Be careful of the courier who deliver for MPB

Simon it's really disappointing when something like this happens and if it was MPB's own delivery service I would agree with you but realistically there is no way that MPB can make the delivery right if someone else controls it ... they can only try to resolve it.
They may review their delivery arrangements but that won't help you and it certainly wouldn't guarantee the next company they used would never foul up!

Yodel are shocking! Left my boyfriends mac book air just on the door step...no one signed for it nothing! Appalling!

Can completely understand your frustration Simon, and yes as you say MPB do choose the delivery company, but I'm damn sure they don't select the delivery personnel themselves, which it seems in this case this problem is down to. So its a bit unfair you pointing fingers at MPB, when they seem to be trying to get it sorted for you. I'm sure there are many other people out there that are having the same issues and if not worse issues!

I'm sure they will try their best to get things sorted out for you!

Maybe time to pick your toys up and put them back in your pram? :bonk:

Lorna

I will try and get my toys back in the pram :D

Simon it's really disappointing when something like this happens and if it was MPB's own delivery service I would agree with you but realistically there is no way that MPB can make the delivery right if someone else controls it ... they can only try to resolve it.
They may review their delivery arrangements but that won't help you and it certainly wouldn't guarantee the next company they used would never foul up!

Thanks Gramps it wasn't a 100% go at MPB,more that no one seem to know where my parcel is all i know its in someone outside cupboard,plus its been raining here most of the day.

Plus a couple of weeks ago had a power amp deliver all smashed up, i got my money back in the end,but i lost out £30 to sent it back :(

We would like to confirm that we have spoken with Simon and DPD several times this afternoon regarding the issue with this delivery.

As has been said already the courier company that we use is DPD. Generally speaking they are extremely good, and certainly much better than the alternative companies - all of whom we have tried in the past. Unfortunately, we cannot control or predict the individual actions of every single driver across the country and today the driver delivering Simon's parcel has made a clear and obvious error.

Simon - we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience that this has has caused you today. As you are aware we spent a long time on the phone to DPD trying to get the driver to return but it was too late in the day for this to happen today.

It is priority number one to get this sorted for you first thing tomorrow. If in the meantime you are able to make contact with your neighbour where it has been incorrectly delivered and left this may assist.

Whatever the outcome you will not be out of pocket and I can assure you that this will be resolved to your satisfaction tomorrow. You can expect a swift update in the morning.

Thank you.

MPB

We would like to confirm that we have spoken with Simon and DPD several times this afternoon regarding the issue with this delivery.

As has been said already the courier company that we use is DPD. Generally speaking they are extremely good, and certainly much better than the alternative companies - all of whom we have tried in the past. Unfortunately, we cannot control or predict the individual actions of every single driver across the country and today the driver delivering Simon's parcel has made a clear and obvious error.

Simon - we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience that this has has caused you today. As you are aware we spent a long time on the phone to DPD trying to get the driver to return but it was too late in the day for this to happen today.

It is priority number one to get this sorted for you first thing tomorrow. If in the meantime you are able to make contact with your neighbour where it has been incorrectly delivered and left this may assist.

Whatever the outcome you will not be out of pocket and I can assure you that this will be resolved to your satisfaction tomorrow. You can expect a swift update in the morning.

Thank you.

MPB

:clap:

Well done MPB. Shame Simon had to come on here and slag you off. And if it is a neighbour in close proximity, why not just go and speak to them and collect it, Simon?

Well done MPB. Shame Simon had to come on here and slag you off. And if it is a neighbour in close proximity, why not just go and speak to them and collect it, Simon?

Common sense and all that. Well done mbp, although I too would be wary about ordering from you as it rained today and that must be your fault too. ;)

I have tried no one at home,and i am not 100% sure thats where it is all i know is that it was left in an outside cupboard thats what the tracking says.
As i have said before i do not blame MPB 100%,and what wrong with complaining from one or two post on this thread people have had problem with delivery,did they complain or just accept it if so thats maybe why theses delivery company get away with it time after time.

And just say its in my neighbour cupboard i only put that forward because we have the same number mine court his is lane,and as i told MPB theses people can go away for weeks at a time,plus i am not going to be around much tomorrow,MPB will be closed from Saturday till next Tuesday so if they cant retrieved tomorrow what then.

I also said MPB did try but at the end of the day,but theses company do rely on these company to make their delivery and maybe they should start giving theses company hell and to pick their act up.
Maybe i was brought up in a different times in all the jobs i have had, i have got hell when i make a balls up,try the army for a few years 7 days in the glasshouse and on firewatch for getting back to camp an hour late.

Nice post MPB :)

It's not nice when things like this happen & they do happen on a daily basis without doubt. I do feel for you Simon.

I've only dealt with MPB twice. Once because I wanted to deal my 24-105L for a 17-40L but they didn't offer me a good enough deal IMO - Which is fine because they are obviously running a business for profit. Two weeks ago I ordered a Canon 60/2.8 macro for a birthday present on the Tuesday online & it was delivered before 9am on the Wednesday :)

Common sense and all that. Well done mbp, although I too would be wary about ordering from you as it rained today and that must be your fault too. ;)

Grow up,all i was saying it in an outside cupboard it been raining here most of the day and tonight,would you leave your gear in a outside cupboard all day and night in the rain,when you don't know how waterproof it is,and i still dont know when it will be retrieved :razz:

Thanks Gramps it wasn't a 100% go at MPB,more that no one seem to know where my parcel is all i know its in someone outside cupboard,plus its been raining here most of the day.

Plus a couple of weeks ago had a power amp deliver all smashed up, i got my money back in the end,but i lost out £30 to sent it back :(

Hi all

Yes, I am sure we have all suffered at the hands of an individual delivery drivers "issues" but I have underlined something that the OP said and this is somewhat disconnected even with MPB posting where the inference is that the OP has been told just where it is..........................for all he apparently knows it could be in the next town if the Postcode was misread by the driver or mis-entered in the courier chain???

FWIW I had a parcel supposed to be delivered by 12 midday and it turned up at 1:45pm I signed and then reported it to the supplier who I have used a few times. They refunded me the difference between 'normal' service and the pre 12midday which was correct & great but I pushed to see the PoD and the signature was a fake & the timestamp said 11:58am :nono: To this day I have not had a requested explanation for the this mis-representational act verging on fraud by the driver & the courier company :( Will I use the company again, yes for sure but the actions of the courier company left a sour taste in the mouth!

Thank you.

MPB

Thanks for replying to my thread,but as i told you today i won't around much tomorrow,i am only hoping its with the people over the road,because its happen before,but still not 100% sure all i know its in a outside cupboard somewhere,and theses people can go away for weeks you will be closed over the bank holiday weekend till tuesday,sorry but i am not very happy about the way your delivery company have dealt with this :(

Well, I'd be very happy to deal with MPB after the demonstration of their obvious excellent attitude - to order something to arrive so close to a bank holiday is probably pushing your luck anyway (just in case of the annoying mishaps that can sometimes happen with couriers).
MPB have come to the wicket in a very upfront and honourable way, and have shown their willingness to do all they can to sort matters out for you - to go on wingeing and slagging them off is really isn't on, they are doing their best, but they don't have a magic wand.........

Simon I might be missing something here but like you say its in a cupboard somewhere?
you say it has happend before that parcels have been left in this cupboard.
If the courier guy could leave it in the cupboard why not just go and have a look in their cupboard yourself, it must be open if he has done it and see if it is there.
If you have already done this then ok but you have not mentioned it as of yet.

Simon I might be missing something here but like you say its in a cupboard somewhere?
you say it has happend before that parcels have been left in this cupboard.
If the courier guy could leave it in the cupboard why not just go and have a look in their cupboard yourself, it must be open if he has done it and see if it is there.
If you have already done this then ok but you have not mentioned it as of yet.

Read post 48 & 52

A company called DPD a big :thumbsdown:

MPB aside whenever I've had anything from DPD it's been great - get an email saying what day, then on the morning get a text narrowing it down to about an hour long window and they've never been more than 5 minutes into that hour when the item has arrived.

Seeing someone using DPD as their courier makes me more likely to use them

Read post 48 & 52

but if it fits into the 'cupboard', it must be able to come out again :thinking:

Instead of immediately hitting the Internet with an unwarranted rant, have you considered going to your neighbour and asking for your delivery?

:plus1:
Or DPD might be able to tell you where your lens is and you could collect it from there.

Well not heard from MPB yet,tried my the person who i think may have still not sure but know one answering the door.

Back on the phone again :(

As far as I have been informed, MPB are a top notch company to deal with. I have used DPD many times without any issues.

It is a shame that you have felt it right to have a go at MPB on here. It's not their fault as they don't run the courier company!

Lets hope it gets sorted today but that would be expecting quite a lot as depends where the item is etc etc.

Simon - I can understand your frustration, but perhaps you could suggest what exactly you expect MPB to do? They've already done more than Amazon ever have for me when something's late - and Amazon are normally considered one of the best online companies for service.

As has been said, they don't run the courier company, so they don't have direct contact or control over the driver. Short of sending one of their staff out from Brighton to break into the cupboard to retrieve your parcel, how exactly could they do more? Even if they threatened DPD with the disproportionate threat of removing the contract, that's not going to make DPD's vans any quicker, even if such a threat was taken seriously (unlikely as DPD are a larger company than MPB).

Consider this a lesson learned - even 1-day delivery sometimes takes longer, and you need to leave more time if it's critical for a specific event. I know it's frustrating, but these things do happen from time to time and it's not life-or-death.

And don't worry about the rain - it's not your stuff until it's delivered. If it's damaged, that's MPB's problem.

As far as I have been informed, MPB are a top notch company to deal with. I have used DPD many times without any issues.

It is a shame that you have felt it right to have a go at MPB on here. It's not their fault as they don't run the courier company!

Lets hope it gets sorted today but that would be expecting quite a lot as depends where the item is etc etc.

Read the whole thing my main go was at DPD,as for DPD just spoke to MPB they think they know where my parcel is,but have refused to try and retrieve it today , so MPB have payed them to try and get retrieve today.

And yes i do have a right to complain about a service,but that the great British way stiff upper lip don't complain :thumbsdown:

1) Seems that MPB are fully engaged in "owning the problem" so hopefully a happy outcome for the OP in the end.

2) In regard to DPD ~ the fact that their driver left a parcel requiring a signature in an unsecure location and DPD seemed unwilling or unable (the OP presumably via feedback from MPB??? that there is uncertainty as to where the parcel is?) retrieve it in a more timely manner is for MPB a more worrying matter. Yes, no doubt both MPB & DPD are insured against such unsecured losses should it be irretrievable but if "lost" that does not help reduce/relieve the OP's angst about the matter.

Read the whole thing my main go was at DPD,as for DPD just spoke to MPB they think they know where my parcel is,but have refused to try and retrieve it today , so MPB have payed them to try and get retrieve today.

And yes i do have a right to complain about a service,but that the great British way stiff upper lip don't complain :thumbsdown:

With respect the thread title hardly helps, and for anyone having a cursory glance could potentially bring unwarranted negativity towards MPB, for no good reason.

You've not really answered the question many have asked, what do you realistically expect MPB to do?

We would like to provide a further update to this thread.

We have had continued discussions this morning with DPD and with Simon.

The crux of this issue is that the camera has been delivered to a secure cupboard (next to the front door of a neighbour - a cupboard used for deliveries) and currently that neighbour is not at home.

The confusion occurred on delivery because the addresses are very similar and indeed Simon has confirmed this is not the first time that this has happened with previous deliveries having ended up at the same neighbours address and cupboard.

The location of the cupboard is known precisely and is extremely close to Simon's home.

We have requested DPD to return today but ultimately, unfortunately, we do have to wait until the neighbour is at home to retrieve the parcel. We appreciate this is frustrating for Simon but currently we do have to wait.

Whilst we will be closing for the bank holiday tonight we will not be abandoning this issue when we shut up for the weekend and we will continue to monitor this thread to ensure that the parcel is hopefully successfully retrieved over the weekend when the neighbour will (fingers crossed) be at home.

In the extremely unlikely event that the parcel is not retrieved by Simon then a full refund would be issued, but at this stage we do feel this outcome is unlikely given the parcel was incorrectly delivered to a neighbour and the location of this has been confirmed.

Thank you,

MPB

There's complaints and there's whining. I feel that you're doing the latter. The title of your thread attacks MPB and not the parcel company. Maybe it should have said do not use DPD rather than avoid using MPB.

MPB have been more than hospitable with your demands though it seems this is not the first time that one of your parcels have gone awol by your own admission. Maybe sort this issue out before going on a bashing spree?

With respect the thread title hardly helps, and for anyone having a cursory glance could potentially bring unwarranted negativity towards MPB, for no good reason.

Not to mention the potential for internet search engine "hits" which could put prospective purchasers off doing business with MPB. :shake:

This is purely the fault of DPD. I think that online purchases and deliveries are so smooth these days and effortless that people forget there is still some risk involved - a chance of loss, delay, incorrect delivery. And that's all that has happened.

Sure, it sucks that it happened. Knee jerk reactions are so often through frustration - and it is frustrating. But MPB did what they could given the situation, with delivery companies there is always a delay between an incorrect delivery and the ability to find out information that resolves it (all the calling in the world doesn't bring the driver any closer to returning to the depot, if he is on his rounds).

Your comments continuously talk about MPB being closed for the bank holiday, as if they were the only ones in the country taking the Bank Holiday off...!

I would go rip the cupboard door off and retrieve it myself. Then DPD can pay for the cost of repair

Would you expect them to pay the fine for criminal damage too?

Which would give you a criminal record too.

S

gary996 said:
I would go rip the cupboard door off and retrieve it myself. Then DPD can pay for the cost of repair

Possibly, but it would be you being prosecuted for criminal damage. Idiot.

How did the driver get the camera into this "secure cupboard" in the first place? I guess it's in there because the neighbour wasn't in. If that is the case and the exact location is known why can't anyone just go and open it rather than wait for them to get back?

Funny this thread. I've had issues with DPD once or twice myself. Usually it is in the forum of them not actually knocking at the door when someone was in the house, but instead putting a card through the letter box indicating that I could ring to arrange a different delivery time or pay for "enhanced" delivery at a cost of £10-£20 or what ever.

MPB have always been fine however.

Wow, what a thread, if we all slagged off sellers due to using a courier/delivery firm for every occasion a parcel/package goes astray/delayed etc. there wouldnt be a company out there that was not criticised

Lets get real, this isnt even a long delay, it isnt a damaged/lost parcel, it is only an error that the parcel was put in the wrong place, yes its inconvenient but blaming MPB (who IMHO appear to have taken on far more than frankly they should have) in trying to resolve this is absolutely ridiculous and the title/suggestion of the thread is bordering on defamation in my view.

I also agree with most posters that DPD are by far the best of the courier companies considering how bad Yodel/HDNL and *****ty link are!

Not to mention the potential for internet search engine "hits" which could put prospective purchasers off doing business with MPB. :shake:

Agree with this. If the OPs problem really is with DPD and not MPB (even though this position only seems to have changed after other members have pointed out that this isn't really MPBs fault, then I would suggest that the thread title is changed immediately.

Last edited:
Look at it from my point of view,would have anybody involved MPB or DPD have bother so much if I had not started this thread,I don't about you lot but I can't afford to write the amount paid for this camera.
Before this thread the only person I had spoke to was a lady on the phone,I have no e.mail from MPB or DPD to confirm my position about this item.

I will say the main blame lies with DPD,but also as MPB were the suppliers the only recourse I have is with them :shrug:

What else can I do nothing just wait and hope my parcel turn up :thinking:

No one is saying it was wrong to be proactive, more that being proactive can only get you so far when the information at the time is just not yet available between the two companies.

Additionally, until you flagged it up, DPD and driver would've assumed the parcel was correctly delivered!

Last edited:
Back