Angel Of The North

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Had my first visit to the angel of the north today even though I only live 15 minutes away. Dont know why they have the distortion around the statue in these uploads though because on my computer there isnt any. Anyway hope you like them. Comments welcome :)

disk_pics_437_1.jpg

1012205_1.jpg

1012283_1.jpg

brilliant! love the colours.

Maybe clone out the people?

I thought about that but wasnt sure since it adds a sense of scale.

brilliant! love the colours.

Maybe clone out the people?

I quite liked the people in the shot.

Rally nice set mate, love the differing sky colours. Some lovely results you got. The moon in the last one looks good!

Yeah I wasnt wanting the branches to go over the angel but I couldnt find a decent angle that wasnt in the trees. I dont have a wide angle lens so it made getting the wings in tricky. I might try taking the braches out slightly so that they frame it more. I worked on the white balance in photoshop raw but havent done anything else to them yet.

I quite liked the people in the shot.

Rally nice set mate, love the differing sky colours. Some lovely results you got. The moon in the last one looks good!

Thanks, I took loads of pics and the moon is in most of them. I wasnt sure if it would be a distraction from the main subject or not so only posted one.

Looks good with people in, it gives a sense of scale for the Angel. Its a wonderful structure.

Nice, the colours are excellent, I agree with OP about not cloning the people out.

About the people. I think you have been quite fortunate. In the first shot you have a group with gaps in between making for a great silhoutte. Is that a dog on the left?

In the second shot that looks like a couple with a push chair on the right though to the right it looks as though there are a couple wrapped up in sleeping bags, a bit untidy but hey.

Like the colours too and yes moon and jupiter always welcome in my shots too.

i like no 3 with the moon and star (ok jupiter ) i'd lose the person on the foot though and the car headlights......really great shots love the colours

Leave the people in place. Maybe check your verticals- looks a bit wonky to me. 3 is the nicest compositon-wise.

All 3 are a bit oversaturated for my taste. Is that what's caused the grainyness in no.3?
I would love to see a toned down version. Has the potential to be a fantastic shot.

agree with The Matt re toning down a tad, but love the colours and def dont clone out the people, puts it in perspective

WOW, these a stunning photos. I have always wanted to see this statute, and your photos have inspired me even more to visit there soon.

Thanks

D :)

Back