Show us yer film shots then!

I think it maybe needs a tweak in contrast, but I'm fairly happy with it

All it needs is the circular "fluff" on the back of the neck and the speck in the hair spotting out - Unusually for me, I'm not going to bang on about "it's called Black and White, not light grey and dark grey", because in this case I actually like the soft, lower contrast look - it fits the subject matter well IMO

I've only just caught up with the last half dozen pages of this thread.

On the post for comments topic recently discussed, I just wanna say I see this thread it a little differently to others.

If I post anything, I post for fun not in expectation, if somebody wants to say something that's cool, if they don't I don't mind.
I think the post for crit is the place to post if you want comment.
Quite often, the limit of someone critique technique is actually just a comment, I'm sure anyone posting a pic in that section would welcome either.

I wanna repost my picture on page one of this thread because its no longer hosted, in fact it only lasted an hour when it was...lol
Not because I want comments, because hardly anyone will see it that far back, but because I posted it, its part of my story, now...incomplete..:D

Does nobody else start at page 1 every once in a while and, even though they aren't going to comment, just go through their own and everyone elses story to present day..:wacky:

All it needs is the circular "fluff" on the back of the neck and the speck in the hair spotting out - Unusually for me, I'm not going to bang on about "it's called Black and White, not light grey and dark grey", because in this case I actually like the soft, lower contrast look - it fits the subject matter well IMO

You're not going to bang on about it? You feeling ok big fella? :LOL:

I'll have a little play in PS, but I'm quite impressed given its straight from the scanner with no tweaks using a film I'm not familiar with. Definitely starting to like the pan100

Hows that? Quick spin with the healing brush (First time I've ever used that) and a slight manipulation of the curves

...I wanna repost my picture on page one of this thread because its no longer hosted, in fact it only lasted an hour when it was...lol

if you PM me a link to a new hosting of the shot i'll ninja-edit back in for you... ;)

if you PM me a link to a new hosting of the shot i'll ninja-edit back in for you... ;)

Will do Mark..:)

Its on my other puter, I have to go to work :( shortly for a few hours tonight, I'll root it out when I get back.

Its a bit NSFW, but not really, just the rolling hills of Cornwall, if you think it isn't suitable, don't put it back, its not the end of the World...:)

Been a busy few weeks, but managed to shoot a few rolls. Tried out this cheap Tudorcolor XLX 200 film, really impressed with it.

Thanks Lee, not sure we were supposed to be inside it but we got away with it.

And I only have three kids - the reflections make it look like I have about five!

regards

Mark

Nice shot.....they probably thought you were part of the installation :):)

@Mark..... the first one is superb. The use of cubes, lines and reflections is superb. If you weren't supposed to be in there then that adds even more "zest" to the shot as it's unlikely anyone else will have a smilar pic.

@ Lee.......First shot for me.....street/candid shots when the subjects are apparently oblivious to the camera rock my boat!

Thanks Asha. It’s called “Two cubes, one rotated through 45 degrees” (they spent a lot of time thinking that one up!) and it looked good from all angles. I preferred the front as I could frame the square. There were more reflections but I tweaked a bit with a polariser to reduce them, without the polariser the ceiling was very reflective.

Mark

Mark, loving the Cubist shot. Really holds my attention.

Trevor, I really like the ruined... hut, whatever! Also the old guy on the mini traction engine is pretty nice, too!

Trevor, I really like the ruined... hut, whatever! Also the old guy on the mini traction engine is pretty nice, too!

Thanks Chris. The Hut is an old Hay store. It's in the grounds of Littlefield Manor estate, Guildford.

Trevor, some nice images there, a little too underexposed for my liking but i do really like the image of the horses. Has a nice feel to it.

A couple of photos taken at the Uncut demonstration in Manchester over the weekend. All taken on Nikon FE2 with T Max 400 film.
10140750106_d2071ed5aa_b.jpg

10140568594_56a3734489_b.jpg

10140752246_a77fde69bc_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the 50mm for the RB67 last week so had a quick blast at the weekend up Corstorphine Hill. After finishing the roll I realised I done the entire shoot in portrait, not often I really make the most of the RB's eponymous feature.

A Lovely memorial to some one who clearly spent a lot of time up there.

in memoriam by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

The tower on Corstorphine Hill, the less obvious memorial to Sir Walter Scott in Edinburgh though still slightly more grand than the one above.

Corstorphine Hill Tower by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

All shot on the RB67 (50mm) on Fp4+ souped in Rodinal 1+50 for 18 minutes.

Got the 50mm for the RB67 last week so had a quick blast at the weekend up Corstorphine Hill. After finishing the roll I realised I done the entire shoot in portrait, not often I really make the most of the RB's eponymous feature.

A Lovely memorial to some one who clearly spent a lot of time up there.

in memoriam by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

The tower on Corstorphine Hill, the less obvious memorial to Sir Walter Scott in Edinburgh though still slightly more grand than the one above.

Corstorphine Hill Tower by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

All shot on the RB67 (50mm) on Fp4+ souped in Rodinal 1+50 for 18 minutes.

These are good, but I especially like the first one.

Well blow me down I finally took some photographs! I kind of lost my way a bit but I bought a ten pack of the new APX 400 and ran one through the F75. Developed in D76. I think the D76 might be on the turn! Oh well! Here are a few from the roll:

lock
by rednorters, on Flickr

statue
by rednorters, on Flickr

things
by rednorters, on Flickr

Thanks for looking as always!

@ Steveo.....the tower is quite a size aint it? :D.....placing the bench in the shot gives it a good perspective of size.

Like, Lee, I actually prefer the first one although not sure why .....the detail and ability to read the plaque on the bench ( or at least most of it with my tired eyes:D) shows you've picked up a decent piece of glass in the 50mm.......a focal length that I would like for my RZ but yet to come across one cheap (ish).

@ Lee.....Really drawn to the shot of the lock gates.....It's the way the eye is lead into the picture....excellent!

Cheers Asha, from what I've read the 50mm isn't as well regarded as the 65mm (which I've also got) but it seems to work well enough. When I don't fluff the focus off course...

The 50 was going for over 120 for ages but one came up on a Sunday afternoon and didn't get as much interest, which was nice for me.

The 50 was going for over 120 for ages but one came up on a Sunday afternoon and didn't get as much interest, which was nice for me.

Presumably it's clean and tidy and as such you got yourself a good buy...how come i never find decent deals like that?.....ah I know, cos you beat me to em! :D

Yeah its in good nick. The description was a little vauge which might have put some folk off.

Yeah its in good nick. The description was a little vauge which might have put some folk off.

......"but now that I know all is good with it, I'm going to wrap it up and parcel it off to Asha as an early Christmas pressie" :D :D :D

A few shots from the weekend before last (first film in a long time), they took over a week to get processed which I'm very disappointed with, one film seems to be slightly poorly scanned as well...

10194857193_18bea22539_o.jpg

The others don't appear to have the same issue though. I haven't actually got the films back yet so don't know if the banding is a problem on the film as well or just the scan.

Aside from the dust i'm reasonably happy with this one (both Illford HP5+)

10194675574_87d3bf2e28_o.jpg

Now a Tmax 100 which isn't as contrasty as I was hoping. The way the film was processed important in that?
10194675264_cb15579aa3_o.jpg

Now some Velvia 100, a little more instragramesq than I'd like... Again I'm not sure if it's a scanning thing or the slides look like this as well. Any recommendations on how to get a more vivid natural colours? Is a white balance filter a possible solution? I'm sure the location/light isn't the best which is probably part of the problem...

10194774755_a9fe9c1237_o.jpg

10194673374_dca109952e_o.jpg

10194854543_59e24fa884_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back