DPOTY 2023 - Chat Thread

I did have an Orion over a church shot to edit from one night a couple of weeks ago which I didn't get around to as I had such a busy weekend.

But I managed to get something else night sky last night!

Voting now open on February's images, and I'll start the March Entries thread in a mo'. Well done all!

Well done Allan ;)

I actually managed to get out with a camera today (whilst dog-walking), with a couple of ideas in mind. One seemed perfect for Symmetrical - until I realised the two subjects were not in fact symmetrical when I was editing! Oh well, try again next week.

I have thought a lot about this month but symmetrical is such a difficult thing to make interesting. The very fact that something is symmetrical makes it inherently rather boring. On this occasion, I'm awaiting some inspiration from other submissions, so come on everyone, crack on :D:D:D time's a'movin' on.

:DI have thought a lot about this month but symmetrical is such a difficult thing to make interesting. The very fact that something is symmetrical makes it inherently rather boring. On this occasion, I'm awaiting some inspiration from other submissions, so come on everyone, crack on :D:D:D time's a'movin' on.
have we not inspired you already Martin? Back to the drawing board then I guess :exit:

@ShinySideUp Don't forget the shoehorn option Martin!

Nah, it's ok, I'm only joking (ish). I do already have something and I have another idea too. There'll be something from me submitted by the end of the month.

I'm not keen on this creative lark, but I'll post something which will deservedly get nil point.

Had some snow on saturday so tried to tried to get a pic of a snowflake....no chance!

Further to that, just out of interest, is there a league table somewhere?

Looks like I forgot to publish the table after February's results were in. Here you go:

1678713026548.png

Symmetry entry complete, testing out the Deltoidal Hexacontahedron Kaleidoscope design from a maths channel. If I've understood correctly it's 4 planes of symmetry that ultimately produce a 60-sided shape. A symmetry overdose!

Quite struggled with this. I'd wanted to do something specific but was unwell mid Feb and just can't shake being tired and fuzzy all the time. My editing computer has also been dismantled for a month and I've had to buy a new laptop last week & have been installing stuff in that to get it going. Finally put the puter back together this evening and took the 'easy' way out with a conventional image & processing.

I got my back up shot yesterday, just need to run it through Lightroom.

This looks like fun. I presume entry later in the year is OK. I have no idea how good I would / would not be about keeping up for the whole year though :cool:

@I a n No probs, join in any time in the year and do as many as you wish/can. It's a challenge, not competition, so the idea is to provide a theme each month that people can work on in whatever genre/style they like, and get ideas from other peoples entries too. The more the merrier, entry wise!

Entries for March's "Symmetrical" closed yesterday, and the new thread for April "Rural" has been posted. The poll is open for the March entries, so get voting and shooting!

Really tough. I wanted to change the rules to allow 6 votes!

That was bloody quick David @wornish !

Back