Be careful of the courier who deliver for MPB

Edit My Images
No
Brought an V2 from them yesterday for delivery today but didn't turn up rang them to find out what had happen,seem the parcel company they use has deliver to the wrong address its in someone outside cupboard.
Been on the phone to them, the parcel company refused to try and retrieve it today.
So MPB have got my money,someone else has my camera and the parcel company don't seem to care. :thumbsdown::(

Last edited:
It's MPB's responsibility. They should be dealing with the delivery company rather than you.

Steve.

What did mbp say?

What have MPB said? They are far from dodgy, so I would be very surprised if you have any serious issues, it may just take a few days to sort (i.e. refund or redelivery).

I've probably had 30 or more transactions with them (selling to and buying from) and they've been nothing but helpful over email/phone.

They were helpful over the phone MPB,but they were unable to make any inroads with the parcel company they use.
Meanwhile i have no camera and its a long Bank holiday weekend coming up :(

So how is this MBP's fault?

Yes it is their responsibility, but give them a chance to sort it out for you.

They choose the company for their post and if the company they use is not helpful its not good for them,the parcel company just didn't give a damn :(

As i have said everybody got my money,i got nothing

If the delivery company haven't got proof of delivery to you, which they obviously can't have, then MPB are liable and you won't lose out. I've no doubt you will either get your goods or your money refunded. MPB have always dealt fairly with me and most people have only good words for them in other threads on here.

the parcel company just didn't give a damn

Delivery companies will usually not talk to customers as their contracts are with the sellers.

Whilst it might not be MBP's fault, it certainly is their responsibility and until the item is delivered to you, they have not completed their part of the contract.

The are a reputable company and I'm sure it will be sorted out.

Steve.

Last edited:
Seems a little unfair coming on here badmouthing MBP without giving them much of a chance to sort it out.

Seems a little unfair coming on here badmouthing MBP without giving them much of a chance to sort it out.

I was thinking the same thing, how can they be at fault once it leaves them, ok I know they are liable but what the courier does is out of their control all they can do is rectify the problem.

I said be careful about buying from MPB because of the parcel company they use.
How would you feel if all the tracking advice from the parcel company just said in cupboard of somebody else address and then they refused to do anything about :thumbsdown:

so after they have tried but no inroads to the company have you been back in touch with them to find out what they are going to do about it????

so after they have tried but no inroads to the company have you been back in touch with them to find out what they are going to do about it????

Yep have been, they said their are other avenue that they can look into if it doesn't turn up.
The thing is i really pushed the old money boat out to get this,and was hoping to sell my V1 to fund it but now have to put that on hold till it sort itself out :(

There is nothing worse than ordering kit fr it not to turn up when the say it will.

Hopefully it will not take too long.

I used to get really frustrated living here in Guernsey as everything takes an age to get here, next day delivery whats that??? I always allow a couple of extra days and if it turns up before that bargin.

At the end of the day its just a delivery screw up this happens.
compounded by the leave it till the last minute order.
we have all done it.

What delivery company do they use as that is often the bit you need warning of?

If anyone uses DHL I do not use them as the DHL local to me is abysmal. They leave packages with anyone and don't even say who with cryptic names like "Peter" and no address!

They choose the company for their post and if the company they use is not helpful its not good for them,the parcel company just didn't give a damn :(

As i have said everybody got my money,i got nothing

They do choose the courier company, you are correct, but that doesn't make MBP a bad company to deal with.
As the owner of an ecommerce business we have tried numerous courier companies and trust me they are all as bad as each other in one way or another.

Do an internet search on reviews for any courier you can think of and I guarantee the vast majority are bad.

We use royal mail and City Link now and the majority of our deliveries go down without a hitch, but there will always be problems now and then. It really boils down to the attitude of the delivery depot and driver.
Unfortuntaly when the driver is out on the road and you are complaining to somebody sitting in a call centre 300 miles away it is just not possible to get a resolution in just an hour or two.

Yes, we know some customers will not buy from us because we use City Link, but then there are probably those that wont buy from us if we used DHL or (god forbid) Yodel. We cant please everyone, but that doesn't make us a bad company to deal with.

I'm sure MBP will sort things out for you one way or another.

Last edited:
You need to give them a little longer than a few hours to sort it out.

Its not just a few hours,i have been sitting in all day waiting,its been left in somebody outside cupboard,so i take it that the address they tried to deliver to was not in,so what to say they will be in tomorrow if the parcel company try to retrieve it which they haven't said they will do yet.
And i can't wait in all day again i have to be at school to do a trip and i have another one Saturday with little one and her friends to the castle.
Sunday out Monday a bank holiday,plus MPB are closed all over the weekend and Bank holiday Monday.
So even if everything goes ok the earlies is Tuesday,another day hanging around i paid for next day delivery.
If i were MPB i would tell the company to get of their ****ing asses and try to have sorted it out today.
Let just say its lost how long do you think it will take me to get a refund,days weeks :cautious:

They do choose the courier company, you are correct, but that doesn't make MBP a bad company to deal with.
As the owner of an ecommerce business we have tried numerous courier companies and trust me they are all as bad as each other in one way or another.

Do an internet search on reviews for any courier you can think of and I guarantee the vast majority are bad.

We use royal mail and City Link now and the majority of our deliveries go down without a hitch, but there will always be problems now and then. It really boils down to the attitude of the delivery depot and driver.
Unfortuntaly when the driver is out on the road and you are complaining to somebody sitting in a call centre 300 miles away it is just not possible to get a resolution in just an hour or two.

Yes, we know some customers will not buy from us because we use City Link, but then there are probably those that wont buy from us if we used DHL or (god forbid) Yodel. We cant please everyone, but that doesn't make us a bad company to deal with.

I'm sure MBP will sort things out for you one way or another.

Yes but it mean next time,maybe i won't buy from MPB again :(

We use Interlink Express to send up to 120 lenses a week and (touch wood) they all deliver on time, in fact the customer gets a text/email on the morning of delivery with a 1hr time slot for delivery.

They've been great so far!

So, badmouth a good company because a supplier let them down...

All delivery companies balls up. I have had great service off RMail but I know others haven't. I have been annoyed by City Link but sure others have been fine. They probably have told them to sort it out, but what do you expect them to do, get the MD to drive to the depot and shout at people???

You must be the customer people dread!

Ironically I've found DPD to be great (probably 10-20 deliveries since Christmas) always get a text and email at about 8 in the morning with an hour delivery slot, and I've had 100% success with them delivering within that hour. City Link on the other hand...I wouldn't touch a company that uses them.

I really don't think it's on to drag MPB through it on here without even a single working day passing yet, regardless of what you think it has only been a matter of a few business hours so far. Yes it's a shame you won't have the gear for the weekend, but this could just as easily have happened with any company in the UK, every courier company crews up from time to time. As it's used gear it's not as though they can just send out another, it's in your and their interest to get the goods back so hat may take a bit of time.

Last edited:
A company called DPD a big :thumbsdown:

DPD, local to me, are very good.

I get a text with an ETA window, always accurate to within 30 minutes. Usually within 10 minutes of the from time. Had to sign, always.

I get a text with an ETA window, always accurate to within 30 minutes. Usually within 10 minutes of the from time. Had to sign, always.

Same here, within 10-30 minutes of the from time. Always had to sign as well. I guess as with all things it depends on the local drivers. Parcelforce are hateful around here, either leave signed for items on the doorstep, or launch them over the side gate (regardless of the weather!)

Instead of immediately hitting the Internet with an unwarranted rant, have you considered going to your neighbour and asking for your delivery?

Yeah, you're annoyed that the delivery was messed up but I don't see the point in badmouthing and bitching on here - things like this happen.

Good things come to those who wait (and all that)...

Same here i like them as you don't need to wait in all day as they text you telling you a time within a hour :D But i would be quite annoyed to say the least if i had the trouble the poster had tbh :(

DPD are very good for me, give me 1 hour slot and arrive right on time. It really does depend on the driver.

Once I had a 'missed parcel' card saying saying a parcel (I wasn't expecting one) has been left at my neighbours house. I went to my neighbour asking for this parcel and they showed me it and it was for my other neighbour. Didn't even bother looking at the house number when they gave me the missed parcel card which wasn't for me.

Best advice is to keep talking to MPB, fact is they have sold something to you and it hasn't reached you yet. It's still their responsibility. I would also make a complaint to DPD - but use the web form as I find that written complaints get better outcomes than that on a phone.

So, badmouth a good company because a supplier let them down...

All delivery companies balls up. I have had great service off RMail but I know others haven't. I have been annoyed by City Link but sure others have been fine. They probably have told them to sort it out, but what do you expect them to do, get the MD to drive to the depot and shout at people???

You must be the customer people dread!

Do i have to say it again they picked the company to deliver not me,they charged me for that service.
I expect that service to deliver,not for me to spend my time chasing up the company.
You may be a person who doesn't mind being messed about,i hope company do dread dealing with me i dont like to be messed about.

:razz:

And what wrong with shouting at people if they balls up,maybe thats what wrong theses days keep quiet dont say anything

Last edited:
Do i have to say it again they picked the company to deliver not me,they charged me for that service.
I expect that service to deliver,not for me to spend my time chasing up the company.
You may be a person who doesn't mind being messed about,i hope company do dread dealing with me i dont like to be messed about.

:razz:

And what wrong with shouting at people if they balls up,maybe thats what wrong theses days keep quiet dont say anything

You tell me a delivery company that gets it right 100% of the time? That's right, none. Mistakes happen. If dscl send me prints and they don't arrive next day do I slag them off??? No, they cannot control the post.

Do u have any idea how companies work. Even if amazon chase it will not suddenly turn up 2 hours later, let alone someone much smaller.

Why not just return it under DSR? They have to give you your money back ASAP (even before they get the item back).

As others have said, couriers mess up from time to time and it's annoying for both you and the retailer. But it'll take at least a day to resolve as the couriers don't retrace their steps on the same day!

Are Yodel the rebranded Home Delivery Network? They were awful...

You tell me a delivery company that gets it right 100% of the time? That's right, none. Mistakes happen. If dscl send me prints and they don't arrive next day do I slag them off??? No, they cannot control the post.

Do u have any idea how companies work. Even if amazon chase it will not suddenly turn up 2 hours later, let alone someone much smaller.

I worked for a very small company years ago in are busy times,i have worked all night to get things out,and made delivery up to 11 at night so they have got their things on the day we promise them.

Must admit they've usually been very good and often send e-mail or text before delivery. however, Yodel....................:razz:

Yodel are shocking! Left my boyfriends mac book air just on the door step...no one signed for it nothing! Appalling!

Can completely understand your frustration Simon, and yes as you say MPB do choose the delivery company, but I'm damn sure they don't select the delivery personnel themselves, which it seems in this case this problem is down to. So its a bit unfair you pointing fingers at MPB, when they seem to be trying to get it sorted for you. I'm sure there are many other people out there that are having the same issues and if not worse issues!

I'm sure they will try their best to get things sorted out for you!

Maybe time to pick your toys up and put them back in your pram? :bonk:

Lorna

Back