Lasagne's 52 for 2010 - week 7 - People (on page 1)

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 8 here

Week 7 :

I fancied shooting rugby since I've never done that before. I got some quite nice action shots, but for some reason I liked the simplicity of this. As an ex semi-pro footballer I've come to appreciate the honesty, respect and camaraderie in rugby - this half-time shot hasn't captured any of that, but I liked it anyway !!

4374924509_f3c2551da3_o.jpg

Week 6 :

Not Safe For ...............Anything really

I've really struggled for time this week, so I set this shot up very quickly yesterday - with the aid of some delicately applied velcro....ouch !

Also, it happens to be my birthday today (14th Feb), so I haven't got much time to do much pp on it.

I'd like to say 'enjoy' but more realistically 'endure'

4356115060_e969700ded_o.jpg

Week 5 - Speed

I waited half an hour for a train to come along, so I was only going to get one shot at it !

4327063943_1feab47809_o.jpg

Last edited:
Damn....shouldn't look at others before I've done mine, but just can't help myself! :bonk:

Has no one ever told you not to play on train tracks?! :p Nice shot though - just wish the sky was a tad underexposed and there was a bit more satruration on the actual train.

Also, out of interest, why have you started a brand new thread for your Wk5 image rather than tagging it to the end of the previous threads?? :thinking:

Last edited:
really like that.......very back to the future...

Damn....shouldn't look at others before I've done mine, but just can't help myself! :bonk:

Has no one ever told you not to play on train tracks?! :p Nice shot though - just wish the sky was a tad underexposed and there was a bit more satruration on the actual train.

Also, out of interest, why have you started a brand new thread for your Wk5 image rather than tagging it to the end of the previous threads?? :thinking:

I was a bit wary of being near the track - especially since there was a sign above my head warning of a £1000 fine for trespassing :|

Yes, the sky is a bit blown, but I was just happy to get the shot to be honest.

And I've started a new thread because I haven't done week 4 yet ;)

like that, big up for sitting there and waiting and been so close. extreme photography

Thanks. The camera was on a tripod and fired remotely, but I was still standing pretty close - although I tried to look as though I was walking away in case the driver reported me !

Believe it or not I did consider putting the camera on the floor between the tracks so the train would go over the top of it. I thought I could get a really dramatic shot that way.....but I also thought I could get a ruined camera that way :)

Very nice shot! Certainly screams 'Speed' to me :) The lines in this shot are great!

Great entry for your speed week.
Definitely a very brave shot! And thank god you didn't out your camera on the tracks, that would of ended horribly!
I love how the back end of the train fades out also, real nice touch.

Superb sense of speed Andy.. Whoosh

Believe it or not I did consider putting the camera on the floor between the tracks so the train would go over the top of it. I thought I could get a really dramatic shot that way.....but I also thought I could get a ruined camera that way :)

A wise choice I think (y):LOL: not to put it there..

Great entry for your speed week.
Definitely a very brave shot! And thank god you didn't out your camera on the tracks, that would of ended horribly!
I love how the back end of the train fades out also, real nice touch.

Thank you

Apart from the sky it's a nice shot.

Allan

Unfortunately that's what the sky looked like :)

I like that but have you a link to the larger one ? I think the size has made the gravel look a big fuzzy... may be its me as I'm getting old lol

Terran

Maybe I should have sharpened a little, but I didn't want to sharpen the blur, if you see what I mean.

I realise that doesn't make much sense !

Superb sense of speed Andy.. Whoosh

A wise choice I think (y):LOL: not to put it there..

I think you're right !

Thank you all for commenting

Thank you

Unfortunately that's what the sky looked like :)

Maybe I should have sharpened a little, but I didn't want to sharpen the blur, if you see what I mean.

I realise that doesn't make much sense !

I think you're right !

Thank you all for commenting
What about using a mask / layer ? I'm not PS expert but you could create a new layer, sharpen it and then fade in using the same technique as selective colouring ?

Terran

well it certainly screams speed.. great for a one shot capture, nice lines and the bur is spot on..

Well there's nowt wrong with your timing, lovely image, really gives the impression of speed.

Must be one of them new fangled hover trains.

Great timing, not easy to get that right especially with the added pressure of knowing you only get one pop at it

very nice :clap:
amazing how the wheels have disappeared making it look like it's flying
fairly slow shutter speed I'd guess!

and you'd not want to be much closer - give the driver a heart attack!

Back