E-Cigarettes

The shinyitis has set in then Nick :D What mech did you buy, I assume you are using an RDA also,which one is that? Tbh I would stick to around a .4ohm build,even a .6 dual coil will give you plenty of vapor and good taste.Just picked myself up another pair of the AWT`s as I bought myself a Tank Crossing the other day.

005_238_zpsadavdlqo.jpg

That looks very pretty!

I got a Smok Magneto III 1939. The fella in the vape shop was dead helpful and I decided to go with his advice and get it as an entry into the mech side of things. The only downside it that nothing screws down flush onto it, there is like a 1 or 2 mm gap between the bottom of my atties and the mod. I don't think the pin in the mod is adjustable and to be honest it's not that big of a deal.

My RDA that I have at the moment is a Derringer. I think it's a clone because it only cost me £17 but it works a treat. It's like being hit in the face with flavour and that's using an 80/20 VG/PG mix! I'm loving the think juices at the moment as it's enabled me to go down to 3mg after only 6 weeks of vaping and with the Kanger mini RTA it wicks great and tastes boss!

I'm really enjoying this new hobby and I think I'm at a point where I don't think I'm ever going to amoke again :)

That looks very pretty!

I got a Smok Magneto III 1939. The fella in the vape shop was dead helpful and I decided to go with his advice and get it as an entry into the mech side of things. The only downside it that nothing screws down flush onto it, there is like a 1 or 2 mm gap between the bottom of my atties and the mod. I don't think the pin in the mod is adjustable and to be honest it's not that big of a deal.

My RDA that I have at the moment is a Derringer. I think it's a clone because it only cost me £17 but it works a treat. It's like being hit in the face with flavour and that's using an 80/20 VG/PG mix! I'm loving the think juices at the moment as it's enabled me to go down to 3mg after only 6 weeks of vaping and with the Kanger mini RTA it wicks great and tastes boss!

I'm really enjoying this new hobby and I think I'm at a point where I don't think I'm ever going to amoke again :)

Great that you are getting on well with it Nick,yeh the Derringer is a great lttle RDA.If you have a bit of patience then having a dabble into the world of Gennies is good.I have a Sat22 clone which I really enjoy and am looking at getting me a Hellfire RDA.Keep us posted on your progress mate (y) Oh and yeh,you can sometimes get a pretty s***e connection on the atty,but then you may find another tank will fit perfect on the same mod.Normaly down to being a clone and the fitting on the RDA or tank will be slightly off.Horses for coases I suppose.

Last edited:
And another edition to the family :D

047_364_zps1yydrrhu.jpg

How many of you actually quite by now?

For me I quit following a week on e cigarettes. It carried it around for a while longer, but this is now nearly 1.5 years ago and I honestly still can't be fussed with it.

As such I thought they were great, helped me transition to fully give up.

Well it was my two month no smoking milestone on the 17th so I reckon I'm pretty much over the smoking thing. Don't see a reason to stop the vaping though. Does me and the people around me no harm whatsoever.

Putting an order in today for all my diy juice making gear too!

How many of you actually quite by now?

For me I quit following a week on e cigarettes. It carried it around for a while longer, but this is now nearly 1.5 years ago and I honestly still can't be fussed with it.

As such I thought they were great, helped me transition to fully give up.

Personally speaking, and it's probably true for others too. My switching to vaping was never with the view to quit. It was first and foremost a safer delivery method for the nicotine I was addicted to. For that it worked immediately and I don't see myself smoking ever again. I've gradually decreased the amount of nicotine content in my homemade juice, mainly to reduce the cost of the liquid. And I'm now using a nicotine strength well below commercial choices.At some point I may stop vaping but that's not a goal I have set myself.

Cool, interesting. It was never a goal for me either, the goal was to go for something healthier than burning tobacco. For me it was then a case of why stand out in the rain and cold to vape and the addiction was gone so it happened by accident really.

Still way too many flavours to try before i quit vaping :D

over 2 years vaping now and last time i smoked was may 2013 when i started on the vaping road.
doens of mods later and now im down to my smok xpro m80 plus, vaporshark RDNA 40 and smok gct tanks, plus my old backup mvp 2 ( thanks rich ) and a derringer dripper for testing juices.
plus a couple of aerotanks for backup as well.
make all my juices and have done for past year or more and maybe buy one bottle of snake oil a year as a treat , otherwise its fruity menthols, anise based blends and absinthe cocktails for me.
currently vaping my home made blueberry, strawberry, raspberry redcurrant and blackcurrant menthol blend which is a deep red colour and just yumm.
costs me around £1 to make 30ml of juice too

over 2 years vaping now and last time i smoked was may 2013 when i started on the vaping road.
doens of mods later and now im down to my smok xpro m80 plus, vaporshark RDNA 40 and smok gct tanks, plus my old backup mvp 2 ( thanks rich ) and a derringer dripper for testing juices.
plus a couple of aerotanks for backup as well.
make all my juices and have done for past year or more and maybe buy one bottle of snake oil a year as a treat , otherwise its fruity menthols, anise based blends and absinthe cocktails for me.
currently vaping my home made blueberry, strawberry, raspberry redcurrant and blackcurrant menthol blend which is a deep red colour and just yumm.
costs me around £1 to make 30ml of juice too

Your claims mean nothing without samples Dean ;) How is your health now mate? I am sorry I forgot to ask earlier.

Well it's been a bit of a mad splurge of a couple of months for me vaping wise! Acquired lots of gear and have gotten pretty good at coiling as well.

After having so many dry hits off the Subtank RBA I've decided to just use the Subtank with the stock coils. But I wanted to go down the RTA route so some money magically flew out of my wallet in the local vape shop and I walked out with a Goliath! Without doubt it is the best vape purchase I have made so far. No matter how hard I try I just can't get a dry hit off it. The deck design makes wicking a breeze and with the juice control wide open it copes with max VG like a breeze. Currently vaping Yoda Babies on a 0.4 dual coil at 50 watts and it's heavenly.

I'm babbling now. Vaping is boss.

The only thing i ever buy is nic & favours Two Provari's and a Kayfun have done me well, its been over 4 years now :)

Last edited:
Your claims mean nothing without samples Dean ;) How is your health now mate? I am sorry I forgot to ask earlier.
well im still alive though not kicking so hard now lol back to hospital in couple of weeks for physio but other than that doing good.
hows yourself matey. i dont bother with potv any more it all got rather pants over there.
as for samples. im sure i can knock summat up to your liking just name your poison and i'll see what i can do..chilli and bacon maybe lol

well im still alive though not kicking so hard now lol back to hospital in couple of weeks for physio but other than that doing good.
hows yourself matey. i dont bother with potv any more it all got rather pants over there.
as for samples. im sure i can knock summat up to your liking just name your poison and i'll see what i can do..chilli and bacon maybe lol

Lol! only kidding mate,I am hooked on the high VG Snake Oil amongst other things.

ahhh i paid a visit to Simons new offices/ factory/ unit place/ thing a while back.. picked up 100ml bottle for £20! bargain.. spent about an hour there getting a tour ( snake oil by the 30 gallon drum steeped in 5 gallon square bottles/ plastic jerry can inside industrial sized ultra sonic cleaners.
got to try a new flavour they are working on too , but didnt get the secret recipe, though its all done by weight and viscosity rather than ml/litre .
its only down the road from me think i may have to go back and treat myself again soon

ahhh i paid a visit to Simons new offices/ factory/ unit place/ thing a while back.. picked up 100ml bottle for £20! bargain.. spent about an hour there getting a tour ( snake oil by the 30 gallon drum steeped in 5 gallon square bottles/ plastic jerry can inside industrial sized ultra sonic cleaners.
got to try a new flavour they are working on too , but didnt get the secret recipe, though its all done by weight and viscosity rather than ml/litre .
its only down the road from me think i may have to go back and treat myself again soon

Handy :D

Hi all,
I spent all afternoon at work today trying to get a hit out of my Kanger aerotank V2 and evod batteries! it was driving me crazy!!
All of a sudden it just would not work-I think its a connection problem somewhere.
This keeps happening and I'm sick of it so I'm asking opinions on different brands. I need something simple to use that is super reliable, I don't want to get into
making my own coils-just want a descent clearomiser and maybe a couple of batteries or a small mod type thing-any recommendations?
Had it up to here with Kangertech!!!

Thanks Steve

Hi all,
I spent all afternoon at work today trying to get a hit out of my Kanger aerotank V2 and evod batteries! it was driving me crazy!!
All of a sudden it just would not work-I think its a connection problem somewhere.
This keeps happening and I'm sick of it so I'm asking opinions on different brands. I need something simple to use that is super reliable, I don't want to get into
making my own coils-just want a descent clearomiser and maybe a couple of batteries or a small mod type thing-any recommendations?

Thanks Steve

I would recommend a Nautilus Mini tank. For a mod its take your pick really. You could pick up an istick 20 watt for less than 20 quid if you look around. The taste from the Nautilus coils is really good.

Hi all,

Thanks Steve
Hi Steve,sorry to hear of your probs but sometimes these things happen,and to be honest the Evod battery type devices are all but an introduction into vaping.You certainly need something a bit more capable.As Nick suggest the Nautilus mini is decent.What sort of budget are you looking at?Problem is stuff is changing on a weekly basis with regards to regulated mods.Have alook at these places and if you see anything that takes your fancy then come back and just double check,although there will always be You tube reviews from a lot of people anyhow.

http://myepack.co.uk/

http://www.electronic-cigarettesco.co.uk/five-pawns-usa/463-five-pawns-fifth-rank-e-liquid.html

http://www.evolutionvaping.co.uk/index.php/mods/variable-voltage-wattage?p=2

Ok so the Nautilus looks good, what would be a good battery to match it? Tbh there are so many options I find it hard to choose! Something easy to use and reliable and not too big would be great ! Budget not a problem but don't want to spend a fortune!

Ok so the Nautilus looks good, what would be a good battery to match it? Tbh there are so many options I find it hard to choose! Something easy to use and reliable and not too big would be great ! Budget not a problem but don't want to spend a fortune!

Go with Colin on this one as he has had the unit himself.

Last edited:
Probably slightly bigger than a pack of 10 Benson and Hedges :D If you get a tube mod or battery it will make it much longer in length with the nautilus on.

Eleaf ISticks are worth a look too, I much prefer the feel of them in the hand. I use the 50W version and the battery lasts better than the MVP2's I used to have. Mrs Sprout uses the 20W version which are smaller again.

Eleaf ISticks are worth a look too, I much prefer the feel of them in the hand. I use the 50W version and the battery lasts better than the MVP2's I used to have. Mrs Sprout uses the 20W version which are smaller again.

Cheers Colin,not really looked at a lot of them lately so just made that suggestion.Actually after watching PB`s review you may probably be right.Is the 50 watt versdion as good do you know? http://cambridgevaping.co.uk/index.php/variable-voltage-mods/new-50w-eleaf-istick-all-colours.html

Still vamping away here. mainly mixing my own from Heisenberg and red concentrates, with the odd bottle here and there to try. Went of custards since I've started using a lemo and sub tank as found them getting to sickly. I have side dropped to 2mg and will go to 1 or 0 in my next mix i think. Think I'm going to grab a stick 50w or mvp3 pro this week, but not been going mad anymore, just what i need. spend a lot of time on UK tape trades on Facebook as theres always months sponsors and last sunday of the month is vendors day where you can grab a fair bit cheaper.

Still vamping away here. mainly mixing my own from Heisenberg and red concentrates, with the odd bottle here and there to try. Went of custards since I've started using a lemo and sub tank as found them getting to sickly. I have side dropped to 2mg and will go to 1 or 0 in my next mix i think. Think I'm going to grab a stick 50w or mvp3 pro this week, but not been going mad anymore, just what i need. spend a lot of time on UK tape trades on Facebook as theres always months sponsors and last sunday of the month is vendors day where you can grab a fair bit cheaper.

Hi Peter,glad you are still vaping away happily :D What is your full name on Facebook?I will look you up,mine is Richard Venn.

Peter Mcallister. Still enjoying it most the time .Do have days where I dont enjoy it as much but wouldn't think about going back to cigarettes. Wife/mum are still on at me to stop as it was ment to be a stop gap not take over...so they thought. My wife doesnt enjoy the clouds either. :)

Yesterday was my three months since my last cigarette day. I'm all in with the vaping now! Currently vaping my home brew max vg strawberry and cream in the plume veil on the sig 100 plus and Element dripper Key Lime Cookie in the Derringer on the Smok m80 plus :)

Got a Snow Wolf for me birthday last week while we were in Vienna but I'm really struggling coiling with ni200!

Peter Mcallister. Still enjoying it most the time .Do have days where I dont enjoy it as much but wouldn't think about going back to cigarettes. Wife/mum are still on at me to stop as it was ment to be a stop gap not take over...so they thought. My wife doesnt enjoy the clouds either. :)
Don't worry I'm 4 plus years and still using, at least it's 99% better than fags

Yesterday was my three months since my last cigarette day. I'm all in with the vaping now! Currently vaping my home brew max vg strawberry and cream in the plume veil on the sig 100 plus and Element dripper Key Lime Cookie in the Derringer on the Smok m80 plus :)

Got a Snow Wolf for me birthday last week while we were in Vienna but I'm really struggling coiling with ni200!

I have Key Lime cookie in the Derry as we speak Nick :D Is that the Vapors Oven version you have? Just cracked another bottle open yesterday which was a good 2 months old,nicely steeped you could say.

I have Key Lime cookie in the Derry as we speak Nick :D Is that the Vapors Oven version you have? Just cracked another bottle open yesterday which was a good 2 months old,nicely steeped you could say.

The cream is Flavour Art sweet cream and it's Capella sweet strawberry. It's soo good :)

I've found a local b and m that sells the Element stuff for a tenner a bottle (to me anyway :) ). Online prices a ten minute walk away!

It's been years since I bought an atty so just treated myself to a new version of the Kayfun V4 :)

Back