Clarkson suspended by the BBC, TG taken off air.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
There's quoting and there's misquoting.

There's accusing and there's lying, there are hypothetical situations and straight up personal insults.

You my friend are economical with the truth and the proof is above for all to see. :D
You couldn't leave it alone, you lowered yourself to personal insults, you can't wriggle out of it. :wave:

And your response to Yv? 'Sorry Miss, it wasn't me Miss it was them big boys wot done it and ran away, it's not my style Miss I'm a nice boy, and if he tells you I called him fat, it's just cos he said some other stuff before Miss, honest I'm just a nice bloke' :p
make things personal? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My apologies. However it wasn't a dig. I responded to direct question relevant to this thread. It was questioned why I changed my tune as in reporting one incident of a proposed punch in a theoretical situation compared to an alleged punch that didn't turn out a punch.

I was merely explaining in the context of this thread and the discussion why I see the situation as different. This was further qualified by providing the context around experience in male dominated environments.

I can assure you that there was nothing malicious or dig towards anyone involved. It didn't enter my mind and it is not how I am nor operate.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
There's quoting and there's misquoting.

There's accusing and there's lying, there are hypothetical situations and straight up personal insults.

You my friend are economical with the truth and the proof is above for all to see. :D
You couldn't leave it alone, you lowered yourself to personal insults, you can't wriggle out of it. :wave:

And your response to Yv? 'Sorry Miss, it wasn't me Miss it was them big boys wot done it and ran away, it's not my style Miss I'm a nice boy, and if he tells you I called him fat, it's just cos he said some other stuff before Miss, honest I'm just a nice bloke' :p
make things personal? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Personally, you are both becoming boring now, as well as chancing your arms with Missus Yv!

I know I'd enjoy a beer and a good chat with both of you. But as I said in another thread

Do you think you two could get a room? Maybe you could borrow Ruth and Bernie's if you asked nicely

but not at the same time, cause that'd be wrong

You're getting such a slap in June. :bat: :LOL:

Personally, you are both becoming boring now, as well as chancing your arms with Missus Yv!
There is only so long that I can keep her away from the ban hammer cupboard. :D
Come on you two, kiss and make up (y)

Do you think you two could get a room? Maybe you could borrow Ruth and Bernie's if you asked nicely :)

I think in fairness to Ruth, Bennie would have needed lots of rooms - maybe even a hotel. Plus one for his libel lawyer.

Ban Hammer? No, such childishness from grown men at being determined to have the last word can only mean no sweeties for a month and two little boys, one on the naughty step, the other in the naughty corner. :rolleyes:

So, let this be an end to it, here and now, any pointing and laughing from class mates will have you sent to stand outside the door :)

Ok we don't want that to happen, and we are both bored as well. Phil reached out, I proposed we sort it Top Gear style and have a virtual punch up, then let the BBC decide the outcome. If Jeremy wins I'm right, if the BBC wins then Phil will be right :) Either way I'll give him a hug, a manly punch, but I draw the line at kissing Phil. Although I could be persuaded otherwise if there is a very large donation to a charity of Phil's choosing at stake....

Peace xxx

Ok we don't want that to happen, and we are both bored as well. Phil reached out, I proposed we sort it Top Gear style and have a virtual punch up, then let the BBC decide the outcome. If Jeremy wins I'm right, if the BBC wins then Phil will be right :) Either way I'll give him a hug, a manly punch, but I draw the line at kissing Phil. Although I could be persuaded otherwise if there is a very large donation to a charity of Phil's choosing at stake....

Peace xxx

Failing that, we'll get Phil down for the megameet, and its one lap each round the zoo in the visitors bus! Loser gets chucked to the wolves

Failing that, we'll get Phil down for the megameet, and its one lap each round the zoo in the visitors bus! Loser gets chucked to the wolves
Perhaps we can improve on that suggestion. Whilst that is an exciting event, I'm acutely aware that I've got an advantage considering I've got an annual pass thus don't pay any more entrance fee and can have plenty of practise.

How about we both take one for the team and Phil and I give the dogs a rest and perform the action shot session where we race against each other. Naturally we should be fully clad in bright colourful Lycra to make those auto focus mechanisms work. Think a Mr Motivator style outfit and a running race with the dogs watching us and everyone practising their action shots.....

PS. Damn I'm worrying myself as I seem to be way to specific about that one....

Perhaps we can improve on that suggestion. Whilst that is an exciting event, I'm acutely aware that I've got an advantage considering I've got an annual pass thus don't pay any more entrance fee and can have plenty of practise.

How about we both take one for the team and Phil and I give the dogs a rest and perform the action shot session where we race against each other. Naturally we should be fully clad in bright colourful Lycra to make those auto focus mechanisms work. Think a Mr Motivator style outfit and a running race with the dogs watching us and everyone practising their action shots.....

:D I had an idea about getting someone to do 'sport' for action shots, well volunteered that man!

Can't it be a couple of laps around the cheetahs with 100 tp members shooting furiously? ;)

fully clad in bright colourful Lycra
Those with the special "eclipse sun glasses" you are advised to bring them along :D

:D I had an idea about getting someone to do 'sport' for action shots, well volunteered that man!
LOL Better get those shots the first time, as I doubt there will be enough in it from me for a second run :) It could be a world premier and have a long exposure action shot session. How cool would that be :)

PS. @viv1969 if I behave can I be on the bacon sarnie list?

I would beg both of you to please NOT be MAMIL at the MegaMeet but since I can't be there this year, please DO be the aforementioned Middle Aged Men In Lycra for the benefit of the other attendees! And please send me some mind/eye bleach after post #544!!! ;)

LOL Better get those shots the first time, as I doubt there will be enough in it from me for a second run :) It could be a world premier and have a long exposure action shot session. How cool would that be :)

PS. @viv1969 if I behave can I be on the bacon sarnie list?

Duly added :)

Well, I'm watching Ed Byrne and Dara O'Briain doing their Great Big Adventure and thinking they look like excellent presenters for TG.

Well, I'm watching Ed Byrne and Dara O'Briain doing their Great Big Adventure and thinking they look like excellent presenters for TG.

I'm seeing it too.
The programme that is, not the other :LOL:

So Chris Evans is a huge car fan and yes he paid millions for a rare Ferrari, does that make him the ideal candidate.........hmmm I don't think so.
Top Gear has and was always more than just about the presenter being car daft.

To me it was about the presenter's persona and over the years fans have become accustom to Jeremy, Richard and James' on screen relationship. I find that irreplaceable no matter who you bring in and can't help thinking the BBC would try and continue in that manner to the point of it being so obviously fake!

This is of course purely my thinking and not necessarily that of others.

Even if he does get sacked he is in such a prime position to give the two finger salute to the beeb anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, on his Radio show this morning, Chris Evans has said the suggestion ofhim taking over is nonsense, and will never happen.

Thank heavens for small mercies eh?

Apparently, on his Radio show this morning, Chris Evans has said the suggestion ofhim taking over is nonsense, and will never happen.

That could be similar to a football team manager saying they have no intentions of leaving their club. Every time Ive heard that, within a week they are taking up a new position with another team.

That could be similar to a football team manager saying they have no intentions of leaving their club. Every time Ive heard that, within a week they are taking up a new position with another team.

I thought the same thing, but the other way around, if you will.....
When the manager gets :

“ We can say categorically that (insert manager’s name) has the full backing of the chairman, and will be in charge for many seasons to come”.

Which actually means, “Please return your card-key and vacate the building; oh and you might want to call the Missus and have her start perusing Rightmove.”

Back