Bloody Nikon - or is it Bill Gates??!!

Ned

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm sure this has been discussed a million times below. But I sorted this one out myself & am feeling incredibly smug. Vista photoscreensaver stopped working a while back. It's grand on the preview, but doesn't kick in as normal. It's all down to my new D300s. If you shoot in NEF, you'll need to update the NEF codec to 1.9. Do that and it all starts working a treat again... It seems that photoscreensaver gets very upset if it sees an image file it can't handle & simply refuses to play ball.

Dohh!!

:bang::bang:

win7 for the win. its not just nikon, canon RAW is the same without an update

Why on earth would you use unprocessed NEFs on your screensaver?

I'm so fed up with Windows Vista, I'm seriously considering doing precisely that when my PC next comes up for renewal.

give win 7 a try, so much better than vista

Shoot in raw and .jpeg, anything special you have the raw to play with, all the rest is in .jpeg requiring no PP (y)

I have only just started shooting raw because elements 8 processes it without plug in's that I could never set up :nuts:.it eats memory,but might just go to raw and jpeg.(y)

Shoot in raw and .jpeg, anything special you have the raw to play with, all the rest is in .jpeg requiring no PP (y)

I do that now on the GF1, as the film mode in camera processing isnt applied to RAW's, just the jpgs. So i shoot both.

Back