canon 1dx a bit quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a pro?

A professional is a person who is paid to undertake a specialized set of tasks and to complete them for a fee.

A professional is a person who is paid to undertake a specialized set of tasks and to complete them for a fee.

...and who derives their main source of income from said tasks.

Some news on Canon rumors that might be reasonable in terms of timing...

"Finally!
I’ve received good info that production samples of the Canon EOS-1D X have begun shipping to preselected lucky photographers.
I’m told it’s for Euro 2012 and Olympic photographers, so they can get familiar with the camera.

Things are still listed as June 2012 for shipping to the rest of us." http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/05/canon-eos-1d-x-has-begun-shipping-to-a-select-few-cr2/

Last edited:
inkiboo would love to hear your feedback on it when you have given it a proper test.

This camera is the only thing stopping me switching to the dark side, and I want it to be good so I get an order in

dodgy white ballance but it looks impresive. hmmm save up or buy other things I want as well???

Just got home and taken a photo at ISO 51200
Will take some more photos tomorrow.

inkiboo - how was your day??

We are very curious!!!
If you get a chance, please put some RAW files available for download... (y):cool:

Looks very good! Thanks for posting (y)

I'm very curious about the RAW files, both at low and high ISO.

Last edited:
Just ordered mine. Im number 6 in a que, which means ill probably get it around christmas 2013.

Many thanks to Ivan who despite an injured hand took the time in writing his thoughts via Pm and Gerard for the recent image uploads.

Lets pray its not a duffer now

Just ordered mine. Im number 6 in a que,

OK I gotta ask..what does this mean? I know what 6th in a que means :) but i dont follow it as in ordering a camera.. you will be 6th person in what que?

5 have ordered before I placed mine - Also my spelling was crap in that post haha!

is it a big store.. as in big company?

tell me about spelling hahaha :)

Ahem, slight issue
Slap on the wrist perhaps?... don't say I did not warn you.... And if I didn't I should have...:bang:

Last edited:
Just ordered mine. Im number 6 in a que, which means ill probably get it around christmas 2013.

Many thanks to Ivan who despite an injured hand took the time in writing his thoughts via Pm and Gerard for the recent image uploads.

Lets pray its not a duffer now

My pleasure or, in this case, pain...:LOL:
Did I mention that with the 1Dx you can now adjust micro focus on zoom lenses at both, wide and tele?...

If you've got a slap on the wrists Gerard you should point to the fact your photos were huge in me hitting the order button.

You didn't mention the micro adjustment but I did read this (maybe on here) which was something I thought was a neat touch, wasn't sure if the 5diii could be set to do this too?

One thing I have not found out is the sync speed for flashes (studio etc) my mkiii is 1/300 obviously this being full frame I suspect it may be back to 1/200 but any info would be useful.

If you've got a slap on the wrists Gerard you should point to the fact your photos were huge in me hitting the order button.

You didn't mention the micro adjustment but I did read this (maybe on here) which was something I thought was a neat touch, wasn't sure if the 5diii could be set to do this too?

One thing I have not found out is the sync speed for flashes (studio etc) my mkiii is 1/300 obviously this being full frame I suspect it may be back to 1/200 but any info would be useful.

According to the 1DX manual the following applies:

"The camera can synchronize with non-Canon compact flash units at 1/250 sec. and slower speeds. With large studio flash units, since the flash duration is longer than compact flash units, set the sync speed within 1/125 sec. to 1/30 sec. ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back