weekly Delta Skies 2012 52 Week Challenge - Week 52 "Busy" added

Hi Peter, that's a really nice image :) I honestly can't fault it.

It'd be nice as part of a series of similar shots using different colours.

Art - bang on theme with colours really standing out.
Colour - Again meets the theme and like the effect of the trailling piece.
Reshoot - Plenty of contrast here. Well shot.
Shadow - Unusual interpretation with good composition and detail

Hi Peter, that's a really nice image :) I honestly can't fault it.

It'd be nice as part of a series of similar shots using different colours.

Art - bang on theme with colours really standing out.
Colour - Again meets the theme and like the effect of the trailling piece.
Reshoot - Plenty of contrast here. Well shot.
Shadow - Unusual interpretation with good composition and detail
Thanks Mark and John

We've just been away in the caravan and Sarah decided we should have a tree in the window. Given this week's theme of Glow I couldn't resist taken a few long exposures to get some different shapes from the lights.

Glow by Delta Skies, on Flickr

very nice - and the triangles look like lil xmas trees :clap:

That's really creative Peter! I love the colours, and the "controlled yet casual" shapes.

I assume you moved the camera to create the shapes? If so you've done extremely well.

A really clever take on the theme you used the camera movement really well I like the middle pic of the tryp they all work well together too :clap:

That's really creative Peter! I love the colours, and the "controlled yet casual" shapes.

I assume you moved the camera to create the shapes? If so you've done extremely well.

A really clever take on the theme you used the camera movement really well I like the middle pic of the tryp they all work well together too :clap:

Like it Peter. All the 3 shots work well as a triptych. Very good technique there.
Thanks for the comments Mark, Allan and Michael. Yes I moved the camera with exposures of 2.5 seconds each

Hi, Peter, Shadow, like it. It has a real aged feel to it. Like a photograph from the 1860s. I don't say this often, but it would look good on a kitchen or bathroom wall.

Glow, psychedelic!!! Tryptic works well and the vivid colours are great and is the BG.

Cheers.

Hi, Peter, Shadow, like it. It has a real aged feel to it. Like a photograph from the 1860s. I don't say this often, but it would look good on a kitchen or bathroom wall.

Glow, psychedelic!!! Tryptic works well and the vivid colours are great and is the BG.

Cheers.
Thanks for the feedback Andy

Comment catch up time for me Peter.

Shadow, a very creative take on the theme IMHO, the subtle colour tones, composition and lighting bring this together into what i think is a cracking image. I think this is definitely a wall hanger.

Glow, again some creative thinking. It works well as a tryptych, and it has a very seasonal feel to it, good work (y)

Hi Peter

Shadow...wonderful color & interesting objects...what are they ?Like the differing tones of the same color & the texture to the whole thing (y)

Glow...very 60's , well thought of in a tryptich :)

Hi Peter

Glow - clever stuff. Works very well as a tryptych. Good colours and b/g. (y)
Thanks Alan

Comment catch up time for me Peter.

Shadow, a very creative take on the theme IMHO, the subtle colour tones, composition and lighting bring this together into what i think is a cracking image. I think this is definitely a wall hanger.

Glow, again some creative thinking. It works well as a tryptych, and it has a very seasonal feel to it, good work (y)
Thanks for the kind words Iain

Hi Peter

Shadow...wonderful color & interesting objects...what are they ?Like the differing tones of the same color & the texture to the whole thing (y)

Glow...very 60's , well thought of in a tryptich :)
Thanks Lynne. The objects used in the shadow shot were ones used for card making.

We went to Matt's (MWHCVT) TP meet today to play around with wire wool and lots of light toys. Before I went I was hoping I could use one of the shots for this week's Round theme so here's my choice of the night

Round by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Really like the colour is glow, very nice trio of pictures and very fitting for this time of year.

Round is great, unusual shot and definitely different. Looks a bit alien worldy.

You guys have been spending WAY too much time together!

Round is fantastic. I love the depth you get from the domes going back into the cave (?), and the colour on the walls.

I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere, but how are these made?

Oh, and BTW it's a cracker. Great detail in the domes and the red flash really gives it a moody feel. Some of the domes are better than others (#4 up for example) but nothing you could do about that.

Cheers.

:razz: :razz: :razz:

Too fast for me. Just processing a very similar photograph....:D
Sorry Andy - I was trying to beat Sarah rather than anyone else :LOL:

excellent really like it a change from the usual light shots :clap:
Cheers Allan

Really like the colour is glow, very nice trio of pictures and very fitting for this time of year.

Round is great, unusual shot and definitely different. Looks a bit alien worldy.
Thanks for the comments Alex

You guys have been spending WAY too much time together!

Round is fantastic. I love the depth you get from the domes going back into the cave (?), and the colour on the walls.

I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere, but how are these made?
Thanks Mark. It was Matt (MWHCVT) and Darrell (thedodo) who set the meet up and brought a load of light toys with them. For this shot the domes are made from led lights around a bmx wheel and the red lighting from speedlights covered in coloured gels. Not sure where the tutorial is. I'll have a look for you.

Oh, and BTW it's a cracker. Great detail in the domes and the red flash really gives it a moody feel. Some of the domes are better than others (#4 up for example) but nothing you could do about that.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. It was a good evening. I certainly enjoyed it although I'd have liked to have been able to stay longer.

Hi Peter, I don't know why you had to rush to put this one up as it beats mine by a mile! The domes are really sharp and the red lighting is spot on as well! Are you wanting Santa to bring a BMX wheel and some LED lights?:):)

Hi Peter, I don't know why you had to rush to put this one up as it beats mine by a mile! The domes are really sharp and the red lighting is spot on as well! Are you wanting Santa to bring a BMX wheel and some LED lights?:):)
Thanks Sarah. I'm sure we could "borrow" a wheel from one of the boys' many bikes they've had over the years that are still sat in the garage.

Great shot! Very envious.......
I would have avoided the overlapping (if possible) of the domes but that's just being really picky.

Round - shots spot on theme Peter.

No idea how it is done so cannot really comment except that the colours and detail in the shots is very impressive. Agree with Alex that a bit alien - worldy
Cheers Alan. Andrew (AndWhyNot) came up with the idea I believe although this video tells all

[YOUTUBE]6ZEZG7koMNY[/YOUTUBE]

Hi Peter, sorry I'm a bit behind, again!

Colour, that kite is amazing and definitely colourful (y)

Contrast reshoot, fits the theme perfectly, the lighting is amazing :clap: I'm a bit like Lynne though, not sure on the gaze/ direction I don't know, it just seems a little vacant!

Shadow, lovely detail in the three flowers. I like the texture throughout and the composition.
I've tried that diet you've been on, I have found it to be rather distasteful and the weight doesn't seem to stay off:razz: I do hope you are feeling better now.

Glow, ooooo such pretty colours. Great work on these, they look amazing, love the black background.

Round, ooooo how did you do them? It's very surreal and alien like!

Phew, done!

noooo not round, only half round :LOL: oh go on then I'll let you off :). Great images, I love these wheel shots, I have one which was going to be my joker if I didn't recover enough to do a shot for the week - stunning caves, where are they at?

Hi Peter, sorry I'm a bit behind, again!

Colour, that kite is amazing and definitely colourful (y)

Contrast reshoot, fits the theme perfectly, the lighting is amazing :clap: I'm a bit like Lynne though, not sure on the gaze/ direction I don't know, it just seems a little vacant!

Shadow, lovely detail in the three flowers. I like the texture throughout and the composition.
I've tried that diet you've been on, I have found it to be rather distasteful and the weight doesn't seem to stay off:razz: I do hope you are feeling better now.

Glow, ooooo such pretty colours. Great work on these, they look amazing, love the black background.

Round, ooooo how did you do them? It's very surreal and alien like!

Phew, done!
Thanks for the catch up comments Marsha

noooo not round, only half round :LOL: oh go on then I'll let you off :). Great images, I love these wheel shots, I have one which was going to be my joker if I didn't recover enough to do a shot for the week - stunning caves, where are they at?
Thanks Summer. The location is a limekiln at Stainforth, near Settle in the Yorkshire Dales.

Hi Peter

LOVE IT :clap::clap: think it's the " only 2 colors " that does it for me... fab red glow nicely even all the way through , really sharp domes ...I could see that one framed (y)
Thanks Lynne

Super pic Peter, you have done very well with this one. Looking forward to trying this myself at some point.
Thanks Michael. Definitely worth trying. Keep an eye out for a future meet that Matt might be putting on I think in the New Year sometime.

Hi Peter, those domes for round are fantastic (y)
Bang on theme, I love evrything about this one, the depth, the colours, the location all perfect.

Negative, a creative, clever take on the theme yet very simple but equally as effective. I am running out of adjectives so just a big (y) from me.

Hi Peter, those domes for round are fantastic (y)
Bang on theme, I love evrything about this one, the depth, the colours, the location all perfect.

Negative, a creative, clever take on the theme yet very simple but equally as effective. I am running out of adjectives so just a big (y) from me.
Many thanks Iain

Hi Peter, like it, lighting is spot on, perhaps just a slight bit of a crop as perhaps just a bit too much dead space for me.
Thanks Michael. I purposely took a wider shot, including all of the battery, so I could try quite a few different crops or angles and eventually settled on this one. There's certainly a lot of black in there but then I was shooting with a snooted flash in a otherwise completely dark room.

That's brilliant Peter! The shape of the battery works perfectly with the negative space. Love it!

Last edited:
Yeah, liking Negative. The colour from the battery really works for me.

I wonder what a 90 degree counter clockwise rotation would look like. Think it might work...a but like Kilroy :D

Cheers.

Back