Canon EOS M Series Cameras

£250 if they repeat the deal from Weds, so I suppose not much in it if you source the 18-55 separately, and you're happy with white body of course.

PS i did open the box this morning to check all there. Just about managed to put it all back again, before the wife walked in!

PPS just seen it's £269 according to camerapricebuster, at digital depot. Perhaps worth waiting as may fall further in the new year.

Last edited:
I picked up the 22mm and the canon adapter for just over £100 on eBay by making offers, definitely worth shopping round, although depends what package you want!

It is going back on Amazon as a lightning deal at 4pm.... Temptation! :woot:

I'm pondering whether to buy another one lol, the white version looks sexy :D

Love my Red but would swap the black for white

At £250 for the 22mm kit... its good

3 hours left.

My brother has bought one! (He says)

Steve

Last edited:
Update on Argos deal

They are giving a £10 voucher when you spend over £100 so effectively the M deal comes down to £189.99

Steve

My finger is hovering over the button, just pondering if i can go without food till i get paid :D

Getting more and more tempted! Anyone had any luck with Chinese ebay sellers for the 22mm?

I love the 22mm but currently my 40mm STM is refusing to budge :)

Getting more and more tempted! Anyone had any luck with Chinese ebay sellers for the 22mm?

There are some UK based Chinese retailers, one or two were mentioned earlier in the thread, at least the item is in the UK and with you in a few days by Royal Mail.

From memory, the one I used was called podmantech_uk, I think there were a few others who also bought from him or one of the other UK based HK sellers like @Hugh Jarse

Yes

Difference was they supplied from the Uk. 22mm and Canon adaptor from 2 different suppliers both arrived within 4 days from UK warehouse via Royal Mail. Had £70 22mm listed reduced to £64 using best offer. The OEM Canon adapter is very well made.

Look at the location on the EBay ad. It listed UK source but seller info showed China

Steve

I can vouch for the podmantech eBay seller that people are talking about. I got the 22mm lens and cannon adaptor from them. Was sent from Uk and arrived within couple of days. Made offers on both items.

I love the 22mm but currently my 40mm STM is refusing to budge :)

I use my 40mm STM a lot too. Also the 10-18 STM and 55-250mm STM are particilarly quick and sharp on the M. I also have a mark 1 55-250mm which I used on the M but it seemed very slow to focus compared to the STM version but works pefectly on my 50D. Would be useful if other M users 'reviewed' their lens experiences. I have my eye on s 70-200 f2.8 IS and would be interested in feredback on it being on an M.

With the second M body I keep the 22mm permanently fitted.

The adaptor tripod mount is great for the heavier lenses with my monopod attached.

Steve

I've just purchased the Canon EOS-M today and really looking forward to playing with it, waiting for delivery!
I have a Canon 60D but found I am using it very little these days due to the effort so wanted something to get my photography spirit back!

I purchased it from Argos in white for £199.99 and got a £10 voucher (not sure what to use that on yet though)
Then purchased the 22mm f2 and the canon EF-S to M Adapter as a bundle from a chinese eBay seller (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321531318977) for just £90 for both!
So £280 all in for the whole kit.

I then wanted to customise it to more of a simple "Leica style" so I have mocked up an image to show my plans.

View attachment 25899

Plan is:
Remove front grip.
Laser cut a leather wrap to half the body and apply with good 3M adhesive.
Laser cut a matt black thin plastic wrap to hide all the text on the lens front and wrap around the outside too around the other bits of writing.
Fit a metal hot shoe cover from ebay.

Also plan on adding on a black metal 43mm vented lens hood

Last edited:
Interesting idea I look forward to seeing the results! Good price for the 22 and adapter as well!

That lens is approx £225 on Amazon at the moment, and then £25 cash back from Canon,mm (77mm filter looking like a bargain.

It is a nice lens and, as you say, a bargain currently. It is lighter and more compact (67mm filter thread ) than the 10-22 (77mm filter thread) for example. The 10-18mm is also an STM so no movement on the front element when focussing and no readjusting a CPL filter once set. They were £299 a short while back so, with the cashback a third off.

Steve

Nice sharp images, Michael. That 60mm macro works very well on the M.

Fingers crossed, Santa is bringing me a Sigma 105mm macro for Christmas, so will see how well it does on my M. :banana:

Nice sharp images, Michael. That 60mm macro works very well on the M.

Fingers crossed, Santa is bringing me a Sigma 105mm macro for Christmas, so will see how well it does on my M. :banana:

Thank you. I do wish the 60mm had os so the 105 sigma I think would be a great lens to use on it. The m just needs a larger grip just to help a little on the handling side.

Thank you. I do wish the 60mm had os so the 105 sigma I think would be a great lens to use on it. The m just needs a larger grip just to help a little on the handling side.

The 60mm works really well on the M. IS/OS would be very useful.

A silicon skin helps the handling issue as does the adaptor itself when using heavier EF/EF-S lenses

Steve

I have a small Vivitar tripod which I bought from Argos for about £7. It's only 6 inches long and screwed into the base makes a perfect handle. It can also be used on a wall or fence when out and about when you want to use the timer or a remote.

Damn this forum ;)

Very impressed with some of the photos in this thread. Just ordered the M from Argos to collect in the morning :)

Quick question, is the 22mm worth buying as well? Looking around it seems very cheap, especially as it's f2.

I have a small Vivitar tripod which I bought from Argos for about £7. It's only 6 inches long and screwed into the base makes a perfect handle. It can also be used on a wall or fence when out and about when you want to use the timer or a remote.

Great idea, I shall put one on my shopping list!

Quick one from this morning, got out with the kit lens as I wanted something wider than my normal adapter + 35mm F2 IS combo - kit lens has its limits but pretty happy with this shot and a few others :)

Spaniel in the Mist by Jimwah, on Flickr

Love that picture!

Damn this forum ;)

Very impressed with some of the photos in this thread. Just ordered the M from Argos to collect in the morning :)

Quick question, is the 22mm worth buying as well? Looking around it seems very cheap, especially as it's f2.
I haven't bought one yet! But for me if(when) I do the 22mm would be essential as it lets you really take advantage of the tiny size of the system. One thing I really would like to see is some more pancake lenses in the m mount something around 17mm and 50mm would make a great setup.

Damn this forum ;)

It's a superb lens, and an absolute steal at the price.

Just had a look on fleabay and it's only £56 here which actually leaves me speechless lol

Last edited:
It's a superb lens, and an absolute steal at the price.

Just had a look on fleabay and it's only £56 here which actually leaves me speechless lol

I have a 22mm which I am leaving on my second M body.

The UK retail price of the 22mm is from £160+. The ones on EBay are from the kits with the adaptor and 22mm version boxes. Either way it is a great lens. Was using it this morning with the grandkids. Literally flew to Dublin with the M Body and 22mm pancake + 90EX + spare battery yesterday for GD 2 12th birthday in a small walk on canvas messenger bag early yesterday, arrived back in Bristol early afternoon today and hardly knew I was carrying anything!

Steve

Last edited:
Managed to have a go with the 22mm over the weekend...

SS Shieldhall In The Fog
by M@ttyM, on Flickr

The Christmas Rush
by M@ttyM, on Flickr

I like the Shieldhall in the fog shot a lot!

The shop is nice colurwise.

Looked quite a cold night at the port. I always find ports cold at night even in the Summer!

I was using my 22mm for my grand daughter's birthday party. No flash abd high ISO. First look abd got some really fun captures.

Steve

What software do you use for video editing and has anyone bout a decent microphone at a reasonable price?

I like the Shieldhall in the fog shot a lot!

The shop is nice colurwise.

Looked quite a cold night at the port. I always find ports cold at night even in the Summer!

I was using my 22mm for my grand daughter's birthday party. No flash abd high ISO. First look abd got some really fun captures.

Steve

Cheers Steve.

The light was shocking on Saturday night with the mist and fog, hence the b&w conversion. It was definitely a cold one! Although not as cold as has been! I know what you mean about always being cold by the water.

Am loving the 22mm, haven't even got the flash out the packet yet, think it's still in the box!!

What software do you use for video editing and has anyone bout a decent microphone at a reasonable price?

Good question

It's not something I have tried but have tried out the video capture on the M so if you get a response I will be interested. I have Premier Elements 11 tucked away somewhere but maybe a simple package to start with might be a better way to go.

I used video in my work but one of the other guys working for me sorted the end results. Now I will have a go myself.

Steve

Back