weekly Chevin's 52 for 2022 .... Week 42 ... Precision

Great capture. That is definitely one infectious laugh/smile!

Lovely shot. I'm sure I'm not the only person that looks at this and smiles. I like the mono treatment too.
Thank you for your comments Bebop. I compared colour and mono images, the mono was miles better.

What a great image Duncan, it made me smile.
Thanks Bill glad it made you smile

Week 27 catch up image, the signpost to Earshaig Lochans ... a great wildlife refuge

Week27_Post by Chevin, on Flickr

Week 36 ... Scape ... looking over Moffat towards the valley leading towards the Grey Mare's tail and St Mary's Loch

Week36_Scape by Chevin, on Flickr

Nice peaceful scene Duncan.
I would have cropped off some foreground and about half the sky but everyone's taste is different.

Both really nice shots Duncan. The post is really interesting, it looks like it was made by a park volunteer. The landscape is beautiful.

Nice peaceful scene Duncan.
I would have cropped off some foreground and about half the sky but everyone's taste is different.
Thanks Peter, I did think about cropping the image but I wanted to give the feeling of open space and the vista unfolding in front of you so I left it as is. It maybe didn't work too well

Both really nice shots Duncan. The post is really interesting, it looks like it was made by a park volunteer. The landscape is beautiful.
Thanks Bill, it is a beautiful place to be ... been there 38 years now :)

I agree with Peter123, but a great place to be.
Thanks Pete ... I agree :)

Week 39 .... (Depict) a Song.

One of the best pub bands ... ever. The best of Canvey Island :D

2022- Song by Chevin, on Flickr

Last edited:
Reactions: Nod
Milk and alcohol! Great shot, good song!
Thanks Simon ... they were one of the uk's greatest R&B bands ... imho

Ha ha spotted that one straight away, and a great song that I have seen performed live too :)
Thanks Be, I was lucky and saw them quite a few times from around 1971 to 1979 when they were in their heyday ... Wilko's driving guitar style and Lee Brilleaux's vocals ... absolutely brilliant. Also saw Kilburn and the High Roads a couple of times around that time (pre 1975) before they went on to fame & fortune. ;)

Really good shot Duncan, don't know the band but I listened to the song on YouTube and enjoyed it immensely.

Excellent. The first band I saw live so brought back some good memories.

Really good shot Duncan, don't know the band but I listened to the song on YouTube and enjoyed it immensely.
Thanks Bill, Dr Feelgood were one of the really great pub bands at that time

Excellent. The first band I saw live so brought back some good memories.
Thanks Helen, live was what Dr Feelgood did best.

Week 28 ... Water + Dappled Light Tech

Part of the catch up (5 more to go excluding this weeks :confused: ) ... I'll get there ... eventually ;)

Week_28_Water+Tech by Chevin, on Flickr

Good catch up Duncan. I like both shots the closeup of the plant is good and the b&w processing of the camera really suits the image.

Nice catch ups - the camera shots is good, but for me the focus is a little off - I'd have like that top dial/handle sharp rather than the lens body.

Good catch up Duncan. I like both shots the closeup of the plant is good and the b&w processing of the camera really suits the image.
Thanks Bill, I only shot B&W images with the F3, so I thought B&W was apt.

Nice catch ups - the camera shots is good, but for me the focus is a little off - I'd have like that top dial/handle sharp rather than the lens body.
Thank Simon, yes the focus is a bit off ... it's because I forgot that I had the camera set for focus stacking so it looks a bit off ... it's and age thing :)

Week 41 ... Rustic

A proper ploughman's in my opinion .... home made bread, home grown onion, home grown apple, the barley, wheat and oats stalks come from the seeds that germinated from the bird feeders, the cheese comes from the local dairy ... the cider however I buy ... may have to plant a few apple trees ;)

2022- Rustic by Chevin, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nicely composed and shot Duncan - I'm hungry and thirsty now!

Very nicely composed and shot Duncan - I'm hungry and thirsty now!
Thanks Simon

Looks yummy. Nicely composed and lit.
Thanks you Be

That looks like a very well looked after Opinel!
I have used Opinel knives for over 50 years now, I've always got one in my pocket. I must have around 10 in total all carbon blades as they are the sharpest (a blunt knife is a dangerous tool)

Week 38 + Shadows tech

Still catching up :) ... a collection of Apple plugs for worldwide use

Week38+Tech by Chevin, on Flickr

Last edited:
A great looking Rustic Ploughmans
and a collection of electrical chargers cleverly arranged.

Pete

That's a ploughmans and a half (mind you, my one complaint would be the lack of pickle). Nicely composed and lit too.

A great looking Rustic Ploughmans
and a collection of electrical chargers cleverly arranged.
Thanks for the comment Pete

Your electrical and shadows shot works well. We end up with so many cables don't we?! As Pete says, nicely arranged and shot.
Thanks Be ... I've got drawers full of the blasted things

That's a ploughmans and a half (mind you, my one complaint would be the lack of pickle). Nicely composed and lit too.
Thanks Helen, I had raw onions with mine ... you certainly find out who your friends are though:D

Week 42 - Precision ... an easier one for me this week :)

Micrometer and vernier calliper's for dimensional precision, micrometer blue for final fitment precision and a precision big hammer when all else fails ;)

Week42-Precision by Chevin, on Flickr

Last edited:
That was quick.
My vernier calliper idea is now redundant.
Meets the theme well Duncan.

Back