Canada Height MotoX

Name
Peter Rushworth
Edit My Images
No
Last weekend was my first visit to Canada Height to watch the 2 round of the Maxxis ACU British Motocross Championship and saw some great action

IMG_8868copy1.jpg

IMG_7876copy1.jpg

IMG_8909copy1.jpg

IMG_7265copy1.jpg

IMG_7345copy1.jpg

IMG_7442copy1.jpg

Peter

shifting for you, decent set though (y)

Last edited:
Hi pete..........good set of Images from the Motocross at canada Heights.........really enjoyed the day and there was lots of good action........#1 #4 and #6 for me........not easy shooting at Canada heights very busy enviroment and lots going on...........great weather for a change.........we will have to go again!...........Cheers Bazza

"don't go It'll be a horrible day of bikes going around a flat muddy field" the girlfriend said!

Think I'll be showing her this thread tomorrow morning and proving her wrong! It's only 10 minutes away from Brands as well so seeing quality images like this makes me gutted I didn't go!

Great punchy shots, particularly #2.

Nice Pete!

Canada Heights is a superb track - its hard to believe that two of the best circuits for photography in the UK are a stone's throw apart like that but they are...

Adam - your girlfriend is so wrong! Its epic, but for a taster, go to one of the southern MX race meets rather than the Maxxis or Red Bull, the racing is just as good (I'd argue better in a lot of ways) and its really, really cheap to get in.

MX unlike other motorsport doesn't have a big divide between club and national/international levels.

Even the little kids are fantastic to watch.

I really wish more people would get behind it and make it something more than it is in the UK today.

Thanks for the comments, and Canada Heights is a great introduction to motoX, wall to wall action, definitely worth a visit. As for the dust, wasn't too bad, but I'm assuming that last weekend was near perfect conditions for them, been before on a track near Winchester and it can get quite dusty

Hi. Nice shots and lovely day! I wanted to go, but in the end couldn't because of family commitments. Oh well, next time ...

Nice Pete!

Canada Heights is a superb track - its hard to believe that two of the best circuits for photography in the UK are a stone's throw apart like that but they are...

Adam - your girlfriend is so wrong! Its epic, but for a taster, go to one of the southern MX race meets rather than the Maxxis or Red Bull, the racing is just as good (I'd argue better in a lot of ways) and its really, really cheap to get in.

MX unlike other motorsport doesn't have a big divide between club and national/international levels.

Even the little kids are fantastic to watch.

I really wish more people would get behind it and make it something more than it is in the UK today.

I agree! Moto x is fantastic, i grew up going to watch my cousin racing every weekend and spending lots of time at Canada Heights. Now i live in the midlands and trying to find some round here is impossible!

My uncle is heavily involved with sidcup motorcycle club.

Nice shots. Haven't photographed motocross yet, im guessing it's quite hard to get a sharp shot whilst getting some motion in it?

I should probably go to my local MX track that opened a few months ago...

Nice shots. Haven't photographed motocross yet, im guessing it's quite hard to get a sharp shot whilst getting some motion in it? I should probably go to my local MX track that opened a few months ago...

Don't worry about the motion, its like other non-motorsport sport, its all about composition and the position of the rider, freezing the action, capturing the intensity of the moment.

Don't worry about the motion, its like other non-motorsport sport, its all about composition and the position of the rider, freezing the action, capturing the intensity of the moment.

I haven't photographed any non-motorsport sports either :LOL: I'll see if I can make it on the weekend and have a go. Thanks for the advice.

Love every single shot, can I just ask what sort of lens have you used?

Thanks for the comments

Love every single shot, can I just ask what sort of lens have you used?

The lenses were shot 4 and 6 24-105mm f4, shot 5 70-200mm f2.8, shot 2 was a 300mm f4 and shots 1 and 3 was the 300mm f4 with 1.4x TC all on a canon 20D

Nice shots. Haven't photographed motocross yet, im guessing it's quite hard to get a sharp shot whilst getting some motion in it?

I should probably go to my local MX track that opened a few months ago...

It depends where you are and what type of action shots you were taking, but mainly shooting between 1/320 and 1/400 sec

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments, must admit might be photographing more MotoX

Back