Daily Donnie's 365 for 2013

it does work - looks great in B&W and there's a real textured look on the glass, which I assume is bits of tabasco stuck to the inside? That really does give it the edge in terms of how the bottle looks (y)

I do quite like that. Very smooth B&W. Nicely done.

Ta :)

And me - obviously has firey depths hidden in those shadows.

LOL, indeed, but I do love tabasco.

it does work - looks great in B&W and there's a real textured look on the glass, which I assume is bits of tabasco stuck to the inside? That really does give it the edge in terms of how the bottle looks (y)
Yep, it's a well used bottle and completely agree, a new bottle wouldn't have worked as well.
Nice work once again Paul
Cheers Vince
nice shot, and very good conversion
Ta (y)

Nice work on that one, dark, but no loss of detail where it counts.
yea was very careful to make it still identifiable too :)

I like yesterday's I think that it works well for the subject (y)
Cheers :)

And todays is a bit of a quicky one, laid some of my kitchen knives on the breadboard thinking there has to be a shot in there. I'm still sure there is but in the meantime....

365_31 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

This is a macro of the teeth end of several of my table knives laid in a fan shape.

One flashgun set at 105mm and 1/32nd power was set directly above (about 4ft) and triggered with wireless radio trigger.

Processed in Lightroom to give a dark grainy and hopefully abstract feel.

I'd call it abstract as there's no way I knew what it was ;) Nicely lit though (y)

Definite 'abstract feel' achieved, Paul! When you said what it was, I felt like I was trying to work out an optical illusion! :D it looks great! :)

Catching up on some more excellent shots... loving the fuse!(y)

Great macro (y) and I actually like the noisy nature of the wireless, I guess it's because it's how I think if the standard of my crap broad band :(

It's deliberately added in pp. I've just switched from BT to sky and it's already a better service for about a third of the cost! (y)

Catching up on some more excellent shots... loving the fuse!(y)

13A is awesome Paul !

Thanks all, it came out better than I'd hoped given some of my recent playing with the macro tubes.

That's a brilliant idea! I found myself tilting my head to try and figure out what it was before reading the text. Very intriguing.

Loving the last few - the safety pins are really great, I like that one a lot.:)

Quick catch up for me...

Day 28 is a good shot. great dof and well lit, and loving the look of the cat shot.

The bottle shot works really well, and wouldn't look out of place on the wall of a trendy bar. The knives shot certainly has an abstract feel to it. Great portrait shot of your wife, she looks very pensive. Great close up of the amp and the broadband shot, the noise for me adds to it (y).

Loving the last 3 shots too matey, especially the CD stack, that's a cracking little shot :).

OK, as said been busy, even though I managed to get a couple of shots yesterday, I never got the chance to even get them off the card until this afternoon, so, here's day 37, 38 and 39 in one go. :)

Day 37 - Donegal China Vase

365_37 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

This shot was taken with off camera flash using a white reflective umbrella to achieve this short lighting effect. Power was set at about 1/64th and looked ok in camera but on screen was underexposed so needed a slight boost in Lightroom. I additionally reduced the clarity slider all the way down deliberately and tweaked the temperature to give it a cool look.

I'm happy with it other than it's cropped too close at the top, which I could easily fix in photoshop but part of my photo a day is to learn to avoid extra post production work by critiquing it, so next time I hope not to make the same mistake.

Day 38 - Strobist Tools

365_38 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Pretty self explanatory shot of my flashgun and reflective white brolly.
Taken on manual settings and simply upped the f stop until I got a shot where the white wasn't blowing out.

Day 39 - Dummy Onlookers

365_39 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

I was in town earlier today and fancied getting the camera out for some street photography.
I spotted these pensioners having a chat outside the local Next shop and it just tickled me the way some of the dummies looked like they were eavesdropping.

It was a snap really and I'm annoyed at chopping off the feet of the two men but again, you live and learn.

I like the macro series about the house - the amp is my fav. I need to be a bit more creative with macro shots!

Back