Black And White Portrait Thread

I think this is thread of the month and it's only the 1st day :LOL:

And another one of my faves from my travels.

MG_09621.jpg

Last edited:
it would seem rude not to add some, even if they aren't up to scratch with some of these :)

8462399594_174de8ee97_z.jpg

8689268179_ed5ccf2e4f_z.jpg

9273106490_0ee3e16fee_z.jpg

Great idea for a thread Dean!

I particularly like Deans shot of the children Kissing, Greg's shot of the little girl (post 44) & Shaheed's 'Redeye' and 'Hoodie'. Shaheed, I wish you'd framed 'I am not yours' better as it's fab otherwise.

Here's one I took at a wedding back in May:-

9424307698_9a02220162_b.jpg

Gemma

Great idea for a thread Dean!

I particularly like Deans shot of the children Kissing, Greg's shot of the little girl (post 44) & Shaheed's 'Redeye' and 'Hoodie'. Shaheed, I wish you'd framed 'I am not yours' better as it's fab otherwise.

Here's one I took at a wedding back in May:-

Gemma

Thanks Ryan - I agree about the framing - I like the shot but was annoyed at the same time - trying to get better at reviewing as I shoot and composition/framing!

SOOOOO many good shots on here!

S

Please keep posting, this is the first thread I look at.

I showed my daughter today and she was stunned at so many great photos, her fav is Dean's the little ones kiss on the tree stump

H

Argh.....I'm itching to get some more B&W portraits done but chat at the mo due to no subjects and pesky work!!

Old ones

MillerTime by Sir SR, on Flickr

DSC_0041-3 by Sir SR, on Flickr

Won't be able to shoot til Monday and this thread makes me want to shoot sooner!

S

There's some beautiful shots in this thread already. Absolutely gorgeous!

What FL are you all using generally. If you don't mind me asking that is?

I'm looking for a lens to go with my 135 for portraits and really don't know what to choose :)

Let me recommend the Canon 851.2,expensive but worth it,mine is on the camera 90% of the time (y)

Ah. Another spanner in the works! :)
Everyone in my thread over in equipment have tried pushing me the Sigma way over this lens!
Thanks for the reply Starrider.

There's some beautiful shots in this thread already. Absolutely gorgeous!

What FL are you all using generally. If you don't mind me asking that is?

I'm looking for a lens to go with my 135 for portraits and really don't know what to choose :)

Sorry I am a bit late with this! I use the 70-200 f4 L at the moment and absolutely love it for portraits. Before I discovered this lens the 50mm 1.4 (Sigma) lived on the camera! :D

Back