Greengo's TP52 2016 - Week 50 & 51 Added

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Yes this year I want to stick with it for the full 52. A friend of mine locally is doing a 366 this year and has promised to support me also and I for her...
I may not always comment on everyone else's pictures so please dont feel offended if I miss someone out here and there. In return I am not offended if you dont feel the urge to comment on my stuff.
I'm here for the fun and hopefully see it through each week.

Week 0 - Old
Old.jpg

Week 1 - Metal
Metal 2.jpg

Second image for Metal which I didnt really prefer to the first...
Metal.jpg

Hi Colin - loving the old lamp - it looks like it has seen some action :) - like the composition but minor niggles (very minor) with the crease on the BG and the highlight flare on the glass :)

For the metal I prefer the first one in terms of composition, POV and DOF but perhaps a tighter crop on the RHS and a slight CW rotation ?

What an amazing old lamp. I think the second shot is my favourite though - I like the colours and the shallow dof - the focal point is about where I would have put it too. It would maybe be nice to see the background darkened a bit so you can't see the creases in the fabric - but a really nice shot.

Hi Colin. Great start to 2016 with that shot for Old - amazing lamp and so nicely taken, bringing out the colour of that rust. I quite like Metal #1 because of the singular focus and the excellent DoF. Welcome back. :clap:

Love the tilley lamp, with lamp lit the way you have done it, you could gain a bit in the shadows making BG darker, and the BG wouldnt distract so much, also vertical needs slight tweek to the left:)
A suggestion on second image would be to isolate the nail sticking up , with manual focus making it sharp:)
The last maybe add a prop a hammer, to give more of an eye grab, all only suggestions;)

The lamp is my fav of the 3 shots, the patina of age is really nice. Of the two nail shots, the second is my preference due to the colours being more true to life, though the first one may have clinched it if the nail standing up in the background had the focus.
Great start to your 52 !

Colin Hi, out of the two metal nail pictures i prefer the first, i think this is because of the dof and the colour. Good luck completing your 52

Ooo yes the tilley lamp, I remember camping by the light of one of those :D
Nice detail and textures (y)

Thank you all so much for your kind words of encouragement, it means a lot. Nice to be back among my camera buddies ;)

So for captive I thought about hands tied together etc but wanted a gritty feel to my image. I seen this gate and liked the way the light shone in from outside and the colours on the wood really popped out for me so I had to grab it. I think being locked gave me the inspiration for CAPTIVE...

Captive.jpg

Yes, association between padlock and captivity works for me Colin. Like the way the light falls on the lock and chain. :clap:

It works for me too Colin (y)

Nice catch for the theme! I might prefer the green parts to be in focus too, as they would help express the whole idea of rust and decay and overall bleakness.

I really like the colours in the door and rust the whole image works well. I would agree, I think a narrow aperture may have helped bring the hinge and chain into it a little more.
Great spot for the theme :)

HI Colin

Old & Metal are both good stuff for the theme but I'm not a fan of that BG. I know how limited we all are, I'd love to have an old barn for my photographic studio with flagstones, rustic table tops, OOF stone walling and stuff, but we don't do we. :(

Captive, on the other hand, is not only perfectly on theme but it's somehow more alive. (y)

I like this and it sits well with the theme. I find the gap in the gate a bit bright but the detail, clarity, and colour of the padlock and chain is superb so I also think a tighter crop might work better

I'm a sucker for locks and weathered wood and this certainly shouts out Captive to me. Spot on dof and the green moss just lifts it a little (y)

Week three and its miniature... Going to get in early this week as I am working right through until next Friday and have very little time for some camera work...
Hope you like my quirky take on this title...

Miniature 2-1.jpg

new one appeared while I was posting
Miniature - I thought of this but don't have the dolls to do it great choice and well done

Nice one. Great depth of field and I love that there's a gap between the smallest and next size.

Hi Colin. Nice subject for the theme - I like the separation between the dolls as it breaks the expectation of order.

Nice idea Colin it works well, well taken and good use of DoF (y)

Back