A late starting 365 :-(

28th August
I tried to get a few shots of Tanja bathing Jacob - not a great success. Here is evidence:

3865637078_d5240406a6.jpg

29th August
Macro week ...
After family week last week I have decided to try a macro week this week. Here is the start - a hover fly on some flowering oregano in the garden.
3870775029_6d76bf0000.jpg

30th August
Out walking with Ticky at the crack of dawn this morning I took this:
3871511468_1b1cf493f8.jpg

but also this one which I like a lot more but is not a macro so it doesn't count according to my new rules about theme weeks :)
3871508394_57bf426328.jpg

Last edited:
31st August
I made some cuttings (well stole off the neighbour's compost heap actually) of some geraniums a month or so ago and I have already got some flowers.

3875414552_ca1057cbd5.jpg

I have noticed that the magnifying filter magnifies more the further that you move it from the object - should be obvious of course but I forgot / didn't think about it so I only noticed it this evening. I also played about with a mirror and the evening sun. This was the last one I got before the sun disappeared behind the mountains.

Nice shallow DoF, but looks like you have dirt on your lens/sensor and it's strange to see it at that wide aperture. Would clean it!

Nice shallow DoF, but looks like you have dirt on your lens/sensor and it's strange to see it at that wide aperture. Would clean it!

I have no F*****ing clue what that is. It is in the lens since it is not in any of the photos taken with another lenses, I have cleaned the front but that made no difference. I fear that it is inside the lens so I will have to send it back to Sigma to get it done I think :(

5th September
we were out on a bike ride all together today. Benedict and Christopher managed the whole 7km on their own (with only a couple of accidents). I had the gorillapod with me and so I took this one of us all - the focus is slightly out which is annoying but here we are:

3893679972_59e317e6d2.jpg

6th September
I was out with the boys getting bread and there were bees on loads of the flowers in a kind of torpor as it had got so cold overnight - no macro lens with me unfortunately only the 35mm - nevertheless I like this one...

3892893921_99d087032f.jpg

7th September
Time is short at the moment and so I am mostly relying on grab shots during the week. This is Tanja working on her laptop - I love my new 35mm 1.8. It lets me take shots in such dark places without a flash.

3900363491_bf8f62774b.jpg

8th September
We are getting into the autumn sunrises now - this is my first go at taking one. Not that great but we will see what I can come up with. Do I get extra points for it being taken one handed with a baby on the other arm? :)

3900364889_f3f27c8052.jpg

6th September
I was out with the boys getting bread and there were bees on loads of the flowers in a kind of torpor as it had got so cold overnight - no macro lens with me unfortunately only the 35mm - nevertheless I like this one...

I Like the slightly offset composition on this shot nic (y)

9th September
Here we are a self portrait - waiting for the football. The only question is what to watch; England - Croatia, Germany - Azerbaijan, Switzerland - Lithuania, Austria - someone. Too many TV channels here!

3903800579_ecd03669b8.jpg

The right choice was to watch England - Croatia. :D
Which shows England matches? I´m still looking for that channel. I "had" to watch Germany vs Azerbaidschan. That was a cruel first half, at least the showed Berti Vogst a few times.

Actually, what´s going on in England? Winning 5:1 against Croatia, winning 8 out of 8 matches...and even scoring from the spot :thinking:
I have to explain that, although I´m german, I´m an England supporter for over 20 years now. My favourit England match was the 5:1 win over Germany in Munich. (y)

10th September
International Space Station. Probably not going to win any prizes for this one but there we go. I really like watching the space station go over - I love the idea that there are people looking down. Anyway here we go:

3907620808_5e476b33cb.jpg

The right choice was to watch England - Croatia. :D
Which shows England matches? I´m still looking for that channel.

I spent most of the time watching that one of course - I was not popular in work this morning as we have several Croatians working for us. I live in Switzerland and have the equivalent of T-Home (internet TV) and we have BBC / ITV / Channel 4 as well as German, French, Austrian, Italian...

Lots of choice (still not that much on though) :)

When the page opened I thought you had a damaged lens.

But interesting that it's the space station, what did you use to capture this shot?

When the page opened I thought you had a damaged lens.

But interesting that it's the space station, what did you use to capture this shot?

Not all that much - the Sigma 18-200 on a tripod at 155mm f6 11 seconds exposure

The ISS is pretty easy to see - you just have to know when and where to look you can check out when it is visible here:

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/

Well it does appear that I forgot more days than I thought.

11th September
Ticky sometimes falls out of bed which is why he sleeps more or less on the floor. Occasionally he doesn´t wake up and then this happens:
3934787718_9c7f8ac731.jpg

16th I missed. I was back in Munich for work overnight and Wednesday was just too busy.

17th September
the train on the way home and this is a shot out of the window looking at a rainy lake Constance. Not a good shot but it captures the feeling somehow.

3934795978_07a30732df.jpg

20th September
I finally got around to going out in the garden with a tripod and the close up filter. We (like JD) have lots and lots of spiders out there and I managed to get this one spinning a new web. It was really great to watch how she went about it.

3937647772_ecdafca4cb.jpg

Back