Week 3 now added down there

VVV

Last edited:
hahaha :D

Not a great start... struggled for inspiration on week one :bang:

week_01 by DanielSutton1974, on Flickr

Last edited:
LOL!!! expensive? not for Christchurch :LOL:

nice DOF Daniel, it might have looked a bit more dramatic if your perspective was lower down (if you know what I mean ;) )

looking forward to seeing more of your 52 :)

LOL!!! expensive? not for Christchurch :LOL:

nice DOF Daniel, it might have looked a bit more dramatic if your perspective was lower down (if you know what I mean ;) )

looking forward to seeing more of your 52 :)

I did take one from a more acute angle, but it looked like I'd used a tilt-shift lens and I didn't like it as much as this one.

TBH I did have a much better 'idea' for the theme, but ran out of time today due to an unscheduled shopping trip to Southampton :bonk:

Hiya Daniel,

Good take on the theme for this week, I would have never thought of this one, so good on you.

I like it as it is.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Still going (which is an achievement in itself)...

Naughty Monkeh emptied a NEW box of teabags to play 'hide-and-seek' !

week_02 by DanielSutton1974, on Flickr

C&C welcome

Daniel.

Last edited:
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Daniel that is fab! I love the idea and thought you have put into this shot. The composition and colours are great! Focus fab and it looks pin-sharp to me.

Well done!

Look forward to seeing what you come up with for the next theme.

Cheers

Dawn :)

What a fun idea. :)
It's good that so many people are thinking outside of the box in the 52 - apart from monkeh of course, who is determined to stay inside the box.

What a fun idea. :)
It's good that so many people are thinking outside of the box in the 52 - apart from monkeh of course, who is determined to stay inside the box.

LOL - thanks Ray.
He really is a very naughty monkeh !

Thank you for the comments everyone :)

Brilliant, love the humour :cool: Made me smile when I looked at this one (y)

nice one daniel (y) love it ;) great idea on theme well done look forward to seeing week 3 :)

this made me laugh - love the humour.

It's also a great shot - really sharp and striking contrast in the colours

Ian

Week 3 - STYLE

Rear light cluster from the 2011 BMW M3 GTS Coupé

week_03 by DanielSutton1974, on Flickr

Unsure on this one... might change it if I have a flash of inspiration before Sunday.

Last edited:
Thanks Dan.

I still think I can come up with something better by the weekend... watch this space ;)

I'm watching this space, but I reckon you've already got a pretty good one in there ;)
Only 2 niggles from me :

-The reflections in the shiny surfaces are a bit distracting.
-I would have preferred a slightly wider crop to bring in more of the curve at the rear of the car.

Minor points, but if you were able to sort them out, then I reckon you're onto a winner with this idea (y)
Interested in what you're thinking of to better it . . . :thinking:

p.s. Monkeh really made me laugh :D

Like the style shot, perhaps slightly wider on the left to include the car badge, or do you think that could be more of a distraction rather than add to it?

And as others have said, the monkey put a big smile on my face :D

perhaps slightly wider on the left to include the car badge...

I did try that crop first, but I would have had to clone the number plate out and it would have been obvious as I am pants at photoshop.

Will have a go though...

Here's a different shot of the same subject, but with the M3 badge included and the numberplate removed (ish).

I would like to point out that this is NOT my car - I can't stand BMWs :p

Img001.jpg

I never have understood why they couldn't make the light on the bootlid line up with the rest of it :bang:

Here's a different shot of the same subject, but with the M3 badge included and the numberplate removed (ish).

I would like to point out that this is NOT my car - I can't stand BMWs :p

Img001.jpg

I never have understood why they couldn't make the light on the bootlid line up with the rest of it :bang:

..better :)

only niggle is the light patch bottom left...

I had thought of doing this....but could nt afford the car ;)

Final go... light patch removed.

Img002.jpg

I prefer the composition of the first shot, it has a more abstract feel to it. Lighting is always going to be difficult unless you have the car in your studio, or the garage allowed you to erect a small linen gazebo to diffuse the lights :)

I prefer the composition of the first shot, it has a more abstract feel to it. Lighting is always going to be difficult unless you have the car in your studio, or the garage allowed you to erect a small linen gazebo to diffuse the lights :)

I took the shots at Autosport International last Sunday - the lighting was awful (and different on every stand). Thankfully I shot in RAW so WB wasn't too much of a problem, but I do need to invest in an SB600 soon, I think.

Back