Community thread for the NMA Meet 29.7.2012

At long last I've got round to editing some of mine. first of all though I must thank Matt for organising a great trip and I will have to go back and revisit it again! It was great to put a faces to names but sorry to everyone that I missed!

There are some great pics on here that put mine to shame and I'll try and visit all your flickrs and comment on there!

Here are a few of mine and again some of the others can been seen on my flickr!

Remembrance Poppies by *sarah*., on Flickr

Lest We Forget by *sarah*., on Flickr

Remembrance Poppy by *sarah*., on Flickr

_DSC3975a by *sarah*., on Flickr

Superb. Wish I'd seen this...

:)

Thanks Peter. A very nice set there. Really like the framing of shot at dawn, number 3, going for just the head has really worked.

Thanks Craig and Michael.

That kestrel was great. At one point it flew down to the floor to grab something - maybe a worm? - and I almost (isn't that often the case) caught a superb shot of it swooping at ground level. Just a pity the focus wasn't quite there. It then came back for some more posing and let me go right underneath it to snap away.

Last edited:
Oh wow Vince I love your welding glass RAF Eagle (y) :clap: really great

Me too....

I just recieved 4 pieces of welding glass in the post! Woohoo!

And I am going to Wales on Sunday morning for a week...I think I may use the WG for some photos while I am there. :)

Far too many excellent images on here :clap:
almost looks like the place was empty...were there many other folk about ?

really wish I'd come along....partly didn't cos I have dificulty with " seeing " these type of shots .
I am , however gonna take a trip to this place so if you ever go again I'll do my best to be there (y)

Far too many excellent images on here :clap:
almost looks like the place was empty...were there many other folk about ?

really wish I'd come along....partly didn't cos I have dificulty with " seeing " these type of shots .
I am , however gonna take a trip to this place so if you ever go again I'll do my best to be there (y)

I will be organising another meet there next year (y) as I think that everyone had a good time that was there and there is far too much to see in just a single visit :eek: there were quite a few people there (y) I'd say easily a few thousand

Lynne it gets really busy around the main memorial, but people politely moved when I was taking photos. But I went there first before it got really crowded. At the other memorials I just set my camera on a tripod and waited, eventually you get a clear shot.

I hardly saw much and I walked for hours! I will definitely go back at some point.

Oh wow Vince I love your welding glass RAF Eagle (y) :clap: really great
Just looking on my phone and that welding glass shot looks excellent.
Thanks. Turned out very nice :)
Used the white spot on the Raw to get the colours back :D

Two more HDR attempts (single shots this time) Both processed in Luminance - although one didn't get the details used for some reason :/

Parachute Monument (HDR) by KatiaUK, on Flickr

Carosel Horse (HDR) by KatiaUK, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nope, can't see a togger ;)

Funny. Very funny. (I'll get you back, you know I will!).

Missed this thread, probably because I looked for the link too early!

Here are a few of my faves from the day, hope you like them (C&C welcome please).

20120729-123406.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

20120729-154026.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

20120729-154900.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

20120729-113300.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

20120729-161544.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

20120729-115505.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Last edited:
Michael, Vince, Simon, thanks, glad you like them!

Vince, I got a few nice ones of that bird, but none as good as yours!

Simon, which monument is that last one; I must have noised it.

Southdowns said:
Michael, Vince, Simon, thanks, glad you like them!

Vince, I got a few nice ones of that bird, but none as good as yours!

Simon, which monument is that last one; I must have noised it.

I can't remember what it was called and looking in my notes I didn't make note of it for some strange reason,Sorry!

Back