weekly Puckers 2013 52 thread: Week 30: step(s) & Week 31: Mono added

For a 'will do' image for letter Lisa, its very effective IMHO.
You've nailed the old feel that you were after. I like the colour tones in there too. Good choice on the dof, it draws the viewers eye into the scene.

Electric, again bang on theme a fun feel to it with your little 'un pressing their nose against the orb. I like the vibrant colour to this, the composition works well too, all round good work (y)

Iain

Hi Lisa

Letter....lovely image , real olde world feel to it , nice angle as well (y)

Electric...cracking colors , good focus on the face (y)

I like your Letter, well done with the PP.

Looks like these lightening balls are all the rage this week! - I like your take on it though great pose, I bet that was tricky to get the light right. (y)

Letter is great, the use of out of focus areas really works. I thought the in focus letter were going to say something to me, but if so I didn't understand it!

The electric shot is really nice, positively glowing and the ball is good too!

Hi Lisa

Direction - on theme and quite like the dark treatment. Vignette a bit heavy perhaps and not sure whether the marks are bits of dirt etc or age marks on the subject. If the latter, the darkness and focus probably don't make enough of the texture and patina.

Tacky - good subject and on theme cos those type of things are very tacky. (y) Quite a lot of reflection on it and perhaps a bit tight on the crop - would like to see the shadow to the right included.

Direction, a bit too dark - perhaps its my old eyes - for me. Struggled to make it out (sorry)

As for the car shot, Yup - that's "tacky" sure enough, "bostin'" LOL (y)

Yeah i wanted it dark but on my screen it all stands out well? No need to be sorry, im sorry for having to post it :LOL: Thanks for the comment.

Definately achieved the old look for the letter - almost enough in focus to give the details witihn the letter - nosey me wants to be able to read a bit more of it... :LOL:

Great job with the lightning ball, that sort of thing really intrigues kids, love the nose touching the edge...

Direction - on theme but not enough to give me a clue as to what it is... :thinking:

Tacky - loving the chavvy, tacky saxo.... bodykit - different colour bonnet... ace spot. And the processing adds - partiulary as its been done on purpose...

Hi, Direction, I like th idea and nice low angle. A tad dark..maybe due to vignette.

Tacky, indeed and well spotted. Couloers looks good.

Cheers.

Juxtaposition....not my favourite subject for understanding peoples thinking so..........what ever the reason behind it I like it :D

Letter.....Nice idea but I think the processing to add age is just a little too much.

Electric.......Great colours and just enough light on the child's face.

Direction......Just a little too dark for me but as a quick grab shot it fits nicely.

Tacky....Perfect in every way, you can't polish a turd but you can make it tacky.

Really nice idea for value its true for children teeth do have great value not sure on the composition but they are lit really well :clap: the quote seems to have gone a bit strange though:thinking:

Greed how many straws does one person need nicely on theme (y)

Really nice idea for value its true for children teeth do have great value not sure on the composition but they are lit really well :clap: the quote seems to have gone a bit strange though:thinking:

Greed how many straws does one person need nicely on theme (y)

The quote keeps doing that and i dont know why? :thinking:

Thanks for the comments :)

Hi Lisa

you just happened to have 3 teeth lying around the house for just such an occasion as this......:LOL: Nicely lit & well placed ..still makes me go queasy when I look at it though :eek:

Greed...how many straws ??? on theme , good colors & a good angle :)

left wondering a bit about the composition of the teeth for value.. at least you've made a potentially pretty grim subject appear interesting with great detail.

great fun with the straws - just very slightly being drawn to the nostril though - through excellent use of the cup and straws themselves as a leadin line through the picture. Did you try with either all or none of the nostril in?

Colours of the straws working well in keeping with the natural skin tones. (y)

The teeth shot is grim, but works really well. The light coming through the teeth (or the appearance of light coming through) is great.

Value.... what's the going rate for 3 teeth now :LOL: do you need to pop to a cash point. Just a little more dof so you can see more details in them.

Greed.... as a child once a long long time a go nothing shows greed in a nice way than a child and some goodies to eat or drink, maybe a few dribbles down the chin could add to it.

(y)

Lisa, you sayin' boy racers are tacky? (creeps off into distance...) Lovely shot, d'you know!

I found the Value shot rather disturbing, but excellently (?) executed (I think this is a sentence could do with a re-write, but I hope you know what it means!).

Greed... that shot is brilliant! It's the feeling that there's so much going in she's almost going to vomit. Great stuff.

Hi Lisa

you just happened to have 3 teeth lying around the house for just such an occasion as this......:LOL: Nicely lit & well placed ..still makes me go queasy when I look at it though :eek:

Greed...how many straws ??? on theme , good colors & a good angle :)

Yep, for some reason i kept these 3, came in handy though :LOL: I think there was about 10 :puke:

left wondering a bit about the composition of the teeth for value.. at least you've made a potentially pretty grim subject appear interesting with great detail.

great fun with the straws - just very slightly being drawn to the nostril though - through excellent use of the cup and straws themselves as a leadin line through the picture. Did you try with either all or none of the nostril in?

Colours of the straws working well in keeping with the natural skin tones. (y)

Yep the orginal had more of the face but i didnt like it so cropped it to this, for me it worked alot better.

Greed - Nice idea! Well executed too, nice lighting and well composed. Nice job!

Thank you

The teeth shot is grim, but works really well. The light coming through the teeth (or the appearance of light coming through) is great.

Thank you

Value.... what's the going rate for 3 teeth now :LOL: do you need to pop to a cash point. Just a little more dof so you can see more details in them.

Greed.... as a child once a long long time a go nothing shows greed in a nice way than a child and some goodies to eat or drink, maybe a few dribbles down the chin could add to it.

(y)

My eldest gets £1 a tooth :nuts: I did have one with a dribble but it didnt stand out and i found it distracting.

Lisa, you sayin' boy racers are tacky? (creeps off into distance...) Lovely shot, d'you know!

I found the Value shot rather disturbing, but excellently (?) executed (I think this is a sentence could do with a re-write, but I hope you know what it means!).

Greed... that shot is brilliant! It's the feeling that there's so much going in she's almost going to vomit. Great stuff.

If done right then they arent tacky but this one just is, he keeps doing stuff to it to make it look worse :LOL:

Hi Lisa

Value - would not really associate with theme but a very good shot. Lighting is very effective and gives a lovely transluscent glow.

Greed - spot on . Good colours, and nice light. Almost see a drip forming on the lower lip.

Greed works well for me. Slightly disconcerting, though. :)

Thank you.

Thanks for the comments :)

oh, go on then.... bit tenuous, but that hasn't stopped some others. ;)

looks a bit of a tight crop for me, but certainly captures the squash ans squeeze of the scrum - like the leg of the player right of shot included - they do say that to get low down is the thing to do when shooting sports matches though. (y)

Quick catch up, I'm afraid :D

Greed. Nice numerous take with plenty or colour. Cup looks a tad hot.

Angle, well spotted. Nice DOF and colour.

Cheers.

Nice crisp shot, as already said the leg on the right needs to be chopped off :D

Week 17: Rustic

The less said the better off we will be with this one! Rustic ( but very yummy) home made bread.

Untitled by puckers52, on Flickr

Last edited:
Week 18: Kind

I had trouble with this one but then thought of the kind action of giving and receiving gifts. This vase with tag was part of a flower arrangement that my mum got me for my birthday and the gerbera is one of my home grown flowers.

Untitled by puckers52, on Flickr

Back