DSG (Currys/Dixons/PCW) Firesale of HP Touchpad - £89 - Be quick!

I was told last week that the Carphone Warehouse has stock in its warehouse and stores would get some this week. I phoned them and they told me a store close to me would be getting a few. Phoned that store and they had none and knew nothing about getting any. I phoned customer services again a bit later and the girl said their system is not reliable concerning Touchpads as they are being 'masked' apparently to stop the customer service team saying a certain shop has them, everyone rushing there only to find them already gone

Reckon its time to stop looking.......its all getting a bit silly now

Heh insteresting stuff... Just got this from Argos, wonder if they've been inundated with enquries?

argos said:
Hello,

This is an important message from Argos.

We sent you an email this morning advising that we had stock for the HP Touch Pads catalogue numbers 5086043 and 5086050.

This email was sent in error, we regret to inform you that we do not have stock of the above items.

We can confirm that we will not receive any further stock of this item and have removed the facility to be alerted when the item is back in stock.

Thank you.

The registered office address of Argos Limited (registered in England and Wales, number 1081551) is Avebury, 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 2NW.

I phoned a carphone store direct and the lad said that they had no touchpads and if they got any (their customer services said they do have some in the central warehouse and there would be some deliveries this week) he would buy them all ........

what chance does the public have :wave:

Last edited:
I phoned 4 carphone warehouses in Milton Keynes yesterday and they all said they will not have any stock.

I got one from CPW on the first day of the firesale.

The manager hadn't heard of the price drop & was very suprised when he checked his systems. As I left the shop three people that I'd bumped into in PCW on a touchpad search went in.......

They came out empty handed, apparently there were none left....... :shrug:

I still have 5 browser tabs open with autorefresh but I won't be chasing it anymore. £89/£115 or nothing, not a penny more.

There are plenty on ebay, with a slight commission of an additional 100% of the price :)

I must be feeling bloody minded again, I just put in an offer of £99 with a note saying "Cost + 10% for your time"

i messaged someone on ebay that lives near me asking where he managed to buy one a few days ago and he replied back saying that he works in carphone warehouse and they got several in and all the staff bought them.

i messaged someone on ebay that lives near me asking where he managed to buy one a few days ago and he replied back saying that he works in carphone warehouse and they got several in and all the staff bought them.

Of course they did... :bang:

That does not surprise me at all to be honest, I said that from the first day I heard of this offer.

I cannot blame them either........

Hi all,
Plenty of people are reporting that they have bought one today from Carphone Warehouse. Go and call your local branches!! And get one for me if you can... I'll pay straight away!

Any luck guys?? The branches are not picking up the phone, but I can see plenty of posts on different forums showing happy faces, touchpads and receipts ...

I just failed, drove to a store in north birmingham as told by two others stores that they had 3 32Gb in stock. When I got there the guys in the store knew nothing about ever having stock and didn't understand how other stores thought that they did....... in other words they were keeping them for themselves!!! Very annoyed.

Where is the best place to keep an eye on for updates?

I just failed, drove to a store in north birmingham as told by two others stores that they had 3 32Gb in stock. When I got there the guys in the store knew nothing about ever having stock and didn't understand how other stores thought that they did....... in other words they were keeping them for themselves!!! Very annoyed.

Where is the best place to keep an eye on for updates?

Sorry to hear this mate. Plenty of weird stuff going on today. I would be running around to get one too if I wouldn't been abroad. I have posted a link to HotUKDeals on post #96, these guys are pro HP TP hunters.

I managed to get a 32 gb version today from the Durham branch, but they insisted it was only available in a bundle with the dock and case for .£169.

That was at the end of the day today.

I managed to get a 32 gb version today from the Durham branch, but they insisted it was only available in a bundle with the dock and case for .£169.

Still, very good deal! Congrats!

PS: Was this the last one? Any chance you could get another one for me? :/

Last edited:
Been trying to get one of these and narrowly missed out today. Apparently Glasgow Silverburn had some in this morning. Gutted.

Still, very good deal! Congrats!

PS: Was this the last one? Any chance you could get another one for me? :/

Sorry - it was indeed the last one.

There's a slim possibility that I might be selling it (I may get given a free ipad) - if so I'll be in touch.

Went to my local CPW this morning and asked if they had the touchpad, the person I spoke to replied "we don't have any and we are not expecting delivery", and the other guy at the counter said they had delivery yesterday but its all "assigned". They both looked at each other and it looked like their eyes were talking.......I just left the shop scratching my head.

Stunning photos and I love the look. From the beginning they are obviously prime shots and when I see things like this I want to do more prime work but I don't have many and have become very used to my zooms...... I really should have a bit of a play but worry about losing some shots at a wedding.

Stunning photos and I love the look. From the beginning they are obviously prime shots and when I see things like this I want to do more prime work but I don't have many and have become very used to my zooms...... I really should have a bit of a play but worry about losing some shots at a wedding.

? :thinking:

I suspect he may have had the same two threads open that I did - as his post makes perfect sense on the other one!

might as well continue here... the first pic looks like itwas taken with a tilt shift lens.

That was lucky, I checked there a few days back and they had none :thinking:

I was in Durham today and walked right past to maybe they would have had some more :bang:

I just phoned Bishop Auckland and Darlington with no luck. Do you have the direct number for Durham ?

Edit - Its OK I found it and they have none

Last edited:
Just spoke to a chap i know works in the eastbourne branch said if they come in the staff are buying them to resale

TheCrewDesigns said:
*LOL* Yeah I know :D

Did you just happen to pop in or did you check on the phone first ?

I just phoned them and the girl said they had around 7 in yesterday which were all gone in a few hours

I just popped in having seen this thread and got lucky.

Just spoke to a chap i know works in the eastbourne branch said if they come in the staff are buying them to resale

Yep one lad told me the exact same when I phoned a branch. The conversation went like this:

Me - Hello do you have any HP Touchpads for sale ?

Shop - *snigger*... No sorry.. and when we do I will be the first to buy them all....

I just popped in having seen this thread and got lucky.

Lucky sod.... get that lottery on (y) Wanna sell it ?

Sorry - it was indeed the last one.

There's a slim possibility that I might be selling it (I may get given a free ipad) - if so I'll be in touch.

Please let me know if you will decide to sell it, and we can take it to For Sale section.

Back