Bargain 60D

Thanks for this, fantastic price. I've been looking for ages and this has tipped me over the edge. I just hope it's not a price error!

Of course its a price error and can't see any orders getting through, not the first time Tesco have done this, last time was on a 100mm macro L lens and they were all cancelled

Reckon furq is spot on about the confusion with the 17-85mm kit

Of course its a price error and can't see any orders getting through, not the first time Tesco have done this, last time was on a 100mm macro L lens and they were all cancelled

Reckon furq is spot on about the confusion with the 17-85mm kit

But if you look at the advert - it doesn't look like a mistake? It actually gives the full price with "£589 Off" in red letters so can't see how it's a price mistake?

Hope not anyway.....;)

Dougie

It actually gives the full price with "£589 Off" in red letters so can't see how it's a price mistake?

Exactly the same as the Lens I mentioned and I believe a Canon 580 flash before that, these decimal point errors happen all the time and expect cancellation emails to be coming your way

No point thinking Tesco would be that charitable, probably on hotdeals by now and the orders are flooding in which sets the alarm bells jangling

But if you look at the advert - it doesn't look like a mistake? It actually gives the full price with "£589 Off" in red letters so can't see how it's a price mistake?

That's automated, I'm sure.

I also believe this will be cancelled by tesco but have ordered anyway just in case.

Someone unfortunately has now posted on hotukdeals but so far it has negative ratings (I also made it cold so hopefully less peope see it!)

Thanks to the OP if it does go through

Of course I hope you are all lucky, just trying to temper your excitement and the probable later disappointment won't be so bad that way

Wish me luck, after a discussion with the better half, who oddly suggested I go for it and sell my 7D as I don't use it to its full potential anyway I got through, but the delivery date is a little alarming!!

For delivery on Friday 31st December 9999 between 11:59pm - 11:59pm

I guess by 9999 they're going to have teleporters for the delivery slot!

:bonk:

Last edited:
Very surprised it went through, but well done and assuming that means they have taken your money.

The date is probably just a nominal one until they sort out a delivery slot, really am stunned that its going ahead, but good luck to everyone else and well spotted to the OP

Aye to all questions, if its good then lets see how it works out with Quidco and thank you Steven for pointing this out to us

Last edited:
Ordered using discount code posted by djs for an additional £50 off, should get Topcashback too as well as 2008 points. Can't be bad if the order is honoured. Just received my proof of purchase email.

Just received this email from Tesco 'We are sorry to inform you that we have had to cancel your Tesco Direct order.'
My CC anti fraud thingy blocked the transaction. Got the automated call from the anti fraud thingy and cleared everything. Have had to re-order (using the same CC).

Ooo, didn't know Topcashback - they look better than Quidco at first glance!

Just received this email from Tesco 'We are sorry to inform you that we have had to cancel your Tesco Direct order.'
My CC anti fraud thingy blocked the transaction. Got the automated call from the anti fraud thingy and cleared everything. Have had to re-order (using the same CC).

Why did it block it?

Mine got cancelled too - no call though, had to re-order but the clubcard vouchers we used have been "re-issued" so we couldn't use them either... Silly Tesco.

*EDIT* we found out why it was cancelled - Tesco tried to take £2 presumably to check the account was good, all it did however was lock out my wife's bank card and potentially block a sale - VERY SILLY TESCO!

Last edited:
Anti-fraud squad monitors card activity and anything they consider as suspicious is blocked until the transactions are confirmed. Happens all the time, but Tesco cancelled my order before I confirmed the transaction with the AF squad.
Seems that payment has been made for this second order.

JohnN - IMO Topcashback is better as it doesn't cost anything, whereas Quidco costs a fiver.

Last edited:
Is there no way you can pick it up from a store?

I ordered mine over the phone, said if it was the wrong lens then they will refund.
The camera is coming direct from Canon, so won't know for sure until it arrives :shrug:

Here's hoping :|

Just ordered for the lens but got interrupted whilst ordering and forgot to use the discount code. Let's hope the wife doesn't find out about the purchase until I manage to sell the 60D. ;)

Thank you for posting a cracking deal! :clap:

I foresee some furious activity on the classifieds very soon and be careful not to contravene this rule

No profiteering* : Selling or dealing in items that the staff believe have been purchased for profit is not permitted

Back