Bruja's (Themed) 52 2010 Update

At a first glance the note reflection confused me, it appeared to split into two cylinders at the end. I like the 'speed', the focus on these with the dragged out edges being sharp looks good.

That looks a lot more like real speed than the stuff I used! ;)

As always, Jill - it's spot on, and I love the composition and reflections. I never thought of this interpretation of Speed (I must be very innocent! :D)

Even the border add impact to this one - it's very effective and suits the photo.

:clap::clap::clap:

Jean

Well Jean, as I live in one of the slowest places in the world my only other interpretation was a man on a donkey :LOL:

At a first glance the note reflection confused me, it appeared to split into two cylinders at the end. I like the 'speed', the focus on these with the dragged out edges being sharp looks good.

Thanks very much (y)

That looks a lot more like real speed than the stuff I used! ;)

Thanks Dean, I think yours is the better picture though ;)

Great shots Jill,

I see you are another one with the drugs theme this week, what substance did you use as it looks well dirty :) Or is this a case of a bit of PP to make the colours a bit less pure?

How did you hold the note is such a neat roll, was it sellotape like I did or have you found a much more elegant way of doing it?

A really good shot and the border sets it off beautifully

Thanks Darren (y)

Great shots Jill,

I see you are another one with the drugs theme this week, what substance did you use as it looks well dirty :) Or is this a case of a bit of PP to make the colours a bit less pure? PP, never ;). It's a very slightly off white artist's crayon and I used a nutmeg grater so it looked a bit 'rough' too

How did you hold the note is such a neat roll, was it sellotape like I did or have you found a much more elegant way of doing it? Pritt stick, and it's easy to get off as well :D

just catching up, so havn't seen the other drug related ones, must admit, did think about something similar for the poty comp, but wasn't brave enough, love yours though, much much better than anything i could have acheived:)(y)(y)

Well done Jean, the imagination is working overtime.
Jon

:thinking: I thought I was being really quirky and different when I did this. :bang: Seems like quite a few of us were thinking on the same lines though (excuse the pun)
In fact I have one with an almost identical composition to yours that I almost used :LOL:

In absolutely no way does it take away from it being a good shot though - and your grated crayon is just brilliant. It's got a really authentic look to it. Far better than my self raising flour.

Stunning image Jill... Spot on composition and the reflections really add to it... I'm in the same camp as Jean here, this interpretation never occurred to me..

One thing that I'm finding slightly worrying is the number of people that seem to know how authentic these images look :LOL:

just catching up, so havn't seen the other drug related ones, must admit, did think about something similar for the poty comp, but wasn't brave enough, love yours though, much much better than anything i could have acheived:)(y)(y)

Thank you, you're very kind to say that.

Well done Jean, the imagination is working overtime.
Jon

Thanks Jon and nice to hear from you again

:thinking: I thought I was being really quirky and different when I did this. :bang: Seems like quite a few of us were thinking on the same lines though (excuse the pun)
In fact I have one with an almost identical composition to yours that I almost used :LOL:

In absolutely no way does it take away from it being a good shot though - and your grated crayon is just brilliant. It's got a really authentic look to it. Far better than my self raising flour.

Thanks very much Sarah

Stunning image Jill... Spot on composition and the reflections really add to it... I'm in the same camp as Jean here, this interpretation never occurred to me..

One thing that I'm finding slightly worrying is the number of people that seem to know how authentic these images look :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I looked it up on t'internet

Excellent composition and lighting and the border sets it all off beautifully. (y)

Well, it's Valentine's day or as they say in Spain El Dia de San Valentín :D

So, what do you give the man who has everything?

Well this is what I came up with :naughty:

PRESENT​

4355335245_49b96ab236_o.jpg

Well MrB :love: it, and at 54 I'm quite happy with it too ;)

Stunning that Lady!

Good on you for having the confidence and skill to post such a good SP.

Huge respect and I hope this is off to Bettys Natural Beauty thread.

Well done (y) :clap:

Awesome! I'm nearly falling off the chair with all the theme nudes this week :LOL: .... and I like it :naughty::LOL:

Oh, and re the street shot, that's even more awesome now that you say no crop. Excellently composed, really well done (y)

Stunning that Lady! Thank you very much :D

Good on you for having the confidence and skill to post such a good SP.

Huge respect and I hope this is off to Bettys Natural Beauty thread. I've just done that ;)

Well done (y) :clap:

Awesome! I'm nearly falling off the chair with all the theme nudes this week :LOL: .... and I like it :naughty::LOL:

Oh, and re the street shot, that's even more awesome now that you say no crop. Excellently composed, really well done (y)

Thanks KG. Glad you like it :naughty:

Stunning! and well done for having the courage / confidence in yourself to post it !

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lovely self portrait for poem suits B&W, out of my depth with poems though unless they are rude :D

I'm glad you explained what I'm looking at, cracking shot full of texture and very sharpe.

That's a face that looks like he knows how to barter for street

Popular theme for speed, what does that say about TPers :naughty:. Well excecuted shot.

Present......:notworthy::notworthy: like the tattoo's as well, are we a closet rebel?

:clap:

I'm shocked :eek: :D

Most of us find it hard to stick our faces in front of the camera but you are one brave lady to do this. Very well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jill - what a beautiful photo - you should be very proud of this one. :love:

Well done you! :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Well done Jill.

I'm always a fan of your SPs - you do them so well, but you've outdone yourself with this one.

Not only is it very brave, it's also very well executed.
The red background is perfect for Valentine's day and it works really well to enhance your skin tones too.

You (and Mr B) should be very proud of this one!

:clap::clap::clap: Very well done Jill... Everything about it works well.

Jill, that is amazing. It's a wonderful photo and a very clever idea. Well done.

Jenny

thanks Jenny (y)

Stunning! and well done for having the courage / confidence in yourself to post it !

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Not so much courage needed now. The ones I found most difficult were the facial ones as I was always a person who hated having her photo taken. Maybe it's because I've got control of the process now and I can 'direct' myself. It's very liberating :D

Lovely self portrait for poem suits B&W, out of my depth with poems though unless they are rude :D

I'm glad you explained what I'm looking at, cracking shot full of texture and very sharpe.

That's a face that looks like he knows how to barter for street

Popular theme for speed, what does that say about TPers :naughty:. Well excecuted shot.

Present......:notworthy::notworthy: like the tattoo's as well, are we a closet rebel? Er, well, I've only got 7 :LOL:, and I got them in my 40's so more like a pre menopausal rebel. That's when I learned to ride a motor bike too :naughty:

:clap:

I'm shocked :eek: :D

Most of us find it hard to stick our faces in front of the camera but you are one brave lady to do this. Very well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well it's only a body, we've all got one :D

What a great self-portrait! Well done :)

Thanks very much

Amazing shot, well done

Thanks

Jill - what a beautiful photo - you should be very proud of this one. :love:

Well done you! :clap:

I am proud of it, and if Gok asked me if I looked good naked I'd say YEEEEES

:clap: :clap: :clap: Well done Jill.

I'm always a fan of your SPs - you do them so well, but you've outdone yourself with this one. Thanks Sarah

Not only is it very brave, it's also very well executed. It's not brave really, it's only skin after all :D
The red background is perfect for Valentine's day and it works really well to enhance your skin tones too.

You (and Mr B) should be very proud of this one!

It was a surprise for him as I set it up when he was in the shed carving, and he loves it.

:clap::clap::clap: Very well done Jill... Everything about it works well.

Thanks John

wow, stunnning SP.. very nicely done indeed.. bravo!

Thanks Michelle.

I'm amazed at what a positive reaction it has received :notworthy:

Wow, wow, wow - Jill! :clap: :clap::clap::clap:

Excellent SP, brilliant piece of modelling, what more can I say? Oh yes - brave you - 7 tattoos. :eek: I think needles should be things you search for in haystacks, not stick in skin - I'm such a coward. :shake:

I should thing Reg was delighted with his Valentine's Day present. :)

Jean

Wow, wow, wow - Jill! :clap: :clap::clap::clap:

Excellent SP, brilliant piece of modelling, what more can I say? :nuts: :nuts: Oh yes - brave you - 7 tattoos. :eek: I think needles should be things you search for in haystacks, not stick in skin - I'm such a coward. :shake:

Ah but I was an acupuncturist as well so many probably saw it as a taste of what was done to them :D

I should thing Reg was delighted with his Valentine's Day present. :)

Oh yes, he's got it pinned up in his shed (sorry, workshop), at least I think that's what you wanted to know :naughty:

Jean

Wow excellent shot and fantastic present, well done you

Thanks very much wilmorh

I think for that post your little quip under your username should be changed to "Los cojones (muy grande) del perro" - Mods please note!

Really good artistic pic......... spot on with lighting etc and yuo look happy and comfortable there............ and for having "los cojones" to bung it up on the web for all to look at - well done, that Lady.

Back