weekly Carol's 52 for 2012 Week 21 Random added

Thanks Darren, glad you like it.

Mark, yep the lighting wasn't quite right, but I've learned from it and hopefully won't make the same mistake again!

Neil, thanks for you comments, that shot is gone for another year, the sun has to set in just the right place to create the layers look.

Thanks for your feedback Mandy.

Sam thanks for your comments too, If i get time to re-shoot, maybe I'll burn the money...or maybe not;)

Thanks Steve, I think the lack of light on the note is going to niggle me.... auch well roll on Saturday.

Carol

cazagee said:
Hi Richard,

I agree it could have done with just a bit more lighting on the bank note....... setting fire to a fake bank note, is a possibility but knowing me I'd probably set the house on fire! lol

Carol

Please please don't set your house on fire !!

Hi Carol

great 1st try with light painting....all crits been mentioned but like the idea & think you did well (y)

Handmade....nice capture...feels very serene...great shot & like everything about it...good work girlie :clap:

I like your money shot as others have said the note would look better with a little more light but it's a really good effort for your first time light painting so it's been a very productive week for you (y)

Industry – I’m liking #1 - there’s some lovely lighting on the scene

Root – You’ve handled the exposure well on #1 but I’d have like to have seen the front crisp in focus

Handmade – Nice lighting on this one

Money – Spot on theme for this.

Will agree with everyone on the lighting, I have never tried light painting so will give you a clap, :clap:

Hi Carol

Money - good idea. This light painting lark seems to be grabbing imaginations in this challenge. I like the composition and the clarity but I think that the money hand should be more dominant with the ligfhter hand as secondary - or maybe evenly lit. To me the money hand is too dark.

Hi Carol, great idea for the theme, and considering it's your first attempt at light painting, and an impatient model ;) you've done good again!!! :)

Hi Carol, nice to see someone else trying light painting. I guess everyone has said everything already about the money being a little dark and soft, I imagine if your hubby was holding it then he possibly moved a fraction?

Mind you, at least his nails were done(y)

A good first attempt at a new style of lighting though:)

Hi Phil, Lynne, Nick, Peter, Micheal, Trevour, Alan, Simon, Marsha & Barbara.
Your supportive comments are very much appreciated. I was really tempted to try again with this shot but time ran out....and we've been away on holiday for a few days had to move on to this week's theme....will post something this evening if I get the chance. Now I'm back on the internet I'm going to check out what you've all done for this week's theme.

Carol

This week's theme sounded easy enough but in reality I found it quite difficult. So I've decided to be a bit different with this one and think about the other side to winning. This image is meant to portray the sacrifices that are made to win. The War Memorial is in my home town of Blairgowrie and features a bronze figure of an infantryman by Scottish Sculptor Alexander Carrick.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/cazagee/6819392886/][/URL]

Carol

'Win' - I like the image and your choice of timing of the lighting is perfect. It was a difficult subject this week but i think your image is a very good interpretation of this weeks theme (y)

History records that we won the war. But the 1914-1918 war claimed the lives of almost a one million men that is some sacrifice. 58000 British troops alone on the 1st day of The Battle of the Somme. Makes you think though....

Thanks Nick,

It was the lighting which caught my eye and brought out some of the detail on the figure. Memorials like this make me think too, sometimes winning comes with a very high price tag.

Thank you Marsha,

It is a sombre subject and I did think twice before going with this one....I think the sculpture has well captured the sadness and loss of war in eyes of the figure.

Carol

Thanks Darren, yet again this challenge is pushing me to try shots i'd never have thought about before.

Carol

I know what you mean about photographing shiny things had a couple of nightmares since starting this 52, but the light is perfect on the shoes i like it.

Hi Carol,

I like your 1/3 composition and wouldn't change it. The black infinity background really contrasts well with the red reflective tones in your very
nice shoes (designer?) Definitely shiny and very red - the absence of any corn plasters is also a bonus too :LOL:

Great image and works well - nice work ! (y)

Ah shoes! Very nicely captured; perfect lighting I'd say.

There’s no saying they are not shiny, nothing works better than red on black the focus is spot on and the lighting too.
As said the 1/3 composition works well but I would have rotated very slightly to the left so that they are pointing to the space side as the left shoe appears to point to the tight side.

Win - makes you think doesn't it, well taken

Shiny - definately shiny, its well lit and composed

Morning Carol, a little catch up with you missus!!!!

Win - lovely interpretation of the them and certainly makes you reflect on the sacrifices these people make.

Shiny - love the colours in this. Bang on theme for me too (y)

Phew! I've been struggling to keep up this week...but better late than never eh?

First of all thanks very much Marsha, Allan, Darren, Nick, Mark, Michael, Malcolm, Trevor, Peter, Mary, Phil, Liz, Neil, Alan, Simon and Alex for your comments, they are much appreciated. I'm so glad that pictures don't show the blood, sweat and tears that go into getting them! lol I lost count of how many I had to bin to get it right but it was worth it in the end.

Nick, I have to confess they aren't designer and they aren't that comfy but i still love them!(y)

Alan, yep I did notice:D

All the best

Carol :)

Back