British Superbikes Round 2 and 3

Name
Glen
Edit My Images
No
Few from rounds two and three of BSB.

Due to work i only attended Oulton for one day but managed two days and just short of 30k steps at Donington to make up for it.
Picked up another 1 series camera as a backup to the R3 as my poor old 7D MKII gave up after many years of service.
Must say considering what i originally paid for a 1DX MKII when they first came out value for money wise now they are great if you find a good one.
Anyway Oulton will be a bit of a Josh fest as he still is my main rider in the championship.

Oulton Park Round 2

1/
0O3A0065-XL.jpg

2/
0O3A0249-XL.jpg

3/
0O3A0464-XL.jpg

4/
0O3A0288-XL.jpg

5/
0O3A6853-XL.jpg

6/
0O3A8841-XL.jpg

Round 3 Donington

7/
0O3A3645-XL.jpg

8/
0O3A2934-XL.jpg

9/
0O3A5428-XL.jpg

10/
A22I8936-XL.jpg

11/
A22I9453-XL.jpg

12/
0O3A0333-XL.jpg

13/
0O3A6480-XL.jpg

14/
0O3A9152-XL.jpg

Many thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Nice little break now for me as still never been out to cover the TT and traveling up to Knockhill just isnt cost effective so my next one will be Brands for Round 5.

Last edited:
Fantastic shots! I got a free hire of an R3 for the weekend from Canon test drive, and tried it with bikes at Knockhill. Took quite a bit of getting used to and much experimenting with settings including dialling it down to 3fps to avoid taking too many :D

Many thanks everyone and surprisingly #10 is one of the shots that never actually sells and was taken on the good old 1DX MKII.

Never worked out why but the slower pans never seem to attract much attention and was plesently surprised they seem a lot easier to nail with the 1DX MKII than the R3.

A22I8926-XL.jpg

A22I0616-XL.jpg

A22I9145-XL.jpg

Many thanks everyone and surprisingly #10 is one of the shots that never actually sells and was taken on the good old 1DX MKII.

Never worked out why but the slower pans never seem to attract much attention and was plesently surprised they seem a lot easier to nail with the 1DX MKII than the R3.

I was using my 1DX II and free trial R3 at the weekend and managed to get a few slower pans with the R3. What I found was with the 1DX, I kept the static focus point over part of the bike or rider and got a reasonable hit rate. With the R3, trying the same technique, the subject tracking keeps the focus point over the target, even though your tracking speed doesn't match and you get a false impression you are tracking the bike at the correct speed. I switched off subject tracking on the R3 and found I got more consistent results. I think I would just need to trust the R3 has the nailed the focus, and frame using the whole image in the viewfinder rather then keeping my eye on where the focus point is which is a slightly different technique.

I was using my 1DX II and free trial R3 at the weekend and managed to get a few slower pans with the R3. What I found was with the 1DX, I kept the static focus point over part of the bike or rider and got a reasonable hit rate. With the R3, trying the same technique, the subject tracking keeps the focus point over the target, even though your tracking speed doesn't match and you get a false impression you are tracking the bike at the correct speed. I switched off subject tracking on the R3 and found I got more consistent results. I think I would just need to trust the R3 has the nailed the focus, and frame using the whole image in the viewfinder rather then keeping my eye on where the focus point is which is a slightly different technique.
Have used single point A/F most of the time on the R3 since picking it up when they first came out, subject tracking has its uses on very few occasions to be honest as even if you alter custom functions for A/F to ignore other objects it switches unlike the 1DX MKII.
My problem and also other motorsport togs i know is more the delay in the EVF as even though it is extremely slight it still manages to throw you out the window from time to time.

Great set. The green eyed monster is definitely kicking in more these days when I see all these shots from trackside :LOL:

Back