A Picture a day (My 365) . . . Made it to the End!

29th September: Nelson's flagship HMS Victory

Beautiful day today, HMS Victory looks fantastic, only just noticed her figurehead is missing, probably part of the ongoing restoration.

665145486_UxMKW-XL.jpg

Thanks Nic, nothing better than being by the sea on a beutiful day ;)

You do have amazing mountains though

30th September: Hard disk in it's birthday suit

Spent ages trying to get an interesting shot and processing of this defunct hard disk, not what worked as well as I'd hoped, but still it's a photo ;)

666198179_2SAqm-L.jpg

1st October: Spinnaker Tower from below

Made another quick visit to Gunwharf Quay to take some alternative angles of the Tower. Have some other angles for future shots too ;)

667025489_Z6L28-L.jpg

Thanks Dave. Yesterday's shot has grown on me, for some reason I keep looking at it.

I do love the Spinnaker Tower ;)

2nd October: Trying to fit it all in!

I like angled shots, so when taking this picture I wanted to fit as much of both ships as I could in the frame, gave me an excuse to tilt the camera.

In the foreground is HMS M33 Monitor class coastal bombardment vessel built for action in WWI 1915 and behind HMS Victory, probably the most famous warship in the world from 1759. This is my 2nd lunchtime visit to Portsmouth Historic Dockyard this week (well the weather is nice so why not). On Tuesday I took this shot of HMS Victory here. I have also taken a shot this year looking the other way from HMS Victory here

667928902_HfDFQ-L.jpg

Its a great place, lots of museums (not been in one yet, must do soon). The Mary Rose is behind HMS Victory, but I think is now off limits as they are going to build a new fancy building for her.

God another nice day, i need to move back down south!

Not keen on the angle myself. I love the look of HMS Victory, such a pretty ship.

I like seeing these boats, we went to see the Mary Rose when i was in JR school.

I get these things from my dad, he used to get excited seeing the QE2 when going to the IOW :LOL:

Thanks Lisa, angle is a bit of a marmite thing, but I like to be different.

I remember the saying 'it's grim up north' :D

Back