E-Cigarettes

My last 2 purchases; a HCigar VT40 with a Vapor Giant Mini, which has a Kayfun type build deck (so dead easy to build on) but with more air and with a Ni200 build it it's a nice vape.

IMG_20150729_195025.jpg
Looks tidy Martyn,the 200 is not a bad price http://vaporjoes.com/blog/2015/08/03/china-guts-the-evolv-dna200-mod-market-117-00/

Looks a nice device, but can't for the life of me work out who needs 200W with a 0.15 ohm Ni200 build in the atty. Be interesting to see what size lipo batteries they're using in the mod well and the battery life @ 200W, but I'm so impressed with the Vapor Giant I'm shopping for another but might go for the nano model this time as they are a bit on the tall size...

Nice,got one here which I bought when they first came out.Had to fart about with it though.Upgraded the spring inside and all is well now (y)

I've been excited all day because my Fast Tech goodies came just as I was leaving for work. It's been horrible being in work knowing they are waiting for me to play with! I've still got to go to watchmy girlfriend sing before I go home though!

I ordered the good Velocity clone and apparently the best Dark Horse clone. I want them now!

So I've been using the Ileaf 50 for a month now and must say it's great! Batteries last forever! Now looking for a good atomiser for it- been using an Aerotank but find the coils don't last long and are hit and miss- out of a five-pack there's always one that's faulty it seems! What are your recommendations? Don't really want to get involved with building coils, just want good performance and reliability.

Thanks

Next step I would recommend would be to get a naturevape coil for the aerotank. It's a single microcoil head that you can replace the wick in (cotton) very simple to remove the old cotton and dry burn the coil for cleaning. They last a loooong time and will improve the flavours, imho.
Then you are only one very small step away from rebuilding completely yourself. I use Isticks with eleaf Lemo tanks. Takes me about two minutes to make a coil and wick.

Next step I would recommend would be to get a naturevape coil for the aerotank. It's a single microcoil head that you can replace the wick in (cotton) very simple to remove the old cotton and dry burn the coil for cleaning. They last a loooong time and will improve the flavours, imho.
Then you are only one very small step away from rebuilding completely yourself. I use Isticks with eleaf Lemo tanks. Takes me about two minutes to make a coil and wick.

I use the nature vape coils and the tank. I love them, certainly the best for flavour and how long they last

Sounds good- so you buy one coil then re-wick it with the cotton? How long does the coil last?

Think I got about 3 months from one. Hard to remember as I usually had a few on the go and was making my own as well.

Sounds good- so you buy one coil then re-wick it with the cotton? How long does the coil last?

Mine vary sometimes 2 weeks, sometimes 3 or 4... I think it depends if you get the cotton slightly to thin as well.

Trust me though they are really easy to re wick.. If I can do it anyone can lol :D

Right i have just brought an VIP kit,which i am getting on very well with really cut down my cig intake,i also thought i would try an bigger one the Kanger Tech subbox mini,which i am not getting to well on with,i dont if the liquid is to strong,using in both VIP Virginia rolling tobacco 16mg nic.

The VIP is very smooth the subbox seem very strong to me ?

Any help thanks :)

Right i have just brought an VIP kit,which i am getting on very well with really cut down my cig intake,i also thought i would try an bigger one the Kanger Tech subbox mini,which i am not getting to well on with,i dont if the liquid is to strong,using in both VIP Virginia rolling tobacco 16mg nic.

The VIP is very smooth the subbox seem very strong to me ?

Any help thanks :)

Never tried a subbox Simon, so I can't offer any advice. I'm sure @u8myufo will be along soon though, I don't think there is a mod he hasn't owned!! :D

The Subox mini and subtank are classed as high power devices. You're getting so much more vapour from the subtank and it would be beneficial to lower your nicotine level. When I got my subtank I went from 18mg to 3mg overnight!

Never tried a subbox Simon, so I can't offer any advice. I'm sure @u8myufo will be along soon though, I don't think there is a mod he hasn't owned!! :D

Lol! Except that one,seems quite popular though.The Wismech Venti seems popular also and chucks it out,just a shame it was not through another supplier,I have not and will never use TW.

The Subox mini and subtank are classed as high power devices. You're getting so much more vapour from the subtank and it would be beneficial to lower your nicotine level. When I got my subtank I went from 18mg to 3mg overnight!

Thanks,will get some 3mg :)

Thanks,will get some 3mg :)

3 or 6 are just guidelines for high powered vaping though. For me I needed them. I know people who happily high power on 36mg. I tried some of my dads 24mg in a dripper and was queasy for two days!

Speaking of drippers, and as the last few posts have included no photos WHATSOEVER! Here's a couple of my new additions.

The Twisted Messes is absolutely mental!

Attachments

• 1440853752742.jpg
    1440853752742.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 1440853771007.jpg
    1440853771007.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 11
3 or 6 are just guidelines for high powered vaping though. For me I needed them. I know people who happily high power on 36mg. I tried some of my dads 24mg in a dripper and was queasy for two days!

That what happen to me on the 16mg,make my head spin :puke:

That what happen to me on the 16mg,make my head spin :puke:

I mentioned it on a previous page Simon, I wasn't sleeping using the 18mg juice even with my meds! I have dropped to 10mg and I seem fine now, also, it's not so harsh. When I was in Celtic Vapours buying my Juice there was a guy there who said he had problems with high mg juices when using the larger tanks so he was using 3mg now in them.

I mentioned it on a previous page Simon, I wasn't sleeping using the 18mg juice even with my meds! I have dropped to 10mg and I seem fine now, also, it's not so harsh. When I was in Celtic Vapours buying my Juice there was a guy there who said he had problems with high mg juices when using the larger tanks so he was using 3mg now in them.

Yeh Simon,3mg or even 0mg is the norm in drippers and the subohm type tanks.Just a little heads up,I used these guy`s yesterday as the Five Pawns Castle was on special,they also have a decent range of liquids and have got free shipping on over this weekend.
http://www.cloudzvapour.com/product-category/juices/

Has any body here tried the temp control mods? I'm going to give vaping another go and am quieter interested in the look of them. I need a decent mod that ha as much flavour as poss but completely idiot proof...

Has any body here tried the temp control mods? I'm going to give vaping another go and am quieter interested in the look of them. I need a decent mod that ha as much flavour as poss but completely idiot proof...

I have two here Ryan,but mostly use them in power mode with ordinary builds :D Building coils with Ni200 is ok but I prefer the taste and vapour production from Kanthal.In saying that if you purchased a subohm type tank then Titanium pre-built coils give a better vape than Nichrome imo,but the majority of those types of tank are juice hungry as the coils are either .2ohm or .5ohm resistance, it`s all down to personal opinion and what satisfies you.What sort of kit did you have before,and what is your budget?

Budget is not so much of an issue if it stops me smoking again :) before was using provari (which died) clones and kayfuns but travelled to a shop to re coil them for me as I'm crap and don't have the time. My ideal setup is something would be something that an idiot could use, ie decent or built wicks and coils with decent flavour and not harsh, I tried all sorts to get it but couldn't get anything close.

Budget is not so much of an issue if it stops me smoking again :) before was using provari (which died) clones and kayfuns but travelled to a shop to re coil them for me as I'm crap and don't have the time. My ideal setup is something would be something that an idiot could use, ie decent or built wicks and coils with decent flavour and not harsh, I tried all sorts to get it but couldn't get anything close.

I'm a stickler for Vapoursharks, been my only mod now for well over a year. I work in a Vape shop so get to try out pretty much everything that comes out, but the quality of the Vapoursharks, and the fact that it always works, is the winner for me.

I'm still using Kayfuns on mine, genuine ones, but I still haven't found a pre built tank that beats the nautilus.

I'm a stickler for Vapoursharks, been my only mod now for well over a year. I work in a Vape shop so get to try out pretty much everything that comes out, but the quality of the Vapoursharks, and the fact that it always works, is the winner for me.

I'm still using Kayfuns on mine, genuine ones, but I still haven't found a pre built tank that beats the nautilus.

Got a shark myself Simon which is rock solid.Looking at getting the DNA200 one when it`s more widely available.Will your place be getting them in? I love my Kayfun 3.1 and nothing touches it for flavour with the Castle Long.I also have the Origen,Sat22 and the In`ax for using with the Manabush liquids.

Last edited:
Just had a quick google for vapour shark, have they resolved the heating issue i see come up quite a bit in the web? I'd there a benefit of having a 40w mod without the temp control as to with it?

Just had a quick google for vapour shark, have they resolved the heating issue i see come up quite a bit in the web? I'd there a benefit of having a 40w mod without the temp control as to with it?

Not sure what you mean about the heating issue Ryan,the only probs I seen mentioned with the Shark were scrambled screen readouts.That was fixed with the V2 anyhow.Well the benefit with temp control is you have the choice of using Nichrome,titanium or kanthal builds.Like I say i am contemplating the DNA200 Shark,but then again might pick up the VT200.There were a couple of issues with them but they have been recalled from the vendors and should be back on the shelves again shortly.

VTbox-200-4_zpsxvnir9ty.jpg

Got a shark myself Simon which is rock solid.Looking at getting the DNA200 one when it`s more widely available.Will your place be getting them in? I love my Kayfun 3.1 and nothing touches it for flavour with the Castle Long.I also have the Origen,Sat22 and the In`ax for using with the Manabush liquids.

My place tends to stay away from the real 'high-end' stuff, but through customers, plus friends within the industry, i can get pretty much whatever i want :p

Yup, Shark and Kayfun Light+'s are the way to go.

I'm think about 'upgrading' to the DNA 200 Shark and a Kayfun 4, but i'm not sure if i can really be bothered. I only use one flavour, and what i have now works!

If you all haven't already, give Kraken E-Liquids a look too - Good Mate of mine, but amazing liquids!

Right then help needed...

I've bitten the bullet and bought a sigelei 75w box mod and sigelei elite tank and some space jam juice, the trouble I am having is that every hit is blowing my head off... I've tried playing a bit with the temp and wattage but to no avail so need to find the sweet spot so after some advice.

From what I understand the wattage doesn't matter to much as the temp control will kick in so if I'm right the wattage is like an accelerator in a car, the higher it is the quicker it will get to the pre set temp? The hotter the temp the harsher the hit will be?

I'm trying to get it set so that I can just leave it and go...

Right then help needed...

I've bitten the bullet and bought a sigelei 75w box mod and sigelei elite tank and some space jam juice, the trouble I am having is that every hit is blowing my head off... I've tried playing a bit with the temp and wattage but to no avail so need to find the sweet spot so after some advice.

From what I understand the wattage doesn't matter to much as the temp control will kick in so if I'm right the wattage is like an accelerator in a car, the higher it is the quicker it will get to the pre set temp? The hotter the temp the harsher the hit will be?

I'm trying to get it set so that I can just leave it and go...

Hi Ryan,well congrats on the kit,I would first ask if you are sure you have a Nickle or Ni200 as they are called coil in the tank ,for temp control?Most mods will detect automatically if it is a normal Kanthal coil.The coils for that tank come in at 1.2 ohm (10W-20W) 0.5 ohm (20w-30w) 0.2 ohm: (30W-70W). If you are not completely sure then try this.Dial in a temp figure of 350F,press the fire button for about three seconds whilst looking at the screen,if it is a Ni200 build then you should see "Temp Protected" appear on the screen.If however the coils are ordinary Kanthal, then where you see the 350F the 350 should dissapear and you will just see the "F" symbol.I would also ask what nicotine strength did you use to use and have you bought the same strength this time?As that tank is a subohm tank,and you will find that you will more as like have to cut your nic strength right down with those types as they heighten the effect,if the taste of what you are getting is not burnt then I wouldnt mind betting that is what is blowing your head off.

Last edited:
Back