Canon Vs Nikon ~ the definitive answer.

Canon vs Nikon

• Total voters
Both equal - bodies and lenses

but there always seems to be more Canon used stuff for sale at more reasonable prices

I've always shot Nikon, but the range of lenses available from each would be the deciding factor if I started from scratch

This is a joke thread intended to take the p1ss out of people who compare Canon and Nikon gear. LOL at all the serious replies. :)

It's hard to say. They're both just as good as each other really, the prices new are similar. I think the Nikons are less elegant but more ergonomic and easier to hold:

View attachment 17210

While the canons look prettier but somehow just feel a little harder to handle

View attachment 17211

They both give the same great views of the sky though. I'm sure you'd be happy with either.

I'm switching from Canon to Nikon. Both are excellent systems.

At the end of the day it depends on what you shoot and assess the trade offers. No system is perfect.If I had the money, I'd have Nikon, Canon and a MF system. I can dream. Even then I would choose a system, go on a shoot and wish I had brought the other system with me!

I'm switching from Canon to Nikon. Both are excellent systems.

At the end of the day it depends on what you shoot and assess the trade offers. No system is perfect.If I had the money, I'd have Nikon, Canon and a MF system. I can dream. Even then I would choose a system, go on a shoot and wish I had brought the other system with me!

Wow you have bad GAS. :canon::nikon::olympus: .................:runaway: :help::help::help::help::help:..............:naughty:

easy - stick a Pentax K-3, Nikon D7100 and EOS 7D in a shower - douse them in water for 10 minutes and take out the one that still works....

Please close this pointless thread.

Dave

Nooo... leave it open, I find it hilarious that even in a joke thread, people can't help but take this utterly pointless subject seriously. Leave it open. Much LOLZ :)

But it is, deadly serious
NikonCanon.gif
:ROFLMAO::D:p

Hell, you mean this isn't a serious thread about the pro's and cons of Nikon and Canon?
I wanted to say that canon white lens users are all from Essex along with their white stilettos and convertible Ford's. Oh, I can't say that now if this isn't a serious thread!

That's it, my white L's are up for sale now. You've tainted them forever with your observation. :-(

Or maybe .........got some black Hammerite in the shed?

Atari.. because Amigas are for playing games or using as doorstops.. Atari can be used for more serious stuff as well as games... so yeagh.. deffo Atari IMHO

If there is one old worn out record that gets played over and over on photography forums, it the Canon v Nikon one. :rolleyes:

It always prompts a whole load of Bull***t to be proliferated by the "experts". Usually singing the praises of one particular brand, because that's what they own.

Both Canon and Nikon are "six of one and a half dozen of the other". Both manufacturers produce very capable cameras and lenses.

Most folk start out with a particular brand and stick with it, mainly because changing brands involves changing more that just the camera body, and as such an expensive venture.

I have been completely happy with Canon for many years, just as I'm sure I would had I been with Nikon.

The 'bottom line', its not so much the 'kit' you have, but what you are able to do with it.

Dave

If there is one old worn out record that gets played over and over on photography forums, it the Canon v Nikon one. :rolleyes:

If there is one old worn out record that gets played over and over on photography forums its the reply about them both being as good as each other that gets repeated over and over.. just like wot you did.

my point being... your complaining then doing.....

If there is one old worn out record that gets played over and over on photography forums its the reply about them both being as good as each other that gets repeated over and over.. just like wot you did.

my point being... your complaining then doing.....

Ah, are you one of the"experts" that is going to tell us why one is better than the other, and why they are not both equally excellent products, based upon sound technical evidence, as opposed personal subjective opinion.

I said that "both manufacturers make very capable cameras and lenses". Would you disagree with that, and if so why?

My point is, that the whole forum based Canon v Nikon discussion is as 'old as the hills', has never reached a consensual agreement, and never will. We all 'like what we like', and as such what we choose, in our minds, has to be the best. This debate will go on ad infinitum.

I spent a large part of my working career in R&D, where what is best, is based upon scientific fact and data, not subjective opinion.

Can any forum member, including you, tell me that Canon is better than Nikon, or vesa versa, based on sound technological evidence that you actually understand, and not personal subjective opinion.

Is anyone here, qualified to make this judgement, on anything other than personal opinion?.

Dave

Last edited:
Ah, are you one of the"experts" that is going to tell us why one is better than the other,

read the thread.. my replies above yours somewhere...its not hard.. in fact its easier than asking :)

This is a joke thread intended to take the p1ss out of people who compare Canon and Nikon gear. LOL at all the serious replies. :)

Missed that one. :)

Yep, that about sums up this often repeated discussion, that appears on photography forums :agree:

Dave

read the thread.. my replies above yours somewhere...its not hard.. in fact its easier than asking :)

Ah yes of course, Atari v Amiga, very relevant :rolleyes:

Seriously though, isn't that a bit hypocritical, in that you whinge about my saying that the Canon v Nikon debate is a very worn record, and that both are equally good, yet you appear to be doing exactly the same thing yourself. Unless of course, I am misreading the cryptic message in you Amiga v Atari comment.

Dave

Go and take some photo's and be proactive, get out there.
Just loaded some Acros B+W in my Olly, so off for a jolly.

Regards.

... Unless of course, I am misreading the cryptic message in you Amiga v Atari comment.

Dave
Are you American Dave?:oops: :$

Sorry but this comment reminds me of the yank photographers comments on Derek Pye's site.

Are you American Dave?:oops: :$

Sorry but this comment reminds me of the yank photographers comments on Derek Pye's site.

Nope, I'm about as Anglo Saxon, as history allows me to discover. :)

Until you mentioned this guy, I had never heard of him, and now having had a look at his website, hmm!!

I think I'll leave it there. ;)

Dave

Ah, are you one of the"experts" that is going to tell us why one is better than the other, and why they are not both equally excellent products, based upon sound technical evidence, as opposed personal subjective opinion.

I said that "both manufacturers make very capable cameras and lenses". Would you disagree with that, and if so why?

My point is, that the whole forum based Canon v Nikon discussion is as 'old as the hills', has never reached a consensual agreement, and never will. We all 'like what we like', and as such what we choose, in our minds, has to be the best. This debate will go on ad infinitum.

I spent a large part of my working career in R&D, where what is best, is based upon scientific fact and data, not subjective opinion.

Can any forum member, including you, tell me that Canon is better than Nikon, or vesa versa, based on sound technological evidence that you actually understand, and not personal subjective opinion.

Is anyone here, qualified to make this judgement, on anything other than personal opinion?.

Dave
It's not a serious discussion!
Damn, some people take life too seriously :)

Just been having a look at his site.

Some of the comments are just staggering.

FWIW, Rice Krispies are easily the best. No contest. That's not opinion, it's fact. I have 18 boxes and that proves it.

It always prompts a whole load of Bull***t to be proliferated by the "experts". Usually singing the praises of one particular brand, because that's what they own.

Both Canon and Nikon are "six of one and a half dozen of the other". Both manufacturers produce very capable cameras and lenses.

Most folk start out with a particular brand and stick with it, mainly because changing brands involves changing more that just the camera body, and as such an expensive venture.

I have been completely happy with Canon for many years, just as I'm sure I would had I been with Nikon.

The 'bottom line', its not so much the 'kit' you have, but what you are able to do with it.

Dave

This is a comedy thread not to be taken seriously. It started off as a joke.

Sent from my iPad using Talk Photography Forums

Back