365's, 52's & Photo Diaries (updated for 2009)

Sorry to say it but I am doing one too, not going to clog up the forum with mine so posting mine to a blog and my flickr page. Check it out here. - My 365 Blog
Will post one or two on here that I think are worthy though.

I think it helps if you keep to a theme. All of mine are/will be things that are personal to me, a sort of photo diary.

I think it helps if you keep to a theme. All of mine are/will be things that are personal to me, a sort of photo diary.
Cheers for the quick response. I will probably be along the same lines, have been stuck in the house with "manflu" for the last 4 days.:( Back to work tomorrow. Lets see what that brings.

That's my biggest fear at the mo, getting ill and having to post a bunch of photo's of myself ill in bed lol.

First Post now up to date with all the 365's and 52's listed in this thread, and others I could find.

Current standing is 19 - 365's and 2 - 52's :)

Post your link below if you are doing one.

First Post now up to date with all the 365's and 52's listed in this thread, and others I could find.

Current standing is 19 - 365's and 2 - 52's :)

Post your link below if you are doing one.

Wasn't there a 182? :thinking: Think it's Jade.

Any tips would be appreciated!!

Buy a note book. Use it to write down ideas of shots that would be good on a day that you have no inspiration. Refer to it often and add to it often. Store up ideas. Its good to have an emergency plan.

But don't worry if you wake up one day with no ideas. Something will present itself to you during the day.

Look around you. Buy a dog - go for walks around and about you. Look at signs, posters - see what you see.

Buy the local rag every week. Look at what's on in your area.

Do not ever, ever, be tempted to settle for a pic of your feet. If you do, then give up your 365 there and then.

Use the short winter days to your advantage - remember there are cracking sunsets to be had in the late afternoon, rather than having to stay up until stupid o'clock waiting for them.

Enjoy the process of having a creative thought every day. Don't settle for a crap shot, but remember that every shot doesn't need to be brilliant. Some days an ok one will do.

Don't beat yourself up about it.

Don't feel you have to be a writer too. Some days you'll have lots to say about the photo you choose. Others you feel like saying "meh". Well, just say it, then move on to tomorrow.

I could go on, but I think you get the gist.

My 365 is in the 1st post - I've done 250+ on the trot now. I've learned the above in the process.

HTH

MV

/me checks MV's list against what he did.....think I managed one of them points :p

To be honest I didn't put much planning into mine.

I would recommend though that you at least keep a track of the day numbers, as it can VERY confusing to work out what day you are on if you accidentally number two the same or skip a number.

Try and get the shot taken earlier in the day (unless you are waiting for darkness for it) if you let it drag on you get less inclined to get the shot (or I did)

Upload that days photo that day! it is very easy to think "Oh I have the shots I can catchup sometime" it just piles up and you really don't want to have to sit there and sort them all out.

Don't take it too seriously!

Cheers for the advice everyone!:clap::clap:

I was going to go for the wing it approach, I travel across Northern Ireland with work and I always think "if only I had a camera now!" So be expecting quite a few landscape shots of "Norn Iron" I will definitely be uploading one a day to flickr, good advice Jimmy!(y) Mobilevirgin I will have a look at yours now for some inspiration.

Edit: Blipfoto looks good, will look into it now, looks a bit more personal. Which is what I would like my 365 to be.

Last edited:
I've seen some nice feet / leg type shots. Did one myself in Toronto with my lomo.

some sound advice there folks, another idea is that i've decided to visit a fantastic local photographic bookshop (www.beyondwords.co.uk) once a month to pick up a new book, and not only increase my collection of photo books but to give me inspiration too.

I would recommend though that you at least keep a track of the day numbers, as it can VERY confusing to work out what day you are on if you accidentally number two the same or skip a number.

That's one of the reasons I like blipfoto - no chance of confusion that way - and it also helps to keep the 365 going - if there were to be a missing day in my calendar then it would wink at me for ever as if to say - "you missed a day ..." And that would mean God would have to strangle a kitten.

... I always think "if only I had a camera now!" ...

Edit: Blipfoto looks good, will look into it now, looks a bit more personal. Which is what I would like my 365 to be.

Always keep a camera in the car. Make it a rule. Coat, check, keys, check, camera, check.

I've seen some nice feet / leg type shots. Did one myself in Toronto with my lomo.

Unlikely :razz:

Unlikely :razz:

188007003_2ac6bf4371.jpg

My 365 is now available on blipfoto at, www.blipfoto.com/JDholic
Could one of the mods please update it?? Pretty please??(y)

Will also continue on Flickr, but I think the format on blipfoto is a lot nicer.

Oh, well done - I've been trying to persuade people to sign up to blipfoto for a while - you're the first person on here to take the bait (as far as I'm aware).

Oh, well done - I've been trying to persuade people to sign up to blipfoto for a while - you're the first person on here to take the bait (as far as I'm aware).

I didn't take much persuading, I took one look at yours and decided there and then. I like the way anyone can see and comment on your photo, rather than just what contacts you have. (Flickr)

i was going to sign up to blipfoto for my 365 but you cant back date it even a few days :( have to be photos taken after the day you joined

Think you can squeeze in another one? :naughty: Here's my '365: www.freewebs.com/365photos. :) Ta very much. (y)
It's now in it's 7th month, so if you've not come across it, you have a lot of catching up! :eek:

Back