Lornamowers TP52 - Old, Captive and Miniature Added

Welcome to the party:banana:

Old: Lovely close up image fits the theme for me

Captive: A nice image a shame the eyes aren't the main point of focus rather then the nose (unless this is what you wanted of course) nice depth of field

Miniature: Fits the theme perfectly the DOF is great giving just a hint of the background

Hi Lorna,
Did you get your flickr/phone issue fixed?

Old - Nice sharp focus on the eye (y)
Captive - Well it was going to be near impossible to get focus on the eye on that shot. Looks less captive and more about to run off. Cute little fella.
Minionature - Your horizon is wonky... Only kidding ;) Couple of thoughts.. 1. You could have a play with saturation/hue sliders to make the yellow pop more, 2. The composition is very central, there is (in my opinion only) a crop (or maybe a recomposition) in there.

As you're happy for edits of your shots, if you want I could have a play and post up my thoughts...

Captive - Well it was going to be near impossible to get focus on the eye on that shot. Looks less captive and more about to run off. Cute little fella.
Minionature - Couple of thoughts.. 1. You could have a play with saturation/hue sliders to make the yellow pop more, 2. The composition is very central, there is (in my opinion only) a crop (or maybe a recomposition) in there.

I agree with all of this, particularly regarding the week 3 shot.

Animals aren't the easiest thing to shoot so well done on the first two.

Hi Lorna, welcome to the 52.

Old - Lovely image, nice focus.
Captive - I actually like the focus on the nose and whiskers, makes the image stand out from the usual.
Miniature - Nice fun image for the theme.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the 52.

Well done on the catch up Lorna. All three shots are lovely - my fave is Captive with those whiskers marking the boundaries of the frame - nicely composed, sharp nose but lovely soft feel otherwise created by the DoF. Beautiful.

Hi Lorna,
Did you get your flickr/phone issue fixed?

Minionature - Your horizon is wonky... Only kidding ;) Couple of thoughts.. 1. You could have a play with saturation/hue sliders to make the yellow pop more, 2. The composition is very central, there is (in my opinion only) a crop (or maybe a recomposition) in there.

As you're happy for edits of your shots, if you want I could have a play and post up my thoughts...

I agree with all of this, particularly regarding the week 3 shot.

Animals aren't the easiest thing to shoot so well done on the first two.

Hi Lorna, welcome to the 52.

Old - Lovely image, nice focus.
Captive - I actually like the focus on the nose and whiskers, makes the image stand out from the usual.
Miniature - Nice fun image for the theme.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the 52.
Thank you guys :), I do want to have a bit of a play around with the shots I've posted, didn't get much time as tried to get them all sorted to catch up! To be honest Im still getting to grips with the way elements is on my mac, the new photos app (why did they get rid of iphoto!?!:mooning:) and also flickr is frazzling my brain, feel like my skills are way back and worse than they were before I started my photography A level.

Ill have a mess around and update them soon :)

Flickr Issue is kind of sorted, I just selected all unwanted photos and deleted them, bit worried to upload from mac again, as it uploaded lots of photos from phone back ups from years ago, even ones that had been deleted :pompous: cant seem to find the uploadr option someone was talking about - we will see how it goes!

Hi Lorna, good start to your 52 I too like the captive image the focus is unusual but works for me, Miniature looks a little soft to me and needs a little brightening

Old - Lovely shot beautiful dog.
Captive - My favorite of the three I like the focus on the nose and whiskers
Miniature - background fits the character fun picture

3 nice pictures love the close up of the dog, and captive great shot love the colour in the background makes the little fella stand out, Miniture very creative works for me.(y)

Hi Lorna, some good shots there.

Nice entry shot of your dog - looks like (s)he is lying on grass with the colour of that rug. You could get the mower out (boom boom)...

I really really like captive. For me it's brilliant to see a macro where the focal point is not the eye for good reason - this is spot on. The whiskers (which are arguably as/more important for them as eyes are) are pin sharp, as is the nose. This just makes sense to me and I really like it.

Miniature is a nice idea, but a couple of thoughts: a smaller aperture perhaps to get all of the minion in focus and then an exposure boost to lift the colour and luminance - it looks a touch muddy with the underexposure to me. I really like the scene though and as with #2, the thought process is great.

Great start and looking forward to more of yours.

Back