DSG (Currys/Dixons/PCW) Firesale of HP Touchpad - £89 - Be quick!

I saw this announce in the US a few days ago, wondered when it would hit our shores.
$99.99 in the US.

No stock near me. Oh well.!

Had the 16Gb in my basket on Currys website, for home delivery, but said was out of stock by the time I'd hit checkout :(

The Dixons website took so long processing pages that by the time I had entered my personal details (over 3mins to load the page!) and a few "next" clicks and it jumped back to the home page with nothing in my basket.
Must have not had many to shift.

Worldwide sale of these. Car Phone Warehouse have them in stock but website VERY slow. Staples and Comet are rumoured to have them reduced to the same prices tomorrow :)

I missed dixons biut was just able to order a 16GB touchpad from carphonewarehouse for £89

Just hope it arrives now

£115 for the 32gb model.. wonder what future support is going to be like??

Just to confirm - the OS on these is closing down, but android is in development for it :)

Still looking for moi!

I would love to get my hands on one of these, but I'm sure most were nabbed by looters a couple of weeks ago!

Will keep an eye out to see where stocks are available.

i had one in my basket earlier on and then the staples website crashed when i went to pay.
tried to get back on all morning and when i finally got back on they are all sold.
also had the same happen with the bt shop and dabs.
just wasted the last 5 hours and not happy.

steunited said:
i had one in my basket earlier on and then the staples website crashed when i went to pay.
tried to get back on all morning and when i finally got back on they are all sold.
also had the same happen with the bt shop and dabs.
just wasted the last 5 hours and not happy.

Seems to be the common case. I had comet website crashing last nite while trying to check out. I have now pretty much given up hope on finding one :)

Wish I was able to get one:(

NEver mind some win others too slow. I'm too slow and I blame work:D

Cheeky Argos... dumped the price overnight. Of course - now it's out of stock.

sneaky barstewards,i emailed them yesterday morning and they rang me back with saying they didn't know anything about the drop in price.
i bookmarked the page and kept checking until after 1 this morning and only checked again at 10 this morning when i finally decided to get up and they are all gone.

it was showing OOS for a couple of days as people had reserved them ready for the drop.

we had none in stock up here but it was available for home delivery but you had to pay the full price.
i suppose you could have done that and then tried to get a refund on the difference but imagine if you couldn't.

Plenty on eBay for 1.5x or 2x the price.
And people are still buying it.
I'll see what happens with the next batch (IF there will be next batch).
It was fascinating to see the TouchPad mania spreading :)

On of my customers works for HP and they still have stock so may go back in stock with other retailers when more are sent out. Fingers crossed.

I managed to get one from Comet today - some came on todays delivery at Drakehouse
, Sheffield. All gone again now but more stock is appearing so don't give up yet.

I managed to get one from Comet today - some came on todays delivery at Drakehouse
, Sheffield. All gone again now but more stock is appearing so don't give up yet.

Lucky!!!....

I had a chat to Argos Luton manager, they MIGHT have some in stock after 15th September.

Let me know if you will find any in stock... I have money ready for it... I might even pay extra for someone to get it for me (but only if your siggy looks decent ;) )

Keep an eye out for John Lewis online. I managed to get a 32gb one this morning. They were even selling the (not yet released) 64gb!

Someone managed to order one an hour after they sold out which someone had cancelled as they're limiting one per household so they do come and go quickly. Apparently they may be getting new stock in next week as well.

Good luck all!

Keep an eye out for John Lewis online. I managed to get a 32gb one this morning. They were even selling the (not yet released) 64gb!

Someone managed to order one an hour after they sold out which someone had cancelled as they're limiting one per household so they do come and go quickly. Apparently they may be getting new stock in next week as well.

Good luck all!

Just had a look on their site no mention of HP touchpads have you got a link

Looked at Argos and you cannot buy it reserve it or get it on home delivery :bonk:

All the staff probably bought them as soon as they found out

Back