1yr Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan 20GB @Amazon - £73.49

Hi, sorry people but I am still a little confused on this.
I understand you get Lightroom Classic and Lightroom and of course Photoshop, what I cannot figure out is what version of Lightroom to use, what apart from storing images in the cloud is the big difference, I only do wildlife/bird photography and as a lot is done in low light I have DXO pure raw for any high ISO needs.
I did use Lightroom 6 perpetual a few years back but then the subscription and cost of Lightroom pushed me away and I use On1 photo raw but after trying as I mentioned in a previous post the cloud version of Lightroom I liked what the actual program could do apart from the restrictions of at the start only keeping files in the cloud not being able to send to DXO and get back into Lightroom was a pain, so anyway sorry for the long winded post. Russ.
LR Classic has plugins, printing etc. It also has a UI from the dark ages. LR was entirely cloud based but now allows you to work with local files as well, without syncing to the cloud. LR doesn't have plugins or printing, and has a UI that actually looks like it was designed this century. They are now functionally identical as far as the editing tools and what you can do within each program. You want LR Classic as you use DXO as a plugin.

This isn't that. The 20GB plan includes LR Classic. You wouldn't get very far with only 20Gb cloud storage. The cloud version does everything LR Classic does, just without plugins and printing. To me that's no consequence and I couldn't go back to LR Classic. Obviously if you use plugins or external editors it's a deal breaker.

I have the full 1TB everything plan as my dad uses LR Classic and I use all the cloud side of things. The plan I use never, ever goes on sale sadly.
I'm a bit confused here. Are you saying that the 20GB Cloud plan doesn't include the desktop version of Lightroom? If so, that's not true. I have the 20GB plan and it lets me run both Lightroom and the full desktop version, Lightroom Classic. To be honest, I only use Lightroom Classic. I also don't really use the 20GB of Cloud storage - all my edits are on my local machine.

I'm a bit confused here. Are you saying that the 20GB Cloud plan doesn't include the desktop version of Lightroom? If so, that's not true. I have the 20GB plan and it lets me run both Lightroom and the full desktop version, Lightroom Classic. To be honest, I only use Lightroom Classic. I also don't really use the 20GB of Cloud storage - all my edits are on my local machine.
Nope, wasn't saying that at all. You get LR, LR Classic and Photoshop, but only 20Gb cloud storage. I have the everything plan with 1TB storage as I heavily use the cloud aspects and love having all my Raw files available on my phone, iPad or laptop and being able to edit from anywhere. I said I couldn't go back to LR Classic as the interface is horrific and it still has performance issues. To be honest I haven't used either of the desktop LRs for a good couple of years, all my editing is on my phone or iPad Pro now.

Last edited:
it still has performance issues.

To be honest I haven't used either of the desktop LRs for a good couple of years, all my editing is on my phone or iPad Pro now.

So it had performance issues when you last used it a god couple of years ago ......;)

I don't have an issue with the LR Classic UI. I never liked LR or Photoshop to start with. I got used to them. Having got used to them I don't like change. I have managed to tolerate one change to another tool - Capture One - which I found just as annoying as LR when I started out ..... but I got used to it.

I hate using a phone or iPad for image processing. But I see the iPad pro seems to be competing well with the likes of the Macbook Air as a convenient end user device these days - for many people.

And this sort of demonstrates Adobe's problem as a major incumbent supplier. They have luddites like me to keep happy and those who want newer stuff and UI like you to keep happy. I think the numbers of us luddites must be quite high because I don't think it was Adobe's intent to keep LR Classic going this long.

Well I purchased 2 years :) Now just got to start learning it again:p
Confirmed getting refund from On1 and Affinity so those two together near paid for a year of Adobe.

So it had performance issues when you last used it a god couple of years ago ......;)

I don't have an issue with the LR Classic UI. I never liked LR or Photoshop to start with. I got used to them. Having got used to them I don't like change. I have managed to tolerate one change to another tool - Capture One - which I found just as annoying as LR when I started out ..... but I got used to it.

I hate using a phone or iPad for image processing. But I see the iPad pro seems to be competing well with the likes of the Macbook Air as a convenient end user device these days - for many people.

And this sort of demonstrates Adobe's problem as a major incumbent supplier. They have luddites like me to keep happy and those who want newer stuff and UI like you to keep happy. I think the numbers of us luddites must be quite high because I don't think it was Adobe's intent to keep LR Classic going this long.
I think adding the ability to edit locally in Lightroom (non-Classic) is the beginning of the end for LR Classic to be honest. If they add plugin support and the print module to LR over the next 12 months then LR Classic will be gone, as the two versions will be functionally identical

I think adding the ability to edit locally in Lightroom (non-Classic) is the beginning of the end for LR Classic to be honest. If they add plugin support and the print module to LR over the next 12 months then LR Classic will be gone, as the two versions will be functionally identical
I wouldn't be confident about your tine scale.

If you look at incumbent software - Apple are still stuck with some of their decisions, Windows is a mess but gets tied to legacy when MS try and move it, applications such as Office are still very legacy, and if you look at things like accounts packages ..... very legacy.

I suspect that Adobe are resigned to keeping LR Classic going for a long time. They'll be well aware of how many active installations they have of each variant on what platforms.

As regards you comments about UI being 'horrific'. It's never that clear cut. It's always subjective. Modern software - and that includes phones and tablets - isn't really that good compared with what went before. It's just people get used to a particular platform, apps, and their workflows so find that variation on ergonomics suits them. Same with cameras. We have a basic layout for a mirrorless which is based on 'rangefinder' or SLR legacy. Anything that tries to look too different from that mechanical camera configuration tends to fail - so we have mirrorless cameras with central top bulge where in there would have been a pentaprism or pentamirror - and we have 'rangefinder' style cameras with the viewfinder fixed flush in the left corner. We also have users of software and cameras who only use a subset of features.

Good 'til 2027 now!

Just bought the subscription and added it to my account, now due to expire in Feb 2025 rather than 2024 and saved fifty quid! Bloody marvellous.

I gave in and bought 2 years, now slightly cross with myself. Hopefully when I install and start using the new LR it will make me happy about the choice.

Will try to keep LR 6 usable as an alternative.

I gave in and bought 2 years, now slightly cross with myself. Hopefully when I install and start using the new LR it will make me happy about the choice.

Will try to keep LR 6 usable as an alternative.
Hi, as I said previously I also purchased 2 years now just got to get to grips with it, looking in the long term once you do get to no it next year can buy another 2 years if around the same price and again getting L/R & P/S for that price is not that much more than keep upgrading On1 photo raw every year. Russ

Hi, as I said previously I also purchased 2 years now just got to get to grips with it, looking in the long term once you do get to no it next year can buy another 2 years if around the same price and again getting L/R & P/S for that price is not that much more than keep upgrading On1 photo raw every year. Russ

I got the BF upgrade price for PR2024 - £65. LR 6 is my go-to processor and for the advantages of staying with LR (I hope the basic editing tools are unchanged in behaviour) then it was hard to justify not using my preferred software.

I hung on to LR6 long after Adobe had moved to subscription but eventually caved in when a new camera I bought wasn't supported and I had to use other software to turn raw files into DNG, so finally went the CC subscription route. TBH, I don't regret it as the new features, like Denoise, which I would have had to pay DxO or Topas for, came as part of the package. Now I've got another year cheap I shall be sticking with Adobe CC LRC for the foreseeable future.

Does anyone know if the Lightroom version with 1TB of data at £55 is the same as the one with photoshop and 20GB of data at £69?
There is also adobe photoshop Lightroom with 1TB at £68 to add to the confusion

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Lightroom version with 1TB of data at £55 is the same as the one with photoshop and 20GB of data at £68?
Hi, believe it is the one I purchased last time and regretted it as I found it very restrictive in that you cannot use external apps like Topaz, DXO etc and then could not save images to your local drive directly to be honest I think the package at £69 is a far better deal. Russ.

Does anyone know if the Lightroom version with 1TB of data at £55 is the same as the one with photoshop and 20GB of data at £69?
There is also adobe photoshop Lightroom with 1TB at £68 to add to the confusion

No it's not, AFAIK. The LR with 1TB of storage is different from the LR with 20GB of storage. The 1TB is the same price (under normal conditions, not Amazon sale) as the 20GB but with the 1TB you get Lightroom which is a mobile, web-based package with large on-line storage but you don't get LR Classic, the computer based package. If you go with the 20GB version, you get LR, LRC and Photoshop but you don't get large amounts of storage -- just 20GB, which these days is nothing. If I am interpreting it correctly, Adobe are effectively just charging a different price because cloud storage is expensive.

If what I've said is wrong, or inaccurate in some way, I expect someone will be along shortly to correct my statement.

the computer based package. If you go with the 20GB version, you get LR, LRC and Photoshop but you don't get large amounts of storage -- just 20GB, which these days is nothing.

With LR Classic, since you're not [usually] storing RAW files in the cloud, then it's only 2048px wide JPEGs which take up space online. And that's also only files that you choose to sync to the cloud.

I've a touch under 200,000 photos in LR Classic, which take up about 4TB on disk, but I only have 21,000 of them synced to the cloud, and they are using 385 MB of the 20GB I have available.

Things are very different if you are using Cloud-first Lightroom and are storing RAWs, TIFFs and PSDs there, which is why you need the Terabyte.

Last edited:
Does the clock start ticking on your sub from the day you register it, or does it go by calendar month? Just debating whether to start now or wait for December.

Does the clock start ticking on your sub from the day you register it, or does it go by calendar month? Just debating whether to start now or wait for December.
Goes by the day you register or rather redeem your code you bought on Amazon.

I have at times let my subscription lapse because I am away and I wouldn't be using it for nearly a month.
So just redeem the code just before you need to start using it.

Thanks to the OP for posting this - I hadn’t noticed

Stopped LR with 6 now out of date but there are a few things I wanted to use that PL6 doesn’t cover so I am trying it for a year instead of paying the PL upgrade.

Wont use PS and always hated the DAM/catalogue of LR

This stacking of licenses is brilliant for those who intend to use Adobe long term.

Great job OP!!!

Last edited:

AFAIK the redemption codes are valid for a year from the date you buy them. As nandbytes says above, your subscription then runs for a year from when you redeem the code.

Last edited:
£68.99 is decent, I guess.

Although it was £48.90 two years ago...

I got email from Amazon with the code. Haven't registered them yet because I need to download and install.

Just bought the £68 option. Do I presume I'll get an email with the activation code on? Then I need to log into Adobe online, access my account subscription and enter the code there??
Copy code from your email then go into Adobe CC. Top right where your name is click manage account and about middle right on the new page you will see redeem new code click that and paste your code in the box job done. Will have to refresh for the date to change.

Back