Calling all Sony Alpha users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad start to the week. Yesterday I picked up my new tripod, a Manfrotto 190XPROB with an 804RC2 head and carry case from Digital Depot and saved £20 as they had it as a package deal! :woot:

Then, 10 minutes ago, a Citylink van pulled up outside with TWO packages for me! The first was my long awaited Sigma 105 back from being repaired. :woot::woot:

The second package was my eagerly awaited Sony 70-200 f2.8 G lens! :woot::woot::woot:

Now, where's my membership card and knitted lens cover! :D

good stuff marc....don't forget to post some sample shots taken with the 70-200 (y)

the wifey is taking orders for the knitted lens cover...:LOL:

Cheers Stan. It really is a thing of beauty, but one thing struck me. It's not actually white! It's more of an off white, but not as dirty looking as those Canon thingies! :D

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for sample picas. Tell wifey not to forget the tassels! :LOL:

Anyone recomend a Sigma supplier in the uk ? looking to buy a 100-300 F4 but had difficulty sourcing Sony fit.

Tried them no stock and cant give del date , everyone has the Canon/Nikon mount but dont seem keen to stock Sony mounts.

Really? it says low stock on their site. Must take time for it to catch up. :thinking:

Have you tried going into a camera shop and asking? There's one not far from me who don't really stock any lenses other than for Canon/Nikon, but If I ask them, they're more than happy to order one for me and they always price match to the web.

i tried everyone for an 100-300 F/4 before going down the 70-200 route...and i was told that sigma UK haven't any in stock,and aren't expecting any until later this year..end nov/beg dec...:bonk:.i think i did see one on flea-bay from hong kong,but i'd already gotten the 70-200..c'est la vie :LOL:

My Sigma APO 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM ended up being non HSM and not even DG :crying: And worse focus was terrible on the 350. Luckily the ebay seller was a good guy and has refund the money for this and the 2x EX convertor. So to chear myself up I had the 2 week old 350 exchanged for a 700. But back to th ezoom hunt. Thinking now the 70300G so I hearby serve notice of my resignation from the white/pink lens club :crying::crying::crying:

Mirror Lock-Up?

It's the same as the A100, cycle through the drive function button and choose the 2-sec timer.
The mirror locks up as soon when you press the shutter button and the exposure begins after 2 seconds.;)

i tried everyone for an 100-300 F/4 before going down the 70-200 route...and i was told that sigma UK haven't any in stock,and aren't expecting any until later this year..end nov/beg dec...:bonk:.i think i did see one on flea-bay from hong kong,but i'd already gotten the 70-200..c'est la vie :LOL:

Well thats a bummer !:puke: Didn"t think it would be this difficult trying to source lenses .

Correction, trying to source a lens. There are loads of lenses out there for the Sony, just happens that the one you want is proving hard to track down at the minute that's all.

Ok I stand corrected :bonk: , but still frustrating when other users are more easily catered for though .

Agreed but there"s nothing comparable in the Sony range is there ?

get the 70-200 F/2.8 G lens plus the 1.4X teleconverter,and it will give you a similar focal length and constant F/4...but at a rather different pricetag...but what a lens,as i think fabs and JPS will agree (y)

Still to test mine out properly, but I'm confident! ;) Did a couple of minor tests today, nothing to strenuous, but.............love the bokeh!! :D

where is the cheapest price for sony alpha a300? thanks

No idea if it's the cheapest (and probably won't be as it's high street), but Jessops were doing them for £299. Might be worth stretching the extra 50 quid or so to the A350 on play.com. Every review i've seen favours the 350.

my daughters friend picked one up with the 18-70 kit lens for £349 from jessops.i couldn't find it anywhere else cheaper for her,but i recon its a good price anyway...

No idea if it's the cheapest (and probably won't be as it's high street), but Jessops were doing them for £299. Might be worth stretching the extra 50 quid or so to the A350 on play.com. Every review i've seen favours the 350.
yep thanks, just read on the forum that only Jessops selling them.

Hey Rodman, dunno if you're interested but i'm thinking of selling my A100 with kit lens for £200. Looking to upgrade and will be listing officially on here next week as I need it for this coming weekend.:shrug:

For everyone else, there may also be a couple of alpha mount lenses and some studio lighting up for grabs. Undecided at mo, watch this space!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back