Canon Vs Nikon ~ the definitive answer.

Canon vs Nikon

• Total voters
pffff...?? yeah, right m8. keep thinking this way. good luck.

Oh noes, a random on the interwebs is dismissive of my opinion, whatever shall I do? Surely my time as a person who enjoys photographamy and banter is all but done and I must away!

Better, cupcake? :)

Oh noes, a random on the interwebs is dismissive of my opinion, whatever shall I do? Surely my time as a person who enjoys photographamy and banter is all but done and I must away!

Better, cupcake? :)
lol, x vs x vs x.. discussion has no make sense dou to personal preference and this discussion is good example haha. its close to trying to convince someone bananas are better than oranges..
take care.

lol, x vs x vs x.. discussion has no make sense dou to personal preference and this discussion is good example haha. its close to trying to convince someone bananas are better than oranges..
take care.

@sosen13

This is a joke thread. Take a look at the first post, and then look at the questions in the poll... then reflect.... and feel stupid.

take care.

It's easy to convince my missus that bananas are better than oranges. She doesn't like oranges.

Sleep tight.

A joke? A JOKE?

Do you guys all really think this subject is funny and worth making light of? I've just sold my entire stock of Canon gear on ebay because I had to change system. I really don't want to hear people making fun of the serious decisions us hobbyist photographers take.

My photos were ok, but just a bit "lacking" so I popped into Dixons to have a chat with the experts who sell more cameras than I've had hot dinners. Anyway, after discussing the merits of the various sports exhaust options for Vauxhall Corsas, we got onto the serious subject of photography. Kevin agreed with me that there are only two brands worth considering: Canon and Nikon. I explained my dilemma: the burst mode on my Canon was really starting to feel sluggish and I needed more megapixels. We debated - at some length - the merits of in-camera versus in-body image stabilisation and decided for an extra quarter of a stop, it was absolutely worth getting the latest VR system.

So I've gone Nikon. That's my mind made up and I'm now a proud owner of a wonderful full-frame Nikon with a few lovely VR lenses. I just hope Canon isn't the first to release a 40MP+ camera otherwise I'll have to switch back again...

A joke? A JOKE?

Do you guys all really think this subject is funny and worth making light of? I've just sold my entire stock of Canon gear on ebay because I had to change system. I really don't want to hear people making fun of the serious decisions us hobbyist photographers take.

My photos were ok, but just a bit "lacking" so I popped into Dixons to have a chat with the experts who sell more cameras than I've had hot dinners. Anyway, after discussing the merits of the various sports exhaust options for Vauxhall Corsas, we got onto the serious subject of photography. Kevin agreed with me that there are only two brands worth considering: Canon and Nikon. I explained my dilemma: the burst mode on my Canon was really starting to feel sluggish and I needed more megapixels. We debated - at some length - the merits of in-camera versus in-body image stabilisation and decided for an extra quarter of a stop, it was absolutely worth getting the latest VR system.

So I've gone Nikon. That's my mind made up and I'm now a proud owner of a wonderful full-frame Nikon with a few lovely VR lenses. I just hope Canon isn't the first to release a 40MP+ camera otherwise I'll have to switch back again...

Thats more like it, Tongue firmly in cheek. ;)

Btw in camera stabilisation is Sony :exit:

Definitely Nikon because otherwise I would be compromised not owning the best.
Also, Nikon seem more innovative.
Also, I disagree that this thread should be irrelevant. Whilst the final image is certainly the object and a good shooter may well manage with a pinhole cabinet, nevertheless the tactile enjoyment of shooting is very important for many photographers.

A joke? A JOKE?

Thats strange, because I was on the verge of doing the opposite with advice from PC World... Your experience has severely made me reconsider! Anyone want some Cannon lenses I need gone?

Also, I disagree that this thread should be irrelevant. Whilst the final image is certainly the object and a good shooter may well manage with a pinhole cabinet, nevertheless the tactile enjoyment of shooting is very important for many photographers.

Oh please,please read the thread right the way through. Aaaaargh!

If you want to debate the merits of Nikon against Canon or vice versa (although why would you want to? Tis' like a broken pencil...............pointless) there are plenty of these dull dull threads elsewhere on the forum.
BTW I don't mean the threads where someone is pondering/undecided between a specific Canon or Nikon model based on spec or particular usage, thats relevant. I mean the whole " my systems better than yours b*****ks"

Said the CEO of the Nikon corporation.

we all know you aren't a proper photographer unless you use leica - this has established by beardy men in tweed trousers at a certain sort of photography club up and down the land over and over again.

Kodak anyone ? Why the hell not its just as irrelevant in this thread as anything else. :naughty: :coat:

we all know you aren't a proper photographer unless you use leica - this has established by beardy men in tweed trousers at a certain sort of photography club up and down the land over and over again.
I'm halfway there- I've grown a beard.

Thats strange, because I was on the verge of doing the opposite with advice from PC World... Your experience has severely made me reconsider! Anyone want some Cannon lenses I need gone?

As long as they're not white. Apparently as I'm not from Essex I can't use them ;)

...(see post #57)

Last edited:

It still has b****x all to do with whether the resulting image is good or not.

This thread has one purpose... just one: To ridicule those that feel it's somehow important whether you use a Canon or a Nikon. Welcome aboard :)

Canon = Man Utd shirt
Nikon = Chelsea shirt

You see more of the former but I wouldn't be seen in either.

Oh, I'm not done yet!

Canon/Nikon is like two party politics - it doesn't really matter which you choose, as you'll never get what you really want, just end up wondering where all your money has gone.

we all know you aren't a proper photographer unless you use leica ...

I've just bought a Canon P, which takes lenses using the LTM (Leica Thread Mount or L39 or, for some reason, M39 occasionally). So if I use a Leica lens on my Canon camera, am I proper photographer or am I only halfway there?

And if I buy a Nikon LTM lens to use on it, will my camera explode?

No only quarter way, and yes it will explode.

It was half way then you mentioned Nikon and that pushed you back down.

Last edited:
Back