Show us yer film shots then!

Unforunately I didn't pay enough attention and developed this with a roll of TriX, thinking that this was the same - it is in fact TMax 400 and could have done with another 30/45 secs in the stock D-76 I used.

smile.jpg

Nikon F3 - Nikon Nikkor 35mm F2 Ais - Kodak TMax 400 @ 400​

Alistair

Unforunately I didn't pay enough attention and developed this with a roll of TriX, thinking that this was the same - it is in fact TMax 400 and could have done with another 30/45 secs in the stock D-76 I used.

Nikon F3 - Nikon Nikkor 35mm F2 Ais - Kodak TMax 400 @ 400[/CENTER]

Alistair

Very nice. Great tones and lighting. Not to worry too much about that dev time. Just pretend you did a N-1 development to compress the highlights a bit. ;)

Same spec' as my last post #4106.

I have lots of Tri-X and now I want lots TMax 400...

Cool Cafe

Tables.jpg

Alistair

smile.jpg

Nikon F3 - Nikon Nikkor 35mm F2 Ais - Kodak TMax 400 @ 400​

Alistair

fabulastic! wowza(y)

alistair.o, I think I like the composition of the photo, but to me and my monitor, it,s just a little flat no real depth as your normal standard.(y)

mr.spaceman, Some people hate OOF in the foreground and this I can understand, but for me your shot is outstanding and I really do like it very much, it just gives me a sense of being there.(y)

alistair.o, I think I like the composition of the photo, but to me and my monitor, it,s just a little flat no real depth as your normal standard.(y)

mr.spaceman, Some people hate OOF in the foreground and this I can understand, but for me your shot is outstanding and I really do like it very much, it just gives me a sense of being there.(y)

Thanks for the input. I do see what you mean; could it be the size restriction? When it is 'say' 1200/1500 x ??? it seems much better! Or am I just talking through my cat flap?

Alistair

Here are two more, together with some lint off my cotton gloves (don't, please) - . I wish I has used a 50mm instead of a 35mm - reason? just lacks something to me, as I had to get in too close because of the crowds.

He certainly could play and everything about him was black or white and his specs and eye patch were right off a 1930's German film...

Eccentric Sax Player

BWSax.jpg

Busy Window

window3.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of pictures from an old Pentax S1a with Super Takumar 55mm F2 (50 years old, give or take a year)

The S1a is a bare bones camera and the lens has some of the nicest glass I ever laid my eyes upon; the whole lot £20/30 (it's been some time now)

I take it out and use it - it is fun and challenging in its simplicity; one of the cheapest forms of pleasure, this set-up will run down many modern day kits that cost much, much more. Be encouraged - research, buy it, use it.

Tri-X 400 / D-76 Stock

Isaac

Issac.jpg

The Hillside

HillsideSmall.jpg

Alistair

Last edited:
Have to agree with you Alistair on the super tak, great lenses all of them and they particularly take a great portrait as shown in your first shot.

Thanks Medwaygreen.

Mart, I like the pineapple but I think the trunk is slightly blown or just too contrasty. How did you do it? Was it night or have you darkened the background in PP?

I'd be interesting in learning about which developer you used and the times?

Last edited:
Hi Alistair, both shot where lit with strobes, I blew out the tree trunk slightly, so recovering it has left it a bit too contrasty.
Both TMax100 deved with FD10 for 9mins. Not too sure about the film, still prefer Across 100 and 100 Delta. Should be trying some PanF this afternoon.

Cheers,

Mart

A selection of shots from last year.

Photo07_4a.jpg

Photo16_15Aa.jpg

Photo18_17Aa.jpg

I think the first was taken with my Rollei SL35E f1.8 planner and the last two on a Zenit-E with Helios 44 older 8 blade pre-set. Film OOD Konica Centuria:thinking:

PS: All taken with the SL35E the second two with the Sigma 75-250mm zoom attached. Sorry memory not as good now :)

Last edited:
Medwaygreen: You have a lovely 'easy/soft' colour to that set. You can feel the warmth in No1; 3rd one is the best IMO.

Liam: TMax 100 eh? Ummm. I have used TMax 400 and was very impressed with it developed in D-76 stock (my first with that film). Are you happy with the 100?
Picture No4 in your set is very nice and has quite an effect on the eyes.

Hi Alistair, tmax is awesome these were developed in tmax developer and are super sharp + I love the slight yellow tone it has. I am going to find some time next week to make some prints hopefully...

you can sell the d90 now and pay towards your college fee's..

:D

srsly tho, that's sweet even with a bit of front focus

A lovely warm afternoon in Beeley. Derbyshire - 2010.

Taken from the side steps to the church. I am fascinated by this doorway and the shifting shadows.

Beeley Church Door

5499639232_5328e9c5b2_z.jpg

Asahi Pentax Spotmatic Agfa APX 100 - Rodinal

Last edited:
River Tombstones. The remains of a once thriving cannery business along this river when there was no road access to this area. The fate many of these structures experienced was to mysteriously burn down when they became unprofitable. While some others were weaken by the erosion of time then demolished by large, drifting deadheads snared in the pilings that would pound at the foundation of the structure during winter storms until it collapsed into the river and then swept away by the changing tide.

SMC 90mm f2.8, PMK Pyro, 100 Acros, NDX400 + Yellow Filters, 60 Seconds

Schneider Super-Agulon 90mm f8, Kodak 320TXP, PMK Pyro, NDX8 filter, 18 Seconds

Schneider Super-Agulon 90mm f8, Kodak TXT 4164, PMK Pyro

Last edited:
River Tombstones. The remains of a once thriving cannery business along this river when there was no road access to this area. The fate many of these structures experienced was to mysteriously burn down when they became unprofitable. While some others were weaken by the erosion of time then demolished by large, drifting deadheads snared in the pilings that would pound at the foundation of the structure during winter storms until it collapsed into the river and then swept away by the changing tide.

SMC 90mm f2.8, PMK Pyro, 100 Acros, NDX400 + Yellow Filters, 60 Seconds

]​

wall hanger....wow!(y)

A few shots from my Spotmatic F with Ektar 100:

bridge_22.jpg

Spotmatic F, 28mm f3.5 SMC Takumar at f16, 1/30th, Kodak Ektar (Exposed at ISO 125 for extra saturation)

bridge_sunset.jpg

Spotmatic F, 28mm f3.5 SMC Takumar at f8 (scale focused for max depth of field), Kodak Ektar

sunset_church.jpg

Spotmatic F, 55mm f1.8 SMC Takumar, Kodak Ektar

This is where I really wished I had been able to use my Vivitar Series 1 70 - 210mm that I had in my bag but I was in a hurry and subsequently missed a great frame filling image of the church bathed in the sunset.

tram_bridge.jpg

Spotmatic F, 55mm f1.8 SMC Takumar, f4, 1/30th, Kodak Ektar

clock_tower_and_wheel.jpg

Spotmatic F, 55mm f1.8 SMC Takumar, f8 (I think!), 1/30th, Kodak Ektar

Some more:

street_corner.jpg

Spotmatic F, 55mm f1.8 SMC Takumar, 1/30th, Kodak Ektar

Pity about the CCTV camera, although I suppose the picture would make a nice square crop with just the clock and dome.

log_and_moss.jpg

Spotmatic F, 55mm f1.8 SMC Takumar, f2.8, 1/125th, Kodak Ektar

log_and_ivy.jpg

Spotmatic F, 55mm f1.8 SMC Takumar, f1.8, 1/125th, Kodak Ektar

weir.jpg

Spotmatic F, 55mm f1.8 SMC Takumar, f8, 1 sec, Kodak Ektar

Weir_zoomed.jpg

Spotmatic F, 70 - 210mm f3.5 Vivitar Series 1 (Kiron), f5.6, 1 sec, Kodak Ektar

Not sure if its quite straight or not, I was trying out my new toy, a tripod that I had gotten given for Christmas.

weir_wide.jpg

Spotmatic F, 28mm f3.5 SMC Takumar at f16, 1/30th, Kodak Ektar

Samuel, I just love some of those shots, you have made me want to try Ektar in fact I am going to buy some this weekend.

Medwaygreen: You have a lovely 'easy/soft' colour to that set. You can feel the warmth in No1; 3rd one is the best IMO.

Thanks Alistair.

Here's a few from the lakes the other week, still waiting on a 120 roll coming back but these are from the R3A.

img035net.jpg

img023net.jpg

img030net.jpg

Loving the second shot there Rob, nice work. Which film are they shot with?

Thanks :) Its actually a roll of Portra 160NC but I just converted to B&W when I scanned because of some annoying colour cast.

West Lynn Ferry

Mamiya RB67 Pro S, Mamiya Sekor C 180mm, Kodak Ektar 100

Back