Community thread for the NMA Meet 29.7.2012

Some great shots being shared in here, I will have a look at mine once I manage to wrestle my processing laptop from my housemate whos laptop is broken even if I don't feel hopeful about them! I wasn't feeling desperately creative and snappy yesterday but I hope there will be at least a few keeps from what I shot (y)

Anybody know how to link one of my pictures from 500px please...?

Not sure to be honest, if you can get the image URL (not page url) then click
insertimage.gif
and paste that URL into the box that opens you'll be good to go (y)

One from me. I didn't officially attend the meet, but the wife and I stopped by to visit the Arboretum and I bumped into Just Dave and a couple of others. Sorry but I didn't get there names.

4.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody know how to link one of my pictures from 500px please...?

Select the photo in 500px and there should be an embed button alongside it. Copy that text and paste it into a blank text file, then as you only need the file path within the img src tags, copy it and paste into your image link on here. Hope that makes sense.

Nice shot there Keith, I took quite a few of those two sculptures but I've only found one I sort of like so far, which is quite disappointing as I thought they held such good potential.
Have to decide whether or not to do any more work on them.

In Stone by photogramps, on Flickr

Like the simplicity of the cross image, Michael. Another that I thought of doing, but never really knew what to do with it. You sorted it.

Love the bear, too. Looks like mine, same idea. :)

Great set Michael as just said on your thread, it was a great TP Meet, I enjoyed every minute and meeting lots a fab members (y)

Thanks Dave, much appreciated (y)

Like the simplicity of the cross image, Michael. Another that I thought of doing, but never really knew what to do with it. You sorted it.

Love the bear, too. Looks like mine, same idea. :)

Thank you Craig (y) The cross worked out really well as did the pp of the background. Great minds :D

far too many pics to comment on - but some great stuff.....

the "Shot at dawn" one's are amazing, and having stood at Thriepval, looking out, it is so emotional.

far too many pics to comment on - but some great stuff.....

the "Shot at dawn" one's are amazing, and having stood at Thriepval, looking out, it is so emotional.

Indeed there are mate but it shows you what an amazing location to visit (y)

Tair 300mm actually came out nice :)

Wall, Statue by KatiaUK, on Flickr

The Polar Bear at the front...

Polar Bearly there by KatiaUK, on Flickr

Welding glass at the main monument...

Monument (19s) by KatiaUK, on Flickr
(had to black n white, couldn't get the colour cast nicer...)

Thanks to Matt for the 110 big stopper loan...

NMA Grounds (11s) by KatiaUK, on Flickr
(minimal pp)

There will be a few more later on but I've got looooooads to process :)

I finally got round to sorting some shots out!

The armed services memorial really got to me, as I expected it would! Over 15,000 names carved when it was built with room for another 15,000! It's very humbling, especially when you knew three of them. Although there were more names from crews that have been killed from my station!

The 49th west riding infantry division memorial

Pegasus, memorial to the parachute regiment.

The RAFA memorial.

I still have a few more to sort through, but like someone else said I lacked artistic inspiration as I spent more time looking at all the memorials rather than photographing them!

Last edited:
Sorry I’ve been so long in replying. I have to firstly say a big thank you to Matt for organising the event on Sunday. It was nice to meet some of the other attendees as well. Whilst I wasn’t feeling 100%, I thoroughly enjoyed myself at what is a fantastic location. As has been said, we stayed there all day and still didn’t see everything. The two areas that were most moving for me were Shot At Dawn and the children’s area both for very different but equally poignant reasons.

Secondly I have to say so far there’s been some really great images posted. I was going to say too many to catch up commenting on but for me a special mention goes to Michael23’s fish eye image and NMA20 (Shot at Dawn), cotty332000’s Banded Demoiselle, Just Dave’s first Pegasus and RAFA Eagle, Bend the Light’s Age Unknown, Posiview’s Memorial 3.

I’ve put my set on Flickr but here’s a few of my favourites:

Shot At Dawn by Delta Skies, on Flickr

We Will Remember Them by Delta Skies, on Flickr

The Stretcher Bearer by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Bellerophon On Pegasus by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Plus a bit of wildlife…..

We found this quite tame kestrel sat on the Pegasus memorial

Kestrel by Delta Skies, on Flickr

And earlier did some damselfly chasing on the riverbank. I caught two Banded Demoiselles mating (see my Flickr set) but preferred this Blue Tailed Damselfly

Blue Tailed Damselfly by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Back