the light reflection on the orange to the left does, but I think that could be cloned out.

Like the fact that the tin also says 'cleans' .... :thinking: wonder if that is a miracle cure for declutter and tidy up :D

Cheers

Here are a couple for this week's theme "delicate"

At least I managed to get outside this week.

1. The delicate tones & size of the moss was so vibrant in the woods today.
Moss1.jpg
[/IMG]

2. This fungi was a very delicate structure :shrug:
Delicate1.jpg
[/IMG]

C&C welcome.

Mick

Hi Mick

sorry I seem to have missed your thread:bonk: & I'm having similar issues with being limited pretty much to the house for this challenge so far !

I love the little pooch ,color shot works better for me ,great take on the theme (y)

Great idea with the bananas & well carried out .Spot on with the color & DOF & I love that they are floating (y)

Could just eat your egg :) Lovely colors ,already been said about the refelctions but I know just how difficult it can be to avoid them .Waiting for my little light tent thing to arrive from fleabay cos getting fed up with trying to arrange lights in the hope of avoiding shadows !

Delicate : at 1st glance I thought the 1st pic was a hedge rather than moss !
You have captured the color really nicely but maybe a closer shot with less OOF or more DOF may have picked out the delicate effect a touch more ?

The 2nd shot I think may have benefited from being closer in to really show off how delicate Fungi are ?
Don't mean to sound negative about the shots as you've done really well & at least managed to get out of the house (y)

Any idea's for Chaos yet ? I'm struggling big time :LOL:

Thanks for looking & giving some input Lynne.

I've no idea what to do for chaos yet :shrug:

We forced ourselves out the door on Sunday as we'd not been out for a walk for weeks. Think I'll have another go @ the moss shot, there were loads of logs & fallen trees with stunning green carpets on them.

Mick

Hiya Mick,

Nice set for week 8, I second what Lynne has already said about a closer image of the moss and less DOF and the second image. However I like the DOF and it may have also been better to get the bracket fungi from a closer angle too as they look very delicate underneath.

Well done though for getting outdoors. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can venture out.

Cheers

Hi Dawn, no ideas yet on the chaos theme :thinking:

BTW, how do I link each pic from the 52 into my first post?
Does seem that your links lead direct to each pic within your thread?

Mick

Hiya Mick,

I am sure you will think of something soon for this weeks theme.

As for the link of each pic on the OP, what I do is click on the number of the thread for the new themed post and copy the link from the URL, then go to my OP type Week #: THEME and click insert link icon and copy it in the URL box.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Che

Hi, Mike, anything with green in it is on a partial winner with me...(y)

Looks like you hand held so both your photographs aren't as sharp as they could have been.

#1 isn't really speaking delicate to me. A good close in macro shot would be better.

#2, composition's a bit off for me and again doesn't speak delicate to me. One thing I do like about this one is the background, great tones, blur and nice and eerie.

Cheers.

Well, first week being stumped :shrug:

Added this image I took on New Years day in Whitley Bay.

I'm presuming that using an old image is against the spirit so I guess it'll be a joker for me this week :crying:

On the plus side I've posted lots of bird images taken today @ the Washington Wetland Centre.

"Chaotic"
Swimin.jpg
[/IMG]

Mick

Hi, Mick, your chaotic is a very fun chaotic photograph. I really like the expression on the left hand lady's face, totally enjoying herself, and the guy behind her who seems to be leaning to get into the shot...

I guess you may not have had much time to really compose the image (I hope you didn't..:D).

You mirror is a mirror image. Decent depth. I'd like to see a bit off the left side which I feel would draw the viewer's eye in and down the glasses.

It looks very orange to me, noticeably in the lower lens - any idea what caused this? Possibly from the wooden table, coating on the glasses or lighting in the room??

Anyway, keep it up and I'll catch your 'Trio' next Sunday...;)

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments Andy,

Chaos was a bit annoying as it was a shot taken at New Year as stated. There was dozens of :wacky::wacky::wacky: people running in & out of the sea.

The sunglasses are orange & I suppose the oak table simply blends in.

I enjoy my photography but have always been "poop" at interpreting things.

Mick

HI Mick

having a quick catch up !

Choas is great....wouldn't worry about posting a shot not taken specifically for the week , it's your project after all & it fits the theme perfectly (y)
They must be crackers though:LOL:

Liking your Mirror finish shot...possibly a bit more DOF to get the whole of the left hand lens in focus ? Does seem a little orangy but as per Andy, guess it's the surface color reflecting back ?

Great idea though , looking forward to your Trio shot (y)

Just seen your reply to Andy ...that certainley explains the orange hue , nothing can be done about that .
& you're not poop at interpreting things , everyone has their own slant on meanings & thats part of what I find fun about this challenge . Each week I look through the posts & find myself thinking...why the hell didn't I think of that :) Enjoying is what it's about , I'm totally addicted ,take loads of shots , a large majority of which get deleted but I still love it . I do think it'll get a touch easier though when the weather improves as shooting stuff in doors is getting to be a bind !

Last edited:
Hiya Mick,

Soz I missed your week 9 ... indeed a chaotic photo (and those peeps are bliming mad :wacky:) in the sea in the middle of winter ..... pain comes to mind :LOL: Well spotted though and as Lynne said ... don't worry about posting a pic you took at any other time .... it is your project and you can post what you think fits the theme.

Week 10: I like this shot, possibly because I like the colour orange and this looks a warm image which kinda fits with the 'shades'.

Well done

Cheers

Back