weekly d00d's 52 in 2014 ... Week 51 : Extravagant

Hi David

Mono 1 for me as well.......the whole thing just works (y) Am wondering why it's on a tilt though :thinking: The glasses remind me of The Two Ronnies :D

Hi David

Mono 1 for me as well.......the whole thing just works (y) Am wondering why it's on a tilt though :thinking:

Thanks Lynne

I tried a couple of dozen different angles and that's the one I liked most. :whistle:

thanks Elaine, Graham, Allan, Colin, Andrew, Susie, Mark, Phil, Mandy, Craig et al (y)

nice idea - bright sharp yellow works well with the OOF green BG, and definatley got a twist going on there

very nicely done here David, nicely coloured / textured base for it, hint of reflection of the wine stained cork bottom, nice diagonals in the surface too.

nice twisty corkscrew with lovely bright highlights on its curves.

nice and sharp and well focussed. (y)

Definitely prefer the second one David. More interesting subject and a better composition. My little crit would be to crop a bit off the bottom as there is a little dead space there and to frame the cork a little bit more to the right so it isn't clipped. good work getting a second one in.

wow ... thanks everyone. (y)

@ Nortdog ... yes I agree about the dead space, thanks for that.

With that sky it wasn't going to be easy!

I like the low perspective and the reds really pop.

I do agree that you coud have worked the scene more. Getting rid of the tulip at the bottom would help.

Cheers.

fresh milk - meh....

but the tulips are ace, yep, as andy says great POV and reds, can;t see how the composition could have been uch improved, looks like a shot from low down in amongst a load of tulips.

The big one 2/3 along on the bottom needs to go though.

Twisted - great idea leaving the cork on the corkscrew, works really well! I also like the fresh milk - a different take on the theme :clap:

Lovely colours in the tulips, although as has been said, a slightly different angle may have helped.

I think you've heard most points already David. I like the composition and POV, I agree with the bottom tulip and the sky but maybe you can pull a little of the sky back in pp?

Thanks all

I've been experimenting with various shades of purple, but can't find a colour quite dramatic enough.

Last edited:
... been struggling with "shape" this week, not knowing what to post, spending hours on the "pear shape" with nothing to show for it.

I've always liked playing with lens distortion so here's a simple view of my laptop.

SHAPE

shape.jpg

Last edited:
.... was just saying how I like distortions and dimensions ... but this looks a bit wonky ... might do a reshoot :banana:

NUMBER

P1030286.JPG

Hi d00d ....shape .... well it is nice and curvy :) but I suppose it lacks a bit of impact, maybe you could have really exaggerated the shape even more.
I really like this weeks one ... Is it wonky o_O a good variety of textures and colours, including the concrete wall on the left. Well done for spotting that one....good choice for the theme.

Last edited:
Hi ya

apologies for taking so long to nip in :oops: :$

Shape.....computer screen doesn't really do much for me though I can't help feeling that it does look a bit curved,,,not sure that makes sense even to me !

Fresh...milk is original but a bit hmmmm.......Tulips on the other hand really pop , vibrant reds , like the POV but that sky is a mare....nit tried using the filters in pp yet but wondering if they would help or a bit of burning ?

Numbers.....there's so many lines going on in there it's difficult to tell if it's squiffy or not :thinking: Lots of textures in the wall & door , nice n bright & sharp :)

Can't give you grief on Shape as I did a similar one for a previous year :)

Numbers, in theme but a little uninspired. I'd crop the light LHS off and maybe isolate the sign.

Cheers.

Back