DSG (Currys/Dixons/PCW) Firesale of HP Touchpad - £89 - Be quick!

I've just been offered a 32Gb boxed from someone who works at HP for £175, what would you do, go for it or hold fire to see if it is still possible to bag one for the low price? I need to know more about WebOS and what it will cost (if anything) when an Android conversion is available.

Decisions decisions.

I've just been offered a 32Gb boxed from someone who works at HP for £175, what would you do, go for it or hold fire to see if it is still possible to bag one for the low price? I need to know more about WebOS and what it will cost (if anything) when an Android conversion is available.

Decisions decisions.

It depends on a few things. Do you have any use for it? I was looking at tablets for some time, and looked at every option and in the end decided to go for an iPad. I wanted something that just works and a device which has an awesome battery life. The HP specs are very close to the iPad so with regards to hardware and functionality I would hve thought it would be pretty close. The battery life is around 7 hours from what I have read on reviews.

Essentially you will be buying something that is 175 to browse the Internet as the apps Market for this device is very much in it's infancy.

Decisions decisions.

CPW employees are a bunch of %^&*%$£!

£175 is still a reasonable price if you do have a use for it. I would stump up that for the 32GB model.
I think the chances of getting one at the original fire sale price is slim. Besides, if you do get a chance of one you can still buy it and join the craze - sell it for more reducing the cost further.

Flash is very over rated. What is the battery life like?

Battery is good, watched loads on YouTube, skype video, lots of web, getting apps, playing games, obviously wifi on and screen bright, from the power that was in when I opened the box I've had 4+ hours so no complaints as it was reading 60% to start with. Will be playing more soon.

As for flash, until HTML5 is everywhere then I'm liking what I see. Beats browsing on my I phone as I can interact properly.

Tidy, I have to admit not having flash on my iPad or iPhone does not really bother me when browsing the web. I have been able to view you tube videos, BBC iPlayer videos and 4od. It doesn't really bother me

Tidy, I have to admit not having flash on my iPad or iPhone does not really bother me when browsing the web. I have been able to view you tube videos, BBC iPlayer videos and 4od. It doesn't really bother me

That's what ipad users say, but if you reverse the situation, ipad having flash and the other brands don't, then it will be another "big" ipad advantage :D

Lol I have to admit when I was looking at tablets I was looking at an android version of a tablet called the supa tablet. What happened was the car phone warehouse had a firesale on the old version one iPads, and when I saw then at that price, I thought it was too good to be true, and started to try and find one. I must have called loads of branches and visited some of the local ones but nothing was around. I was going to take the plunge on an android tab but read bad reviews about it, as the only place it could be purchased was on eBay, so in the end I didn't fancy messing about trying to get software to work and the whole hastle of having a device that would only last three or four hours on it's battery I went for an iPad

It's a great device but it's in it's current state I don't think I would give my mac up for it.

my iPad doesn't have flash......

that's why I browse on my touchpad :)

I have wonders, if it doesn't have elements of flash, How does I play YouTube or iPlayer or 4od?

HAve been chasing one of these for ages.

I only want one to play about with. Doubt it would be used except for travelling etc.

Back