weekly Carol's 52 for 2012 Week 21 Random added

My favorite of your 'Industrial' shots is #1, but i do like your newest addition ↑
Think the PP on it works really nicely to.

Prefer the 1st shot inc the crane, very well done and love the coloured layers.

I like the shot of the builder. I'm a sucker for candid shots like that!

Hi, industry #2 for me. If he's raised any eye to you, it would have taken it up a hole level. I suspect B&W would work for this one.

Cheers.

Looks like you've had a good start to the challenge. Really liking your ideas and execution. Not commented before so I shall just start from your last post as my critique will probably echo everybody else's. Really liking everything about your first industry shot. The lighting, composition. Really well done :clap:

Hi Carol. The first industry shot is the one I'd pick. The silhoetted cranes next to the church seem to suggest a bit of a paradox. Old traditional vs the new industrial age. Or am I reading too much into it? :)

Thanks Gareth, Amanda, Gramps, Robert, Marsha, Roly Michael & Phil. It seems shot no 1 is the clear winner for this week!

Mark & Andy, I'm encouraged that you both saw some potential in the builder shot...it's so not easy taking this style of shot.

Stephen, have to admit that you're reading more than I intended with the shot, but it is true none the less. It was just my observation of the now much the construction industry is part of life these days. Cranes and scaffolding seem to be a permanent part of the city skyline.

Thanks Darren.

Carol

Hi all,

Here's my take on week 7....beet root!
I tried a few different things but this was my favourite.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/cazagee/6866104175/][/URL]

This one came second but I don't think the shallow dof highlighting the roots works that well here, maybe would have been better if more was in focus?

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/cazagee/6872079279/][/URL]

As usual your critique is appreciated, if you've got the time that is! There are so many posts to get through that I've been falling behind on the 52 threads, hope to put that right this week. It's brilliant that so many are participating and taking the time to comment, means the 52 forum is buzzing with great ideas and excellent images.

Carol

Thanks Michael,

I have to agree, but it was the best of the bunch so I had to go with it ;)

Carol

Hi Carol. I like the DOF on the crisps as you can see the description on the pack what they are.

I like the idea for the cress shot but I think you need to be lower and closer to the roots. Yes the roots can be seen but they're not shouting to be centre on attention, if that makes sense?

I'm way behind on commenting. I think my phone says permanently 20+ threads have been updated:bonk: Maybe I'll have visited everyone by December!

I prefer the crisp shot but the DoF is too shallow as the front crisp needs to be in focus for me.

Are beetroot crisps anygood? They sound.. an aquired taste :puke:

Hi Carol. I like the DOF on the crisps as you can see the description on the pack what they are.
Thank you

I like the idea for the cress shot but I think you need to be lower and closer to the roots. Yes the roots can be seen but they're not shouting to be centre on attention, if that makes sense?

Yep, I think I need a macro lens for this kind of shot!

I'm way behind on commenting. I think my phone says permanently 20+ threads have been updated:bonk: Maybe I'll have visited everyone by December!
Me too, I'm struggling to get round everyone's threads...but I'll get there

Hi Carol

Root - I really like the idea of the crisps as the theme. Spot on for me. Like others i would prefer to see the front crisps in focus. I have found these still lifes v. difficult to compose because i don't see the oof bits on the camera screen and it is only when I have upoaded to pc that I can become more critical and then it is usually back to the scene for another few takes!:shake:

I like the cress shot also. Again more dof would have made it equally good for the theme in my view. I really admire the lighting and the colours.(y)

I do like you shot for this week’s theme and will agree with others about the focus well done

Nice 52 thread this, Great photographs all bang on theme.

Now theres something ive not seen before......beetroot crisps lol,

Matt

Now I like beetroot and I like crisps but I've never seen beetroot crisps. I like the tone in your distant industry shot btw. ;)

Thanks Alan, Trevor, Matt, Andy, Alby.
Alby, beetroot isn't to everyone's taste, the crisps are ok.
Yes Alan, I think still life is much more difficult than it looks! lol ..and that out of focus crisp has been niggling me. ...so I tried again with another idea to day, the focus is right but i didn't notice some stry bits of dirt from the potato had fallen on to my chopping board till I checked on the computer!.....I'll get it right on day! lol

Anyway, here's my final attempt on this weeks theme titled....drum roll....
Going back to my Root.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/cazagee/6886875913/][/URL]

Oooh we're having chips for tea!

Carol

Like the beet-ROOT shot, a very different take on the theme, and fits in nicely.
Personally i like the shallow DOF, but thats just me. As for the crisps them self :puke:
:LOL:

Thanks Alan, Trevor, Matt, Andy, Alby.
Alby, beetroot isn't to everyone's taste, the crisps are ok.
Yes Alan, I think still life is much more difficult than it looks! lol ..and that out of focus crisp has been niggling me. ...so I tried again with another idea to day, the focus is right but i didn't notice some stry bits of dirt from the potato had fallen on to my chopping board till I checked on the computer!.....I'll get it right on day! lol

Anyway, here's my final attempt on this weeks theme titled....drum roll....
Going back to my Root.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/cazagee/6886875913/][/URL]

Oooh we're having chips for tea!

Carol

Now I really like that Carol (y)

Hi Carol, once again you deliver with your shots :). Love the beetroot idea and for me the lack of dof doesn't really spoil the shot. The cress again a cracking shot, but my fave is the potato to chip shot, very clever take on the theme, and a great shot to boot (y)

Back