weekly Snorton's 52 2012 - WEEK 14-17 ADDED OPERATION CATCH UP

Good take on the this weeks theme Simon and well done for keeping in the game. Perhaps a little more burning in on the £10 notes or the front or a small vignette to enhance it - just a thought (y)

superpippo said:
Hi Simon

Money - Not on spreadsheet yet so i nearly missed it.

Good idea, particularly the betting slips as these introduce some different colours. Perhaps more of the front areas could be a little more in focus:thinking:

Oops forgot to update spreadsheet, will do tomorrow :)

Nice interpretation, with great composition, DoF, focus and lighting. Spot on!

Nice and clear. Fits the theme and good use of DoF. From a composition point of view in my opinion there's too many five pence pieces so the amount of money doesn't look like a really small amount or a really big amount. The coins and notes could be used to show a loss or a win to add some story to the shot.

Industry - The composition works well on this one

Root - Spot on theme

Handmade - #1 tells the story of the theme although I prefer the colour version

Money - Nice lighting on this shot.

Ooooooo I'm flying now, week 10 and Win.

So again was struggling for inspiration for this week's theme and if I'm being honest I'm not sure about this shot, but I'm going to put it out there.

These are 2 darts trophies that mother won years ago, and she is the first to confess that it was more luck than darts prowess that led her to winning these.

6952835907_cae3ea9022_b.jpg

Works well with both trophies IMO but either needs a bit of levelling or they've had a hard life :D

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I also won a darts trophy that was more luck than talent. Thanks mandy

Mum gave up the arrows after winning those. Hehehe ending her career on a high :D

Nice shot that, I would be tempted to concentrate on 1 trophy though. Liking the reflections on the front one.

I did try that but to be honest it just didn't look right.

Works well with both trophies IMO but either needs a bit of levelling or they've had a hard life :D

Hehehe they have had a hard life, been bashed about a bit in boxes :LOL:

Donnie said:
I like that shot, works nice with the depth of field, I wonder though if the light could have been a little more diffused as it's a little blown out in parts?

Yeah I know what you mean matey. To be honest I did struggle getting the light right on these.

Im not surprised as it's always difficult with anything reflective.

Just looking again and 2 things stand out.

1. I'm assuming that it was natural window light and I'm wondering if a white bedsheet might have been enough to diffuse it a little more?

2. Just noticed the Denton and Audenshaw on the near trophy, the Mrs is from Denton! LOL.

Donnie said:
Im not surprised as it's always difficult with anything reflective.

Just looking again and 2 things stand out.

1. I'm assuming that it was natural window light and I'm wondering if a white bedsheet might have been enough to diffuse it a little more?

2. Just noticed the Denton and Audenshaw on the near trophy, the Mrs is from Denton! LOL.

Yeah it was natural light, was taken outside under an awning. Hehehe a small world eh :)

Hi Simon catch up time for me again

Handmade i'm going with the colour one as well, it really pops,

Money - bang on theme and well taken

Win - nicely on theme and i like it with the 2

I think it works well with 2 trophies and I like the lighting on the front one all except the reflection at the top,
Back one is just a tad blown which pulls your eye to it.

The inspiration for my entry so what can I say? Great shot as it is.

:1st:

Hi Simon catch up time for me again

Handmade i'm going with the colour one as well, it really pops,

Money - bang on theme and well taken

Win - nicely on theme and i like it with the 2

Cheers hun, lol I seem to always be playing catch up too.

like your Win, works well with both. Still struggling on what to do!!!

Keep thinking inspiration will come to you when you least expect it, lol or trawl through my mothers loft of rubbish hehehe.

I think it works well with 2 trophies and I like the lighting on the front one all except the reflection at the top,
Back one is just a tad blown which pulls your eye to it.

Yeah the reflection is a pain. It was shot outside underneath a lean to mother has at the back of her bungalow, and did struggle with the blown out bits on the other one.

The inspiration for my entry so what can I say? Great shot as it is.

:1st:

Well Ben what can I say...other than :ty:

Hi Simon

Liking your shot for WIN.... good use of DOF , always difficult with reflective surfaces so thing you've done well not having too many highlights....good work mister (y)

Thanks hun...now gimme your D7000 ;);):D

Very nice shot for win! Yes the reflections are a little blown, but I don't think that really detracts from the shot an awful lot.

Hey Simon, she still won! Well done to your Mum.
Think you've done pretty well with this shot. (y)

Carol

Week 11 now and SHINY. Again work against me this week, and this has led me to this very late submission, and being honest has been very rushed and feel it's a rather weak submission to the theme, but hey I suppose we all have weeks like this, and I am keen to submit at least something.

Anyway here it is.....the bottom shelf of my fridge and a never ending supply of new SHINY diet coke cans!!!

6842551418_7667335dc0_b.jpg

'Shiny' - nice work Simon. I like the droplets of water on the cans and good focal length too to compress the subject. Only comment I have is I may have been inclined to focus on the first can ? - jury is still out on that one. At least your still in the game and well beaten your efforts last year (y)

'Shiny' - nice work Simon. I like the droplets of water on the cans and good focal length too to compress the subject. Only comment I have is I may have been inclined to focus on the first can ? - jury is still out on that one. At least your still in the game and well beaten your efforts last year (y)

Shiny
Nice shot Simon, on theme but i would have liked to see a better DoF.

Completely agree with your both regarding the dof on this, not my best me thinks :thinking:

Back