Anyone name this connector please?

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
This connector is used on my Pioneer Nano SSD's - anyone know what it is called?
I would like to change the existing leads to these at one end and USB-C the other end. :)

I'm thinking USB-B so need one with USB-C on the other end. :)

USB 3/3.1 Micro-B

Seagate use them on a lot of their external hard drives. I have a collection of them with different connections on the other end.

USB 3/3.1 Micro-B

Seagate use them on a lot of their external hard drives. I have a collection of them with different connections on the other end.
Cheers Steve, will look for one with a USB-C on the end. :)

thats just a standard connector for an external usb 3 caddy i have loads of them for 2.5inch disks

Cheers Steve, will look for one with a USB-C on the end. :)
have a lot of these cables on my hard drives with a USB 3 on the other end... Just a thought, but if you go for a USB-C, don't you have to be careful about which way up it goes for some devices? I have an adapter that has an arrow so that you connect it the right way up... but I think in some cases it may not matter.

I thought I recognised it. I don't know it's name but it is used to connect my Nikon D810 to a PC.

have a lot of these cables on my hard drives with a USB 3 on the other end... Just a thought, but if you go for a USB-C, don't you have to be careful about which way up it goes for some devices? I have an adapter that has an arrow so that you connect it the right way up... but I think in some cases it may not matter.
The whole point of usb-c is that you don’t have to worry which way you plug it in, there is no “up” just like a lightning connector ;)

The whole point of usb-c is that you don’t have to worry which way you plug it in, there is no “up” just like a lightning connector ;)
True in theory but not in practice. USB-C to USB-C is not a problem but USB-C to something else certainly can be. I have two different dongles that will only work with the connector one way up.

My Lexar card reader uses one of these leads also some of my HDD's and Panasonic G9.
Got stuck once without the lead and found a micro usb can be used in the larger section of the jack albeit at lower speed

Back