Calling all Sony Alpha users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
as you only had it today..your excused :LOL:

Just a taster here, still need to get out and test this lens properly. A pic I took this evening of the missus doing something that makes this lens seem dirt cheap!

70200.jpg

Sounds interesting..........

We'll see.

Still deliberating over whether to get an A700 now or wait and see if a successor is announced at Photokina. Decisions, decisions...

Plus I probably should have listed them for sale before you all spent your hard earned on the white stuff!:bonk: (BTW I'm talking about 70-200's rather than anything colombian;))

We'll see.

Still deliberating over whether to get an A700 now or wait and see if a successor is announced at Photokina. Decisions, decisions...

Plus I probably should have listed them for sale before you all spent your hard earned on the white stuff!:bonk: (BTW I'm talking about 70-200's rather than anything colombian;))

Will they announce a successor at Photokina? It's usually about 18 months to 2 years between models so I would guess Focus or more likely the one in Vegas next year (Can never remember the name of it).

They make Colombian 70-200s? :eek:

my first attempts were not anything special,but after a few attempts...you start to get the best out of it..(y)

It always takes me a while to get used to a new lens and this one is very different to what I've used before. For one, I thought the autofocus wasn't working because I couldn't hear it!! :LOL:

isn't the A900 due pretty soon?

You trying to spend my money again? :cautious:

I told you, I'll probably get a second A700 body when the price comes down a bit more. ;)

No idea if it's the cheapest (and probably won't be as it's high street), but Jessops were doing them for £299. Might be worth stretching the extra 50 quid or so to the A350 on play.com. Every review i've seen favours the 350.

Or £50 less and get the a200, depends if you want or need LV.

In the September edition of Digital Camera magazine they tested the a200, a350 & a700 with both the 18-70 and CZ16-80 and the a200 scores more points than the other 2 with both lenses.

yep,it was JPS that started the ball rolling....aren't you glad though,otherwise our better halves would be spending it all :D

Glad I was of service to you all, stopping the 'other 'arf' from spending the house keeping on essential items like tights, make-up, food for the kids and the like.......:naughty:

Has anyone had time to compare the quality of the higher ISO in the new firmware v4 for the A700 yet. I've not got round to checking to be honest just yet.

Actually I've not had time to take many photos this past few weeks at all the truth be known. Still busy finishing off the wedding photos I did a few weeks back and also the weather hasn't been too good has it - except fot the past week.

Has anyone had time to compare the quality of the higher ISO in the new firmware v4 for the A700 yet. I've not got round to checking to be honest just yet.

Actually I've not had time to take many photos this past few weeks at all the truth be known. Still busy finishing off the wedding photos I did a few weeks back and also the weather hasn't been too good has it - except fot the past week.

Nor me. I have had 4 paid shoots over the last week. Yes, I know this is a good thing, but it's left me no time for hobby togging!

Having said that, I was shooting some polo last week at 800 ISI and certainly noticed the difference in being able to turn off the noise reduction in camera. (y)

Actually, I can't think of a use for a 300mm f2.8 at the moment. :thinking:

I bet your Missus would find one if you bought it

:nono::nono::nono::D

just do what most women do like when they suddenly have a new dress,then tell you they've had it for ages :naughty:

My Missus does that all the time...

The bloody stuff she came out with on holiday, clothes I had never seen before. And everytime I commented, it was the same..."I bought it ages ago, you said you didn't really like it so I put it away"

What's not helping is the fact that I can't remember a bloody thing nowadays...

I see the A350 gets a so so review in the new Digital Camera magazine this month. It's not all bad, it even comes out on top of the Canikon models but the ISO noise is still a let down apparently. My brother though is still enjoying his 350.

I see the A350 gets a so so review in the new Digital Camera magazine this month. It's not all bad, it even comes out on top of the Canikon models but the ISO noise is still a let down apparently. My brother though is still enjoying his 350.

i read that review,and i agree that on the higher ISO's(from ISO800 and upwards)there is a lot of noise...an issue sony should target to improve IMO,other than that,i'm well happy with mine*

*until i get the A700 ;)

i read that review,and i agree that on the higher ISO's(from ISO800 and upwards)there is a lot of noise...an issue sony should target to improve IMO,other than that,i'm well happy with mine*

*until i get the A700 ;)

They'll probably release a firmware update in a year to take care of that.;)

So when are you planning on getting the A700?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back