1dmkIV Availability

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
This will be the same for the whole UK :(

Just phoned creativevideo re my pre ordered 1dmkIV and canon have now told everyone February for delivery... So if your waiting for them to come in stock its put back another month..

Jacobs had a few in stock last week. a friend bought one,........... and he is well impressed with it.

Darn - that's grim. My order at Calumet came up the other day and I declined it as I had bought one a few days earlier from Park Cameras. I'd have let you know had I known...

Kipax is looking for one sub the £4k mark as per another thread he has posted in recently, I think there are a few available but those selling them in stock are selling for around the £4500 mark.

Bad news mate if its a wait that long!

Well creativevideo have just done the dirtuy on me fromn a great height :( they have them in now and although promised i would be in first batch they now say I am not and they ahve 3 on order no names on them.. i can have one of those but at 3.950 and not the 3.799 i pre ordered at

I called rgb-tech and they say they arnt getting them now as they have had a fall out wiht canon

called jessops who ahve them at 4,189 and its CC only.. my cc limit isnt that high and they dont take any other kind of payment..

park cameras have them at same price as jessops so gonna try them.. is this where you got yours tobers? www.parkcameras.com

Jeez Kipax, I feel gutted for you.

I know how much you have been looking forward to this!

Creativevideo sound like a bunch of hits, but you're seriously considering paying £250 more for the camera elsewhere? :|
For that much I'd swallow my pride. (and give them a right earful when paying :nono: )

Creativevideo sound like a bunch of hits, but you're seriously considering paying £250 more for the camera elsewhere? :|
For that much I'd swallow my pride. (and give them a right earful when paying :nono: )

thing is creativevideo now want the money.. today but the camera might not arrive for a month :(

with delivery same price as park cameras. or thereabouts. i think unless theres any <4k then park cameras at 4,189 it is on monday morning... spoke to them and they said they cant do anything until monday

so i have all weekend to source one for less..anyone? :) deffo not buying grey import on this as they are NOT covered by canon even with a UK reciept.. canon have confirmed this.. Lens yes.. body no

thing is creativevideo now want the money.. today but the camera might not arrive for a month :(

Oh right, that is pants. :shake:
Thought about finding one in the US?
Virgin atlantic have a sale on, New York £299 20 Jan - 31 Mar 10.
Could make a short holiday out of it. :)

Edit: wrote this before reading your post above! Doh!

Last edited:

Doesnae work for those of us who are CPS members! Problem is that neither CPS or Canon will accept a US warrantied body for repair (under warranty at least). Lenses carry a worldwide warranty, hence the reason people like Kerso have such great business...however, bodies no chance!

As Tony says, he's spoken to Frankie Jim, who's the CPS rep for the UK and has had that confirmed straight from the horses mouth.

It's a crap system, but unfortunately until Canon change it to allow worldwide warranties, we're all stuck!

with delivery same price as park cameras. or thereabouts. i think unless theres any <4k then park cameras at 4,189 it is on monday morning... spoke to them and they said they cant do anything until monday

so i have all weekend to source one for less..anyone? :) deffo not buying grey import on this as they are NOT covered by canon even with a UK reciept.. canon have confirmed this.. Lens yes.. body no

Oh yeah, PS I am BRIMMING with excitement too!!! BRIMMING I tell thee.

Calmed down now.. counted to ten... creativevideo say they will let me have one for 3,799 as original order but no idea when next ones arriving.. Park camera got them in now for 4,189 thats a difference of £390

So i can save 390 if I wait.. but for how long.. I have been waiitng since december :(

I may be slightly biased here...but i've got to agree with Gary. Seems like creative just want your cash with no idea when they'll be able to deliver the camera.

If Park has them, in stock, and it's a minimal amount more, then I'd go for it.

I wonder if Creative have reached their credit limit with their supplier and they are looking to get the cash up front of customers to enable them to source these cameras?
Does sound a bit off like with them telling you to pay up front and not know when you are going to receive the goods.

If you buy something off Warehouse Express and the likes they take your card details then they only charge your card when the item is shipped which sounds fair enough.

Only thing is £390 is a lot of money to spend to get your hands on something maybe 1,2 or 3 weeks earlier....Tough decision matey!

Only thing is £390 is a lot of money to spend to get your hands on something maybe 1,2 or 3 weeks earlier....Tough decision matey!

exactly!..as we say in accy :)

well i have until monday morning to decide.. park say they will send for next day..so I could have it tuesday. hmm hmmm hmmmmmmmmm

I don't want to this thread to get out of hand but I have never had a problem with Canon UK honouring a body USA warranty before. I have only had a couple customers who have ever had an issue with a Canon body and Canon were fine doing repair or resolving issue under the 1 year USA warranty in UK. I will not let any buyer down regardless within the warranty period. Regards Ian.

Doesnae work for those of us who are CPS members! Problem is that neither CPS or Canon will accept a US warrantied body for repair (under warranty at least). Lenses carry a worldwide warranty, hence the reason people like Kerso have such great business...however, bodies no chance!

As Tony says, he's spoken to Frankie Jim, who's the CPS rep for the UK and has had that confirmed straight from the horses mouth.

It's a crap system, but unfortunately until Canon change it to allow worldwide warranties, we're all stuck!

I don't want to this thread to get out of hand but I have never had a problem with Canon UK honouring a body USA warranty before. I have only had a couple customers who have ever had an issue with a Canon body and Canon were fine doing repair or resolving issue under the 1 year USA warranty in UK. I will not let any buyer down regardless within the warranty period. Regards Ian.

That's good to know actually Ian! Nice to get real-world experience rather than the protocol from CPS...which isn't always adhered to.

Would you return a body to the USA if necessary and a repair agent wouldnt honour the US Warranty? Just interested.

Jacobs were showing some in earlier and offering free delivery - not sure on price and whether they'd price match ??

James, If Canon UK were difficult I would return to USA for exchange rather than repair. Regards Ian.
That's good to know actually Ian! Nice to get real-world experience rather than the protocol from CPS...which isn't always adhered to.

Would you return a body to the USA if necessary and a repair agent wouldnt honour the US Warranty? Just interested.

Jacobs were showing some in earlier and offering free delivery - not sure on price and whether they'd price match ??

Jacobs are at £4189 as well.

Looks like that will be the retail price for the time being!

EDIT: Jessops too. Though Calumet are £4299

Last edited:
Yup looks like its leveled off at that price..

So..wait and save 350 or get now ... its gonna be a loong weekend. I ahve a cup final to photogrpah on Thurday thats the worse lighting I ahve ever been to at lancashire FA headquarters in leyland hmmm

James, If Canon UK were difficult I would return to USA for exchange rather than repair. Regards Ian.
Under what time scale Ian? 6 month down the road? When I get mine I think you will be getting my money mate.:D

Edit: wrote this before reading your post above! Doh!
Just over £3100 over there.:D

I have had a few USA body's and have had warranty work done at canon and lehmanns on them with no problem what so ever.

My first 1DMK11 was bought from Digital Rev in Hong Kong and when it needed a repair i sent it direct to the contact in London and when it returned 4 days later it had a Fixation repair slip so no problem with an Import camera.

Back