Clarkson suspended by the BBC, TG taken off air.

The sooner we stop having to pay a license fee the better! Fed up with the left wing bias of the BBC, and this tops it off. The loss of one of the best programs is a joke. TG is one of the most popular programs, and this is mainly down to the chemistry between the 3 presenters. They do push boundaries and thats the fun. OK, for programs like the One Show or Songs of Praise you don't, but for comedy you often need to cross the line. So whats been achieved - the beeb has lost a revenue stream and we have lost a great program. Nice one!

Left wing bias? Oh yes, I well remember the close and harmonious relationship between the BBC and the last Labour government! :banghead:

I'm not quite as cynical as those two, but A&E does seem excessive for the extent of the injuries reported . . .
. . . and I can certainly imagine somebody who, at the time, thought their job might be on the line wanting some independent documentation.

Yes indeed, and he managed to drive himself there ! (Source Sky News)

I split my lip once, it needed stitching.

Where is Max Clifford when you need him !!

Oh yeah in prison :)

Who the F goes to hospital for a fat lip? Lol. I hope this proud institution of UK is buried under a car park and never dug up. Clarkson is all they had and they lickened him to JS. I want to stop paying for my licence but then I'd be a criminal because I have a TV, radio, internet etc.

Who the F goes to hospital for a fat lip? Lol. I hope this proud institution of UK is buried under a car park and never dug up. Clarkson is all they had and they lickened him to JS. I want to stop paying for my licence but then I'd be a criminal because I have a TV, radio, internet etc.

Clarkson is all they had?
Are you smoking "special" cigarettes? :ROFLMAO:

I remember Chris Evans, went on a massive bender when he split up with his first wife Billie Piper, he missed every breakfast show on Radio 2 for about a week and was sacked by the BBC.

He continued to go go on the pop, sold his furniture on the streets but he sorted himself out and made a great comeback.

Who knows, maybe JC will return to Top Gear one day. After all, Chris Evans got his Breakfast show back on Radio 2.

Jeremy Clarkson has a big personality. There is only one person in my opinion who has an equally big personality and that's Guy Martin. He would be great for the show and also brings a new dimension with his interest in motorbikes. Not only is he an engineer he's a real piston head.

Time will tell if TG will be a success in years to come the BBC has had its fair share of flops too.
Apart from:
Billie Piper was his 2nd wife
The bender happened as they got together (and was as he left Virgin)
The above was massively exaggerated by the press (fairly anti BBC agenda back then - how times have changed)
There's press 'photos' of Chris and Danny Baker and Gazza out 'on a bender' where if you actually look, the bottles on the (lunchtime) table are water.

And Clarkson's had his share of flops too.

I like to be entertained by JC but to pretend that this is anyone else's fault requires a very squinty eyed view of the situation. As I said previously, his 'thing' is to push boundaries, and it should be obvious that sometimes the push will go too far.

This is where you tell me who else they have?

Not even a little bit.
JC's departure won't see the downfall of the corporation :LOL:

..and on that bombshell ....Clarkson has just signed for One Direction, Zayn Malik going to Top Gear :coat:

To be fair JC probably sings equally as well :LOL:

Apart from:
Billie Piper was his 2nd wife
The bender happened as they got together (and was as he left Virgin)
The above was massively exaggerated by the press (fairly anti BBC agenda back then - how times have changed)
There's press 'photos' of Chris and Danny Baker and Gazza out 'on a bender' where if you actually look, the bottles on the (lunchtime) table are water.

And Clarkson's had his share of flops too.

I like to be entertained by JC but to pretend that this is anyone else's fault requires a very squinty eyed view of the situation. As I said previously, his 'thing' is to push boundaries, and it should be obvious that sometimes the push will go too far.

My memory eludes the finer details it was a few years ago. However JC will bounce back on a different channel Just like Chris Evans did !

My memory eludes the finer details it was a few years ago. However JC will bounce back on a different channel Just like Chris Evans did !
He either will, or he won't, and Top Gear will survive a rebrand, or it won't, I can't fathom why anyone would predict any of it with certainty. But loads of people feel the need (a side effect of outrage?)

If it takes JC as long to 'comeback' as it took Chris Evans, we'll both have forgotten this conversation.

Anyone remember 'Something for the weekend', it was essential viewing in our house, yet despite it's popularity the Beeb dropped it (needed something cheaper - that's the reality of the licence fee).

There followed a bidding war for the presenters and format (the audience was a decent size), which was won by C4. The result (Sunday Brunch) has managed to maintain all the iffy bits of the original and subtly get rid of the good bits. It's unwatchable to anyone over 20 (the reality of commercial TV - lowest common denominator).

1, They haven't got rid of TG they've just got rid of Clarkson.
2, if someone I work with or for split my lip with a punch and subjected me to an extended haranguing I'd bloody well want them sacked, Clarkson isn't god and IS subject to the same rules and laws as the rest of us.

Does anyone know what really happened? First I have heard of a split lip - thought he threw a punch and missed?

Despite that, and I know that many will disagree, but celebs are different to us. Look at what sportsmen do, or musicians or film stars. If most of us did anything like that we would be sacked - mainly because there are many other people who can do the job. In celeb world, you have people who have a certain skill or talent... not as easy to replace. They do get more leeway, because they their talent will either earn money or success.

In this case, TG will not be the same and who knows if the others will carry on.

Interesting to see Rossy back on R2... after his sacking!

Interesting to see Rossy back on R2... after his sacking!
Similar to my point above:
The Jonathan Ross show format moved 'almost' untouched to ITV, and the ratings dropped like a stone.

I'm not saying that the Top Gear team can't gain success at another channel, but it's far from guaranteed.

Last edited:
There was a tweet by the 'victim' that stated he had not been hit. Has anyone seen it or know where it was posted in a forum?

There was a tweet by the 'victim' that stated he had not been hit.
So? If the BBC report is correct (and JC hasn't contradicted it) JC had already threatened him with the sack. Hardly surprising he didn't report it, and wanted to sweep it under the carpet. He's even received death threats!
As others have said, the 'victim' is the person likely to suffer most from this.

Does anyone know what really happened? First I have heard of a split lip - thought he threw a punch and missed?

As reported by BBC radio from the inquiry findings, this afternoon.

So? If the BBC report is correct (and JC hasn't contradicted it) JC had already threatened him with the sack. Hardly surprising he didn't report it, and wanted to sweep it under the carpet. He's even received death threats!
As others have said, the 'victim' is the person likely to suffer most from this.

From the investigation findings from Tony Halls Statement today :-

"It is the case that Jeremy Clarkson reported the incident to BBC management". (Sky News)

Yes, exactly my point. The producer didn't report it.

The new transmitters of whatever Top Gear 2015 is, have hours of film already in the can so they can get up and running quicker than BBC TG can. The Beeb won't be able to use JC, nor probably Hammond and May in it.

The winner is JC, he'll make loadsadosh from this episode.

The producer won't have many friends, I suspect. Regardless of the best intents, the victims / whistle blowers / accusers seldom prosper going forward.

Yup, I said that :confused: even copied it in again :rolleyes:

Unfortunately no one outside of the BBC knows the actual full facts contained within the investigation, everything on here is therefore speculation and conjecture. Lots of keyboard warriors, not facts.

This has been a circus. JC has played a blinder and is laughing all the way to the bank. It's the entertainment industry, after all. :banana::banana::beer:

It seems from his comments that James May is also on his way out, the very last comment in his Sky News interview is along the lines of "now I'm not working I'm off to ebay my Ferrari".

The other guy hit by JC will be on BBC two news night.

I must admit that now the undisputed facts are out, I find it slightly surprising that people are still questioning what happened and defending JC.

It seems from his comments that James May is also on his way out, the very last comment in his Sky News interview is along the lines of "now I'm not working I'm off to ebay my Ferrari".
This story has an happy ending after all :)

The progarm had been on the wane for a couple of years or so.It needs a revamp.I just hope that Clarkson is prosecuted,he will not be convicted he is to rich for that.Roll on a new Top Gear with fresh presenters.

The progarm had been on the wane for a couple of years or so.It needs a revamp.I just hope that Clarkson is prosecuted,he will not be convicted he is to rich for that.Roll on a new Top Gear with fresh presenters.

He'll only be prosecuted if the producer pursues it.

This story has an happy ending after all :)

They just showed a little more of the May interview on Sky News, he also said "The three of us are a package" when asked if he would be staying on TG.

Like him or loathe him, JC made motoring mainstream, just as Alan Titchmarsh did for gardening. They both turned back street hobbies into popular TV shows attracting millions of viewers.
If Top Gear is to continue, where can it go ? If they parachute in anyone else, the chemistry won't be there ( providing May and Hammond stay ) with the others. If they start afresh with 3 new presenters, if they try to emulate the current style in any way, they'll be hammered for it. The current style with the current presenters is what made the show successful. It may be jaded, who's not to say new ideas weren't on the way.
I don't think he'll be prosecuted, the Beeb won't go there in case of retaliation for the Saville jibe. It will all just go away quietly.

Quote from the BBC website this evening:

"Presenter James May has given his reaction to the BBC's decision not to renew Jeremy Clarkson's contract, calling the situation "a tragedy"."

A tragedy is when an airplane crashes into a mountain and kills 150 people.

Almost as idiotic as someone punching a work colleague (allegedly) and directly a foul mouthed tirade at them in public in front of witnesses whilst on a final warning from their employer

I would not be sad to see all 3 of them leave Top Gear or the programme end. It's become a tired, boring and repetitive format with little quality in the show or the presenters.

He'll only be prosecuted if the producer pursues it.

I don't think that's correct in this instance, if the police find enough reason in the bbc inquiry evidence they'll have no choice but to send it to the cps? bearing in mind JC has admitted it already.

The A&E bit interests me as the nearest one is about 40 miles away (on country lanes), so not like a quick "I'll just pop over the road to make sure this is ok".

Simonstone hall to Kendal is about 27 miles, but an hour away on those roads. Add to that, you've a two to three hour wait at a&e for a minor injury

The other guy hit by JC will be on BBC two news night.

I must admit that now the undisputed facts are out, I find it slightly surprising that people are still questioning what happened and defending JC.

Undisputed? Or the bbc accepted version of the events?
Danny cohern doesn't like jc, there's been a number of incidents brought up to put jc in a bad light, despite that footage going through producers, editors and the legal department check it all because of the history. Then you've the unseen footage, one of seven takes, released to show jc in a bad light. There's some on the show not part of the original team, put there to report on issues for management?
There's an anti jc camp in the bbc, it doesn't fit with the current thinking of some senior managers and whilst the money comes into it, the bbc don't think that way generally, they see themselves as upholding the British morales in broadcasting. Auntie bbc is very alive.

With all that background, and with hoisin sauce going to hospital (recommended by one of the team?) and the background influences, then it's easy to see why that was the only decision that was going to be made. It's why I said some time ago that his contract would not be renewed, it's the easiest way out for the bbc whilst appearing to uphold aunties morales.

Clarkson was extremely foolish to give them the rope to hang him.

Back