Canon Vs Nikon ~ the definitive answer.

Canon vs Nikon

• Total voters
Name
owen
Edit My Images
No
It would be interesting to get people's opinions.

PS. This is supposed to be tongue in cheek.

Canon for me for the simple reason I got given a 550D for my first DSLR and I'm not buying all new lenses and equipment for a different brand. Both have different advantages and it's all down to what you want.

Also "Canon Vs Nikon" thread...I'm pretty sure it's been going on longer than I have been alive.

14477733_201308121052.jpg

A camera is a camera. Took me lots of money to figure that one out.

If its functionality or technically can be produced, its probably neither Canon or Nikon. Most likely the vatican's lucifer telescope.

but if its just canon vs nikon, i'd have to choose canon as i've not used a niknok.

Last edited:
Canon for me for the simple reason I got given a 550D for my first DSLR and I'm not buying all new lenses and equipment for a different brand. Both have different advantages and it's all down to what you want.

Also "Canon Vs Nikon" thread...I'm pretty sure it's been going on longer than I have been alive.

Which, judging by your user name, is quite some time.......

The young guy in Jessops told me that the Canon got the looks, but the Nikon got the performance and that had been proved. I just made my excuses and left ............................ :exit:
takes me back to the old days of Spectrum, Amstrad and Commodore. Oh and then Playstation and Nintendo. then Playstation and eggsbox and then Playst... you get the idea.

People love their brands. Look at the crapple people and their iboners and Singsome and Andyfloyds. We all love our brands and will dual to the death to defend them! :punch:

It's like asking which is the best paintbrush.:)

For me, any brand other than Nikon, at the moment :mad:

Canon for me - the short flange to focal plane distance means that they can take my Exakta lenses. Plus I'm anti Nikon since they don't think I'm a photographer because I use film. So there!

I've never owned a Nikon camera, but I do have a Canon Dial.

Of course, if you're interested in photographs rather than the equipment used to make them, you wouldn't be using a camera from either of these makers. You'd be using a

I think the only way to resolve this is playground-style. Get a Nikon and a Canon and have a game of conkers with them. Last camera still able to take a photo wins.

I think the only way to resolve this is playground-style. Get a Nikon and a Canon and have a game of conkers with them. Last camera still able to take a photo wins.

That wouldn't work, someone will suggest D4 vs 100D, someone else 1Dx vs 3200D (depending on brand favourite).

;)

Anybody worth their salt should be able to get perfectly good results with either.

Canon. Who'd want a camera where they can't even spell their own brand Noink?

Canon, always has been always will be! When my mate at work says Nikon I always say yes if you want Photoshop with that!!! ;)

The young guy in Jessops told me that the Canon got the looks, but the Nikon got the performance and that had been proved. I just made my excuses and left ............................ :exit:

Jessops- that says it all

Back